Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
TeleportSandwich

The WoW advice thread

ITT, we ask and give advice on how to do various things in WoW

To start off, what are some good ways to make goldz in a relatively short amount of time? I just got my Shammy to level 40 so I need to make about 60 more gold in order to learn how to mount, so I need some tips on how to make that much money as quick as possible (aside from paying some chinese farmer or a random website real money to do it for me).

herbalism and mining=cash.

other then that whore out lowibe instances for rare blues to sell on AH

Learn the AH. The best money I've ever made was by reselling runecloth. Buy it at 1g, resell for 3g. Did it enough times to get an epic mount. Just don't put up more than 5 at a time.

Uhhh......PvP is a combination of player class + honor trinket memorization and being stacked in +stam gear. Playing a Druid, like I do, is quite possibly the best way to stack honor early on because once you can sit at lv. 39 and be in first place all the time by placing talent in Feral and a small amount in Resto to give you stat boosts. Bind your Pounce and Shadowmeld keys to Q and E and you are pretty much set to crit anyone that approaches the flag in AB.

Buying/ farming/looting .05 and tier 1 gear is pointless anymore, avoid it since lv. 61 greens have the same stat boosts as some epic sets.

Buying flying mounts are for those who want to build rep, mainly. So far with mine, it's just for those who want to rank up Aldor/Scryer rep to get rep reward class sets in exchange for countless quests (which can only be done a maximum of 10 times a day, currently). It may save time travelling in some cases, but it can be very slow to travel across the map in comparison to just riding the griffon there or travelling on an epic mount. The beginner flying mount moves at 60% base speed without buffs on and off land, I see many, many a character switching to their Swift mount to move about maps; unless you have 3000+ gold to get the epic flying early on, make sure you start saving early so you can grind rep fast at 70.

Installing Atlas and you can check up on standard/heroic drops, which sorts them by trash mob to boss, which makes either farming for non-class drops for AH easy, and getting your class set done quickly. When a big drop comes up and no one needs it, and you win the greed roll, check up with guild leaders so you can have a quick buyer to get a shit load of gold in the process. Doing business nicely in WoW works just like in real life, steady customers are your best resounrce of gold.

I don't play WoW that much anymore, it took me 9 months to hit 70, but this is what I know and this is what has worked for me.

Mining. My hunter alt that I use just for cash makes roughly 12g an hour on a good day. List stacks of bar BELOW everyone else. And never list more then a half dozen at once.

Oh, and loot EVERYTHING. Trash builds up in value relatively quickly.

Also, have a 60-70 guildy run you through RFD. If you loot everything, you're bound to come up with some decent AH stuff, not to mention a shit ton of money.

...Should I be puting a starting bid with my items that I put up for auction?

Probably. I *think* I was listing stacks of copper bars at 55s buyout and 50s bid. I only ever had one person win a bid.

Mining. My hunter alt that I use just for cash makes roughly 12g an hour on a good day. List stacks of bar BELOW everyone else. And never list more then a half dozen at once.

Oh, and loot EVERYTHING. Trash builds up in value relatively quickly.

Also, have a 60-70 guildy run you through RFD. If you loot everything, you're bound to come up with some decent AH stuff, not to mention a shit ton of money.

i can make 12g in about 10 minutes

i can make 12g in about 10 minutes

I know. Outlands is amazing, right? My hunter is making about 12g an hour at lvl 18.

How are you geting into Outlands with a lvl 18 character?

I meant that it's great that he can make 12g in ten minutes, but (Unless I'm missing something) he needs to be in outlands to get that much so quickly. My Hunter is just mining. And skinning... but that really didn't prove massively profitable.

Anyway: Seriously, get a guildy to run you through RFD. Normally they'll just let you take everything that drops. So clear out your bags. Wehn Galkar ran me through, between trash, AH, and money drops I probably made 6g. And I gained a half level at 39.

How to get gold? Level, don't be one of those people that attempts to farm before hitting level 60-70. Because none of the stuff you will sell will be worth jack squat. I got around 3,000 gold or more just from 60-70. And lots before that from just questing and instances. So, just keep leveling and the gold will come.

But if you are really desperate at those levels besides whoring your job all day like herbalism or something else try to get lucky with a good blue BOE.

This is more tech problem then me being in need of advice but why the hell does the Armory's "find an upgrade" feature work on any of my characters? I occasionally gives me a few options but for the most part finds nothing in the way of armor recommendations. Is anyone else having the same problem?

