Accelerated Evolution

Japan plans foreign fingerprinting

Japan passes measure to fingerprint foreigners

CBC News

Japan's cabinet has given final approval to a plan to fingerprint and photograph all adult foreigners entering the country, six years after the country dropped a similar requirement because of privacy concerns.

Cabinet made the decision Wednesday, a day after its parliament's Upper House approved a bill toughening security measures.

Japan's lower house approved the bill in March. Now that it's been approved by cabinet, its measures are expected to take effect in November 2007.

After that date, in order to enter the country, those born outside Japan and aged 16 or older will have to agree to be photographed and have electronic images of their fingerprints taken.

The images will be checked against those in international crime and terrorism databases, as well as domestic crime records, and then stored for an unspecified time.

according to asahi.com " the Ministry of Justice is now planning on holding onto these fingerprints for 70~80 years. They also plan to make a database of these prints to assist in criminal investigations."

Well yes, but do they do that to all non-Americans entering the country?

To enter the country legally you need citizenship from where you are from and a valid passport to obviously enter the country.

National security has become international security in the past few years.

I remember one day in kindergarten, we made gingerbread men, got to decorate them anyway we wanted. I used a bunch of those crunchy cinnamon drop things that burned your mouth and stuck in your teeth. So we left them on big cookie sheets to and gave them to the Cafeteria ladies to cook for us to eat when we came to school the next day. Next day came and teachers all told us that when they went to get our gingerbread men they were gone, they up and ran away. So, in a mix of despair and excitement, the search was on to find the run away gingerbread men. Eventually the trail of clues lead to a unused room in the back of school next to the art room, kind of room only used by the special ed kids; bright decorations everywhere and posters of encouragement like the immortal 'hang in there' kitten, and one giant ball in the corner. In the room was a police man, dressed in full patroller regalia: hat, gun belt, prefectly creased forest green pants with a gold trim, the usual Vermont State Police uniform. He stood in front of a table with all the cookies laid out behind him and triumphantly boasted that he caught all of them. The rest of the time there he showed us all the cool police shit he had, cuffs, gun, the usual make-6-year-olds-stare-in-awe shit. Even let us turn the siren on in his car.

Grand finale was that everyone got fingerprinted. Still remember the sticky ink all over my hands.

I never gave this a thought until a few years ago. Sneaky bastards.

Moral of the story: Fight the man, drop out of pre-school before they get you

I remember one day in kindergarten, we made gingerbread men, got to decorate them anyway we wanted. I used a bunch of those crunchy cinnamon drop things that burned your mouth and stuck in your teeth. So we left them on big cookie sheets to and gave them to the Cafeteria ladies to cook for us to eat when we came to school the next day. Next day came and teachers all told us that when they went to get our gingerbread men they were gone, they up and ran away. So, in a mix of despair and excitement, the search was on to find the run away gingerbread men. Eventually the trail of clues lead to a unused room in the back of school next to the art room, kind of room only used by the special ed kids; bright decorations everywhere and posters of encouragement like the immortal 'hang in there' kitten, and one giant ball in the corner. In the room was a police man, dressed in full patroller regalia: hat, gun belt, prefectly creased forest green pants with a gold trim, the usual Vermont State Police uniform. He stood in front of a table with all the cookies laid out behind him and triumphantly boasted that he caught all of them. The rest of the time there he showed us all the cool police shit he had, cuffs, gun, the usual make-6-year-olds-stare-in-awe shit. Even let us turn the siren on in his car.

Grand finale was that everyone got fingerprinted. Still remember the sticky ink all over my hands.

:hail:

I wish my kindergarten had been that awesome.

Damn bastards got ya.

in my school, they split the kindergarten up into 2 classrooms, smart class and dumb class (all the ones in the dumb class went to pre-first grade, dont know if you people have those pre-first grades but think of them as Velcro sneakers or Pull-ups: almost the real thing, but not quite ready for it). each class was further split up where each group of kids was only there for half the day. All that god damn coloring wears a kid out. Anyway I was in the smart class (if you can call a kindergarten class a smart class) and we had a giant box filled with dry rice, how this made an adequate replacement for sand I dont know. But even now, whenever I see a bag of rice, I have to bury my hands in it; I love that chalky/dusty-esque film it leaves behind. But one of the few distinguishable features between the smart and dumb class was that the smart side was allowed to build shit with wood. And I'm not talking this prefabricated bullshit playskool or someone makes, I'm talking real hammers and real nails and real wood, serious, hardcore shit. How or why they let us use that shit I don't know, but no one ever hurt themselves or the classroom its self.

The dumb class just had giant blocks made of cardboard to play with.

Apologies for the tangent.

in my school, they split the kindergarten up into 2 classrooms, smart class and dumb class (all the ones in the dumb class went to pre-first grade, dont know if you people have those pre-first grades but think of them as Velcro sneakers or Pull-ups: almost the real thing, but not quite ready for it). each class was further split up where each group of kids was only there for half the day. All that god damn coloring wears a kid out. Anyway I was in the smart class (if you can call a kindergarten class a smart class) and we had a giant box filled with dry rice, how this made an adequate replacement for sand I dont know. But even now, whenever I see a bag of rice, I have to bury my hands in it; I love that chalky/dusty-esque film it leaves behind. But one of the few distinguishable features between the smart and dumb class was that the smart side was allowed to build shit with wood. And I'm not talking this prefabricated bullshit playskool or someone makes, I'm talking real hammers and real nails and real wood, serious, hardcore shit. How or why they let us use that shit I don't know, but no one ever hurt themselves or the classroom its self.

The dumb class just had giant blocks made of cardboard to play with.

Apologies for the tangent.

Number one your school was fucked up for pulling kids apart that early. Number two your teachers should have been in the retard class because they let you handle nails and hammers.

Number 3, VELCRO ROCKS!! lulz