What Style  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What Art Style should I get Tatooed on me

• Old School
    • Japanese Style
    • CTTS like
    • A Combo of two or more of the above

well. it comes down to these three.

Something in an Old School Style like this*Just the drawing style not the actual thing*

bmepb488312.jpg

or this

bmepb465017.jpg

something in this style*japanese option*

hok-bird%20Japanese%20Art.jpg

or kind of in this type of style*last option*

atrualt.jpg

20784.jpg

619391.jpg

i like all of these options alot so i leave it up to you guys to help me make the decision

its going on my neck/throat also. i hope i made the damn poll right

how big are you planing on having this?

and im guessing its going to be in a location that is fairly easy to cover up (for work/proffesional stuff/etc).

as for style, i'd say a lot of it depends on the art that you are planning to use.

wow, that sounded fairly retarded. but what i mean is im guessing you have some idea as to what you want (animal, skull, jesus being raped by satan) and i'd say that would influence the style.

but when in doubt i second the tim wilkins style :hardgay:

edit: now that i think about that sounded really retarded. i don't know what im talking about. just make sure you get a good artist (durrrr)

how big are you planing on having this?

and im guessing its going to be in a location that is fairly easy to cover up (for work/proffesional stuff/etc).

as for style, i'd say a lot of it depends on the art that you are planning to use.

wow, that sounded fairly retarded. but what i mean is im guessing you have some idea as to what you want (animal, skull, jesus being raped by satan) and i'd say that would influence the style.

but when in doubt i second the tim wilkins style :hardgay:

edit: now that i think about that sounded really retarded. i don't know what im talking about. just make sure you get a good artist (durrrr)

as said in my first post its not a very coverable place. I plan on having it completely cover my neck and throat. unless i wear a hueg bandage or a turtleneck. As for art well. i'm not quite sure. i'm giving myself alot of time to decide this. no rushing into something like this for me.

Under it though i'm most likely getting a necklace of runes with the main focuses of that necklace thing being Aegishjalmur, Vegvisir and a Sundisk.

I always think Japanese looks the best as tattoos. Hence why that's what mine is going to be.

Edit- Can I ask what your tattoo is going to be? Because I'm totally against getting tattoos for the sake of getting them. And this thread kind of feels like you're asking what style to get and then you're gonna pick a tattoo off the wall or from a book. And that's not how you should get a tat. :/

Edit- Can I ask what your tattoo is going to be? Because I'm totally against getting tattoos for the sake of getting them. And this thread kind of feels like you're asking what style to get and then you're gonna pick a tattoo off the wall or from a book. And that's not how you should get a tat. :/

I agree. (Granted, mine were inspired by flash and then edited, but you get the point.) If you're asking a lot of outside input on your tattoo, I don't think you're ready to get one. Give yourself some more time to think on it. I'm actually waiting on my next tattoo because while I've decided on what I want, I'm trying to plan everything in advance and making sure it meshes well together.

I agree. (Granted, mine were inspired by flash and then edited, but you get the point.) If you're asking a lot of outside input on your tattoo, I don't think you're ready to get one. Give yourself some more time to think on it. I'm actually waiting on my next tattoo because while I've decided on what I want, I'm trying to plan everything in advance and making sure it meshes well together.

i have an vuage idea of what i want. and as i said earlier *and i quote*

As for art well. i'm not quite sure. i'm giving myself alot of time to decide this. no rushing into something like this for me.

so that point is moot btw

i have an vuage idea of what i want. and as i said earlier *and i quote*

so that point is moot btw

No, because you don't understand what I'm saying.

You don't get input from others on a tattoo. You go with what you truly want. You are getting input, therefore you aren't quite ready. It doesn't matter how long you wait, if you don't know what you want for yourself, you aren't ready. Vague ideas don't mean sh*t.

My advice is not to get it until something compells you to get it.

Of course, input could lead him to find out something he didn't know beforehand.

He made a poll. He wasn't exactly asking for generalized options. What he should probably be asking about more is how to know a more professional place from a crappy back alley one. Or proper aftercare, etc. Or asking about tattoos other people have seen. Asking what he should choose leads a person to believe he's still indifferent, and a tattoo is the last thing you want to be indifferent to. It should be there when you die.

Nevermind the fact that style choice will vary greatly depending on what is actually chosen. Plus some styles look better with color while some look fine with just black. The actual object being tattooed will also be what inspires the style the most.

He made a poll. He wasn't exactly asking for generalized options. What he should probably be asking about more is how to know a more professional place from a crappy back alley one. Or proper aftercare, etc. Or asking about tattoos other people have seen. Asking what he should choose leads a person to believe he's still indifferent, and a tattoo is the last thing you want to be indifferent to. It should be there when you die.

Nevermind the fact that style choice will vary greatly depending on what is actually chosen. Plus some styles look better with color while some look fine with just black. The actual object being tattooed will also be what inspires the style the most.

dayum you always manage to push the wrong buttons on me but w/e

the reason i'm polling it is i would be EXTREMELY HAPPY with any of those ones. And i know more about aftercare than most people. I'm very into Tattoos and piercings and have been since i was 14 so i'm not going into this dumb and blind. Do you actually think i'd be fucking stupid enough to just go"DUURRR LULZ I G0NNA G3TS A TATO LYKE EVURY0NE ELS3!" ?

and with the Vauge idea thing you do realize this event is probably 6 months to a year away right?