Accelerated Evolution

I am such a goddamn loser

Satan

I am a Loser. I have always known this, and usually accepted it. Usually,t hat's who I am and I just accept it. Right nowt though, it really gets on my nerves.

Right now it is 1:42 EST. I am sitting at home, in front of a computer. I spent the day doing such things as cleaning the drains, buying food and actual drain cleaner, cleaning the drain some more, and of coure, my staples of hours spent on the internet and biking.

I am 17

my parents are out of town. They left early yesterday, and won't be back till Wednesday. So far, I have spent the entire time completely sober. The classic thing to do in this situation would be to invite a bunch of friends over, and get solve the problem of sobriety in many various and entertaining ways. I have not done so. My lack of friends could be a reason for this.

Like I said, I'm a loser.

I feel like I should rant more, but that's about all i have to say. I have no friends. I am a loser.

[sarcasm] i'm going to go into a corner and cry about it. Later I'll slit my wrists [/sarcasm]

God, I sound som self pitying and emo.

i didn't do anything when I was 17, ever. high school people tend to be really lame and awkward, especially about drinking but also relationships. None of my highschool friends drink, and they didn't even want to go to rocky horror picture show because MIDNIGHT IS TOO LATE, or something.

The solution to your problem is. COLLEGE!

DO NOT WORRY you will not be a loser for much longer!

Yeah, you don't seem like too much of a loser to me. And yeah, high school sucks. Just hold out for a bit more until you get to college, it's quite literally a thousand times more awesome (and this is coming from someone who actually liked high school, a lot).

Until then, work hard, study hard, keep up relationships with friends but just because socializing isn't your main priority doesn't mean you're a loser. Hell, I get really depressed and feel like a loser when I spend all my time socializing, sometimes I just have to take a break. You know, spend some time biking or even just sitting outside.

Being sober makes you a loser....because drinking automatically makes you cool?

God I hate this culture.

For Once, I agree with what you said here Scott.

But to the main poster, you seem like a pretty cool guy from your posts and everything and it the loser stuff, I wouldn't think so, everyone goes through that staqe and it will eventually get better.

God I hate this culture.

^I agree.

I think you're cool. Maybe you're just surrounded by losers and don't like them?

I find it really hard to be social with people I don't know well. Usually I wait for them to approach me. Maybe it's just a slow summer for you? I've had those.

God I hate this culture.

I know, but the problem isn't that I'm usually sober (which is good) but that i'm essentially incapable of changing it when the opportunity drops into my lap.

i didn't do anything when I was 17, ever. high school people tend to be really lame and awkward, especially about drinking but also relationships. None of my highschool friends drink, and they didn't even want to go to rocky horror picture show because MIDNIGHT IS TOO LATE, or something.

The solution to your problem is. COLLEGE!

DO NOT WORRY you will not be a loser for much longer!

Amy, you are truly amazing. Even though this isn't entirely the same situation I'm talking about, you still manage to make me feel better.

it's ok i think a lot of a-e is or was at one time in your situation.

That's why I'm posting this here.

Sounds a lot like me too not too long ago. It's no big deal, and you're not a loser.

Well, I disagree with you on that last part. By the normal definition, I am a loser. I'd say my social life is pathetic, if that didn't imply that I have a social life.

I find it really hard to be social with people I don't know well

yeah, this is me.

I am a Loser. I have always known this, and usually accepted it. Usually,t hat's who I am and I just accept it. Right nowt though, it really gets on my nerves.

Right now it is 1:42 EST. I am sitting at home, in front of a computer. I spent the day doing such things as cleaning the drains, buying food and actual drain cleaner, cleaning the drain some more, and of coure, my staples of hours spent on the internet and biking.

I am 17

my parents are out of town. They left early yesterday, and won't be back till Wednesday. So far, I have spent the entire time completely sober. The classic thing to do in this situation would be to invite a bunch of friends over, and get solve the problem of sobriety in many various and entertaining ways. I have not done so. My lack of friends could be a reason for this.

I feel like I should rant more, but that's about all i have to say. I have no friends. I am a loser.

[sarcasm] i'm going to go into a corner and cry about it. Later I'll slit my wrists [/sarcasm]

Dude, seriously, it's not that bad.

