Accelerated Evolution

Communist expansionism!

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/08/01/ap3976834.html

Communist expansionism!

The USSR, I mean Russia, has invaded, I mean clamed the Arctic Ocean. Where is the US’s containment doctrine now? The Soviets, I mean Russian, are invading these uninhabited and previously ice covered lands and making the inhabitants (polar bears) communist! In 1969 the US won the space race by beating the USSR to the moon, but now we wont even fight they for the north pole…

Well, it makes sense now; the North Pole has always been a bunch of communist. Look at Santa:

He wears a red suite

The elves are all equally overworked and underpaid

The elves aren’t allowed to own their own businesses

The government (Santa) controls the only means of transportation (reindeer)

Well, it makes sense now; the North Pole has always been a bunch of communist. Look at Santa:

He wears a red suite

Wow, I never thought of that.

And the other 65% would vote for Putin?

Well it's better than GWB I guess.

Yeah, Putin's perfectly honest about the fact that he's going to take away your civil rights and use them to by guns for the KGB FSB so they can run a search party up your ass.

GWB lies about some bullshit so he can attack Iraq.

Putin tells the truth about some bullshit so he can attack Chechnya.

EDIT: I was listening to the radio the other day about how "OMG PUTIN WAS PUT INTO POWER THERE WAS NO DEMOCRACY." The irony being that, even with Russian polling practices being what they are (corrupt) he was elected with like 80% of the vote (more than any other leader of a G8 country).

On a more serious note, Russia could be claiming the oil and gas deposits found down there. Canadian government might be giggling at this now (well so are the rest of us) but if Russia is more insistent, Canada won't back down easily. Oil and gas. It's a big thing around here.

On a more serious note, Russia could be claiming the oil and gas deposits found down there. Canadian government might be giggling at this now (well so are the rest of us) but if Russia is more insistent, Canada won't back down easily. Oil and gas. It's a big thing around here.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/08/01/ap3976834.html

Denmark hopes to prove that the Lomonosov Ridge is an extension of the Danish territory of Greenland, not Russia. Canada, meanwhile, plans to spend $7 billion to build and operate up to eight Arctic patrol ships in a bid to help protect its sovereignty.

read the artical

He wears a red suite

LOL That makes some sense.