Accelerated Evolution

Traffic jams…

Poophy

Have you ever been driving along on the highway when traffic suddenly backs up for miles? And then, after sitting in traffic for half an hour, you finally get to the "accident" and all it is a small "fender bender" off to the side of the road so that is isn't even blocking traffic. I this type of situation do you find yourself (like me) not thanking god that no one was hurt but complaining that for all the time you just had to sit in gridlock you want to see someone fucking decapitated with a 5 car pile up. And what is even worse is when the accident isn't even on your side of the high way but people decide to slow down to get a better look and cause traffic to pile up for miles back.

In conclusion:

1) An accident should only slow traffic if it is actually blocking a lane

2) Anyone who slows down to look at an accident should be run over

3)If I am forced to wait in traffic because of an accident then someone better be dead when I get there, because if they are not then im going to kill someone

No, I completely understand. I don't drive, but I know the assholes who just drive on by real slow, mouth agape at something that probably could've been pulled off to the side and dealt with in a few minutes. As for your desire to see someone decapitated and in a five car pile up...I'd have to agree. Perfect example: I was going to see my girlfriend at a Starbucks in Princeton Marketfair and the traffic was backed up for a while. I'm end up being 10 minutes late and when you finally get to where it was, it was just a fender bender and I thought to myself, "Wow. That seemed unnecessary." And things just were 1,000x better after you get past that little section, but I had still wished to see something worthy of a goregrind band's album cover. But it was ok, she was late too, so it worked out :hardgay:

Out here in Jersey, traffic is nearly nonexistent, all because we drive like complete maniacs. The only time you wil ever hit traffic out here is when the PA drivers are heading home from thier NJ jobs and need to cross over the RT-29 bridge to get back in, they have the need to drive 65 in a 65MPH zone, which is annoying as all fuck.

For example, I go to my friend Jess' house which is right off the RT. 1 exit (yes, the same one that GPS was complaining about in Random Thoughts), and for a normal driver to get to my house from her house going at a normal speed would be about 10 minutes, but myself, maybe about 3 minutes if I hit all greens because I'm going about 110 along with everyone else on the road. If there is an accident, that usually causes other drivers to slow down, NJ drivers speed up significantly because they know that there won't be another state trooper for at least 5 miles.

Out here in Jersey, traffic is nearly nonexistent, all because we drive like complete maniacs. The only time you wil ever hit traffic out here is when the PA drivers are heading home from thier NJ jobs and need to cross over the RT-29 bridge to get back in, they have the need to drive 65 in a 65MPH zone, which is annoying as all fuck.

For example, I go to my friend Jess' house which is right off the RT. 1 exit (yes, the same one that GPS was complaining about in Random Thoughts), and for a normal driver to get to my house from her house going at a normal speed would be about 10 minutes, but myself, maybe about 3 minutes if I hit all greens because I'm going about 110 along with everyone else on the road. If there is an accident, that usually causes other drivers to slow down, NJ drivers speed up significantly because they know that there won't be another state trooper for at least 5 miles.

i LOLed

Truer words never spoken.

The only time you wil ever hit traffic out here is when the PA drivers are heading home from thier NJ jobs

Therein was my story's dilema.

On the beltline people find it necessary to slam on their brakes whenever some car is on the side of the road, and it's annoying as all hell because there's usually not enough traffic to slow it down, but enough that there's virtually no following distance, so then when some crazy genius decides to do this not only do you slam on your brakes and hope not to hit them, but then you are praying the crazy genius behind you doesn't hit you and it never ends. >_<

Seriously, 12 car pileups don't surprise me anymore when the news reports them monthly.

Speaking from being a courier who's scene the wierdest of shit on the road, I've had my share of traffic jams..its a part of the job.. but yeah Texas drivers suck ass jus like tonight.. I saw someone get rear ended at a stop light...and the cars were stopped...the car behind jus sped up and rear-ended the jeep.. and I was like oh man you gotta be kiddin me.

This thread is fucking hilarious.

In conclusion:

3)If I am forced to wait in traffic because of an accident then someone better be dead when I get there, because if they are not then im going to kill someone

Hahaha!

they have the need to drive 65 in a 65MPH zone, which is annoying as all fuck.

Yeah, pretty much no one drives the speed limit around here either (although I doubt they drive as fast as in NJ).

Well, that's because your understanding of government is seriously flawed.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Speaking from being a courier who's scene the wierdest of shit on the road, I've had my share of traffic jams..its a part of the job.. but yeah Texas drivers suck ass jus like tonight.. I saw someone get rear ended at a stop light...and the cars were stopped...the car behind jus sped up and rear-ended the jeep.. and I was like oh man you gotta be kiddin me.

Hahaha! Perfect post.

Portland traffic is crazy. It's like there is always a mass evacuation going on.

Portland is like a giant series of one-way streets. I hate driving there.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you ever been driving along on the highway when traffic suddenly backs up for miles? And then, after sitting in traffic for half an hour, you finally get to the "accident" and all it is a small "fender bender" off to the side of the road so that is isn't even blocking traffic. I this type of situation do you find yourself (like me) not thanking god that no one was hurt but complaining that for all the time you just had to sit in gridlock you want to see someone fucking decapitated with a 5 car pile up. And what is even worse is when the accident isn't even on your side of the high way but people decide to slow down to get a better look and cause traffic to pile up for miles back.

In conclusion:

I don't have to deal with too many traffic jams, because I seldom drive.

I believe that NYC and the surrounding area should not be allowed to issue licenses, because anyone who wants to drive there is so mentally deranged that said person should not be allowed to have guns or pointy sticks, let alone a car.

hahahahahahah

anyway i was stuck in traffic for an hour and a half today, it was lame

man I was stuck in traffic in the fuckin High School's parking lot to pick up my brother from the 9th grade orientation for a half hour. made me mad fuckin late to work.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, living in the Baltimore/Washington area, you see a lot of stupid, stupid shit. One of my friends passed a guy going 50 (in a 65) because he felt the need to shave his head, while in the car.

Going from Washington to Baltimore (and vice-versa) during rush hour is inexplicably slow. SOMETIMES it goes 50 (in a 55 or 65), often, it's a <10 crawl -- for no reason. There's no accidents, there's no construction, just for some reason, SOMEONE is merging on or off on these roads and it slows down everyone else behind 'em.

In my daily commute, I'll usually take the local lanes from my job to home (which is almost always faster than the "express" lanes). Once the local lanes merge with the express lanes, I'm usually looking at a 10 minute crawl on the highway, which ain't so bad compared to some people. It constantly astounds me that my 15 minute drive turns into a 30 minute commute every day.