Accelerated Evolution

Microsoft readies hard drive only Xbox 360 games

punroc1

So this is very interesting apparently microsoft in a what i think is a dumb move and im a 360 fan and owner my self is supposedly going to come out with games for the 360 that can only be played if you have a hard drive for your 360.

http://www.computerworld.com/action/articl...p;intsrc=kc_top

Tell me what you think of this as whole towards how it would affect the life of the 360.

Id love to here your input.

Who thought buying the basic one was a good idea anyway? It was obvious from the beginning that some games would require a hard drive.

Yes very good point but there are those people who are uber ceap and want a 360 but there too fucking cheap to pay for the premium or elite.

And by the cheap people i mean the parents that like to spoil there kids but are poor are just cheap when it comes to spoiling them.

And your point???????

Console gaming just keeps getting more and more like PC gaming. But keeps being a hassle. To the point where, even though I started out as a console gamer, I don't think it's weird that most of my friends only play computer games.

Note: I don't really think this applies to the Wii, or online services like all that stat tracking on Xbox live.

I guess, it just seems super ridiculous.

No, super-ridiculous is having two skus with the only difference being 20 gigs of HD space and shitty emulation.

The core is aimed to try to take out the wii. And really the only thing you need an HD for at all is MMOs. You will in a week or so be fully able to play Bioshock on a 279 dollar console and have the full experience. Not to mention eventually Halo 3, Mass Effect and more with no visibile downside other than you don't have as much space for downloadable games movies or background wallpapers... So it's not really that big of a deal if you don't have one. You certainly don't get screwed unless you're desparate to play FFXI on an xbox or Age of Conan.

And if you are, well that's kinda sad.

no visibile downside other than you don't have as much space for downloadable games movies or background wallpapers...

Don't forget about patches, expansions, and backward compatibility. All of those things require the HDD, too. Unless you already own a regular xbox, and don't care about the Crackdown expansions or any other nice little things they add for free, there's no real point to getting the "core" pack.

Yes very good point but there are those people who are uber ceap and want a 360 but there too fucking cheap to pay for the premium or elite.

And by the cheap people i mean the parents that like to spoil there kids but are poor are just cheap when it comes to spoiling them.

After buying a memory card, the Core actually isn't all that much cheaper.

The core is aimed to try to take out the wii.

Poorly aimed.

*deep breath*

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

Lawl(z)

ur gh3y