Accelerated Evolution

Murdock buys out Dow Jones for $5 billion.

I'm praying that he's cares about his money. I'm praying that 5 billion means something to him, so he doesn't turn WSJ into FOXNewspaper. I think he'll leave most of the news alone, but the editorial pages just shifted to the right, and I would be surprised if there's no shift in its coverage, but that change could be small.

I'm praying that he's cares about his money. I'm praying that 5 billion means something to him, so he doesn't turn WSJ into FOXNewspaper. I think he'll leave most of the news alone, but the editorial pages just shifted to the right, and I would be surprised if there's no shift in its coverage, but that change could be small.

Yay, 'cept the WSJ's editorials are already pretty right-leaning (a recent one blamed the dem's for failure in Iraq). What I hope is that he doesn't turn it into a "paper" like the NY Post, which hardley reports any bad news about Iraq and uses shitty photoshoped images and bad puns to make fun of Librerals.

But the purpose of having many different papers is that they are all biased in different ways. If Murdock owns all the papers then there will be just one viewpoint.

So one side has one less paper calling the other side dicks while doing nothing to help serve or inform the American public.

Pardon le moi whilst I cry a fucking river.

So one side has one less paper calling the other side dicks while doing nothing to help serve or inform the American public.

Pardon le moi whilst I cry a fucking river.

The Wall Street Journal is a major employer of journalists. These people aren't going to want to leave (because of job security, yay capitalism!) so rather than publish worthwhile information they're going to be put on bullshit assignments that do nothing.

I agree that newspapers have been pretty bullshit for years -- actually, since about the time they started getting bought up by people like Rupert Murdoch. Coincidence?

• 2 weeks later...