Accelerated Evolution

Bioshock

Wind

I dunno'. Gameplay didn't really click with me during the demo. I loved the atmosphere, art, and well... everything else. It's worth playing for those alone, but the gameplay never really got to me. I plan to borrow it off my friend once he's gone through a few times.

Wasn't able to rent it today but played and loved the hell out of the demo. Fuck 2K for using SecuROM, though. That's just a knife in the back to everyone who actually paid for the PC version.

And thank you Internet (and Toys 'R' Us, too) for help spoiling the ending a whole week in advance! :snakes:

You kill Atlus and become a Big Daddy, apparently

I dunno'. Gameplay didn't really click with me during the demo. I loved the atmosphere, art, and well... everything else. It's worth playing for those alone, but the gameplay never really got to me. I plan to borrow it off my friend once he's gone through a few times.

A lot of reviews have said how mediocre the gameplay is, but everything else makes up for it.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/...hock?q=bioshock

Perfect scores across the board.

I can't run the game, I meet every single minimum system requirement except Shader Model 3.0. :(

Considering I'm a little short for a new computer right now, I seriously considered going out and buying a 360 for $300 then buying a new box around Christmas.

dont lol

just put that 300 towards making that box nastier in a few months.

This kind of worries me

BioShock PC - You Only Install Twice (Updated)

As if 2K wasn't taking enough flak from yesterday's widescreen debacle, now gamers who have spent their hard-earned cash on the PC version of BioShock are finding that they can only install the game twice, ever. The game uses SecuROM copy protection, which verifies the install of the game remotely, disabling further installs once the game has been installed twice. This means if you are the type of person like me who formats your computer frequently to to get rid of generic crap buildup, you are screwed. If you frequently shift around games to free up space, you are screwed. If you are a pirate...well, you'll probably come up with a work around, so at least the criminals are safe, right? Be gentle with the link below. Seems 2K's forums are getting slammed for some odd reason.

UPDATE - Elizabeth from 2K has repsonded on the forums, clarifying the copy protection issue. The key lies in uninstalling before you reinstall. Uninstalling registers the same as installing does, so if you do not perform an uninstall first SecuROM thinks you are just installing the game on different systems over and over again. Hit the jump for the full text of Elizabeth's message, and thanks for everyone who followed up on the issue.

The Steam version features the same SecuROM protection as the Retail bought in stores. You need to "Delete Local Content" in Steam (aka delete it from Steam) if you want to play the game on more than 2 machines via Steam (the uninstall prior to reformat rule probably applies also).

The Steam version features the same SecuROM protection as the Retail bought in stores. You need to "Delete Local Content" in Steam (aka delete it from Steam) if you want to play the game on more than 2 machines via Steam (the uninstall prior to reformat rule probably applies also).

Well I had no idea the steam version also used the secuROM technology.