You don't have to go crazy to feel like you're not a loser or anything. I mean, who are you living for? If you're living for other people then, ok, drink and fuck and be merry so you can say you did. But if you're living for you, then why do you give a shit what anyone thinks? I'm 17 too and we differ and we don't. I had tons of friends from school and I was fairly popular for whatever reason. Now that my school closed, my friends are a short list, but at least I know that every last one of them is true. Sobriety isn't a "problem" and I hate that our society has glorified and idolized stupid shit. You don't have to get fucked up to have a good time. It helps, it helps a good deal, but it's not essential. Because if you need substance to have fun with your friends or whatever, then that tells me none of you have actual personalities that can entertain one another just by being normal or whatever. I mean, my friends are fairly crazy. They love to party and shit, but I really don't anymore. I sued to love it and now it's just not something I do these days. And if the only bond I have with my friends is that we all like to drink and be stupid, then in what sense do I have friends? So you know. Fuck misconceptions and stupid notions about "cool" and whatever the fuck else. It's all bullshit anyway. I have my slow days too where I just literally don't do shit and that's fine. Just find something you enjoy doing that isn't hard and if you don't have friends, just go to events and be social. I don't know. I used to be there, so these are all just my impressions.

God I hate this culture.

agreed Scott.

I feel for ya man. I do that too. Although my parents don't trust me enough to go anywhere overnight and leave me alone in the house. v_v idk why. I don't drink do drugs or anything. I don't feel the need to.

Bah, I bet if you leave the house and talk to actual people in real life you'll make a bunch-o-friends.

agreed Scott.

I feel for ya man. I do that too. Although my parents don't trust me enough to go anywhere overnight and leave me alone in the house. v_v idk why. I don't drink do drugs or anything. I don't feel the need to.

Bah, I bet if you leave the house and talk to actual people in real life you'll make a bunch-o-friends.

LOSER!!!!!11!!!11!!!!!!one

:hardgay::hardgay: :hardgay:

You answered your own question. It's not that they think you're untrustworthy. They're overprotective. Have a talk with them and everything will go in your benefit.

I am 17

So, somehow staying sober, alert, and in control of your senses and not acting like an idiot makes you a loser...?

Buying into society's worthless perception of what a 17 year old should or shouldn't do is what makes you a loser. Start thinking for yourself.

So, somehow staying sober, alert, and in control of your senses and not acting like an idiot makes you a loser...?

Buying into society's worthless perception of what a 17 year old should or shouldn't do is what makes you a loser. Start thinking for yourself.

this

It's not about being drunk, guys, it's about socializing. He's complaining because he doesn't have anyone to hang out with (I believe). Getting drunk alone is depressing, in groups it's a way to have fun. Just my 2¢. (and what I gleaned from his post).

I was feeling like that earlier this summer. My advice -- set up a party or something. Just invite everyone you know, some people are bound to show up. You don't have to have any drugs or anything. If you get it with cool people, just go with it. This is kinda what I did when Foldered was visiting and I think he will attest that it was an awesome party that lasted until dawn, with no drugs or anything.

man, at least you got a bike... I have 3 diamondbacks with stripped crank arms.

:sad: :sad: :sad:

there's a lesson in here: don't buy diamondbacks. You could also just buy replacement cranks. I remember mine was like $10, but that was a kind of back country bikeshop. And if it keeps happening, either the bike is fucked up, or its not put together correctly. Overtightening or undertightening it will cause problems.

given the circumstances, yes. as I said, usually I have no problem with my being a loser, but it is the correct term for one such as myself who has no social life, let alone a normal one (which would have involved the various creative ways of solving sobriety)

see, like I said, I'm normally fine with being a loser. usually I just take the attitude that its who I am and as long as I'm reasonably happy, who gives a shit. This is here, rather than life discussion, because I felt the need to rant more than to get advice. I knew that by now I'd be perfectly fine. This isn't to say that's life's perfect, but rather that I've reminded myself why I'm the loser I am.

It's not about being drunk, guys, it's about socializing. He's complaining because he doesn't have anyone to hang out with (I believe). Getting drunk alone is depressing, in groups it's a way to have fun. Just my 2¢. (and what I gleaned from his post).

I was feeling like that earlier this summer. My advice -- set up a party or something. Just invite everyone you know, some people are bound to show up. You don't have to have any drugs or anything. If you get it with cool people, just go with it. This is kinda what I did when Foldered was visiting and I think he will attest that it was an awesome party that lasted until dawn, with no drugs or anything.

yeah. the getting drunk thing is just what's expected of me, what a large number of people would be doing, and actually even what most of the other nerds I know would have done.

Of course, it is completely my fault. For the most part, I knew what I was doing last year when i killed what little life I had.

God damn, I'm coming to a rant, aren't I.

Well, if you're happy with it, then it's positively :awesome:

But seriously, I don't know why you guys are going off so much against alcohol when I'm sure most people in this thread spend waaay more time playing video games than most people spend drinking/drunk.

????

oh yeah because Videogames make me incoherent and cause car accidents and family breakups.

????

oh yeah because Videogames make me incoherent and cause car accidents and family breakups.

I'm not saying it's as bad, I'm saying it's ridiculous to say "Everyone who drinks is wasting their lives!"... And just a little bit hypocritical when so many people spend so much of their time playing video games.

Besides; there's a hell of a difference between someone who drinks for fun and someone who's addicted to alcohol.