This is a copy pasta of a thread I made in another forum:

Hugehands lvl 42 Orc Shaman

I alternate between stave's, 2h axes and 1h axes with a shield. I usually look for gear that has at least some INT buffs and don't use totems as often as other shamans I've seen on my server. I tend to get my ass handed to me more often then not when doing battle grounds or regular pvp (especially against locks or any other classes that can inflict status alignments), so I was wondering if any of you could give me some advice on playing style, whether or not I'm using using my talent tree adequately, or any other things that I should be doing given everything I've shown here. I've also just started using stoneclaw but have found it pretty useless outside of non-instance pve, so I was wondering if I could get a few pointers on how to use that particular totem as well

fuck int buffs, basically consider yourself a warrior in mail, and for the LOVE OF WOW get dual wielding

outside of soloing stoneclaw is worthless except for stunning the occasional idiot rogue, as for other totems if your soloing they're not much use except the occasional stoneclaw or grounding totem, while grouping you should be using strength of earth, grace of air or windfury totem, and mana spring totem

why do you have points in ele or resto, get them the hell outta there, only after you've gotten at least 41 points into enhancement should you branch out to another tree, and 9/10 times that tree will be resto for improved totem range, and the free 3% hit

sheild spec, imp. lightning shield, and guardian totems are all suck

by your level your spec should look like this http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=hZxVbdVzsVdo

shield spec, toughness, and to a lesser extent avoidence are all worthless, don't take them

Edit: go get these

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=10330

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=7718

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=7719

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.x...st&n=Lethas

my armory if you have any additional questions

Just turned 35 shammy tonight and Im pretty much going elemental shammy for grinding. no complaints whatsoever, never use totrems much unless im going for 2-3mobs at once, even was able to take on 5 in one of those o shit moments.

Maybe its because I already leveled a war and I dont want to again but im going elemental for leveling, chain lightning is just too much fun. Besides, whenever I see an enhancement shammy in Av's, I laugh a little, I jsut wanna do that tassle the hair thing dads do to their kids, because its so cute how youre trying to be wars.

O shit, I hope I haven't instigated something...

Here is what I have Otherwise just look for ashmark on aggramar.

QUICK EDIT: Crusader @ 70?

So an enchancement Sham is basically a warrior? Wierd, since I've probably been playing mine like an elemental speced char. I suppos I could respec and go for an elemental/resto hybrid, but I really don't want to lose some of the abilities of an enchancement spec sham (like 1h axe wielding). What do I do?

edit:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classe...001000000000000

This is how I plan on respecing. Is it better or worse then what I currently have?

So an enchancement Sham is basically a warrior? Wierd, since I've probably been playing mine like an elemental speced char. I suppos I could respec and go for an elemental/resto hybrid, but I really don't want to lose some of the abilities of an enchancement spec sham (like 1h axe wielding). What do I do?

edit:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classe...001000000000000

This is how I plan on respecing. Is it better or worse then what I currently have?

Absolutly terrible, just pick one, healing, melee dps, or ranged dps

Just turned 35 shammy tonight and Im pretty much going elemental shammy for grinding. no complaints whatsoever, never use totrems much unless im going for 2-3mobs at once, even was able to take on 5 in one of those o shit moments.

Maybe its because I already leveled a war and I dont want to again but im going elemental for leveling, chain lightning is just too much fun. Besides, whenever I see an enhancement shammy in Av's, I laugh a little, I jsut wanna do that tassle the hair thing dads do to their kids, because its so cute how youre trying to be wars.

O shit, I hope I haven't instigated something...

Here is what I have Otherwise just look for ashmark on aggramar.

QUICK EDIT: Crusader @ 70?

i like my crusader so gtfo, also get rid of your enhancement talents and stick them in ele

Also, i didn't spec enhancement to pvp

Eh, I like having more mp and an added buff for stoneskin for those oshit moments.

I've had friends who swore by enhancement for grinding but then went elemental, also had elementals who switched to enhancement. Just to me, elemental is better for grinding, maybe that will change later but chain lightning is too much god damn fun.

To each his own in the end.

Just sit back and think: do I want to be a melee shaman or do I want to be a casting shammy?

Just try to focus on one spec, only using the others to compliment it, don't try to be everything at once, hybrid specs really aren't effective at anything in the end. Just spend some time doing either, see what works for you.

As for pvping against locks, only real way to beat a lock is to get in their face and pound em before the dots kill you. Thats rather hard for shammys since you can't stop instant cast spells and grounding totem only does so much, every job has their pros and cons.

The only reason I put anything into enchancement when I respeced was so that I could still use two handed axes. I'll be puting the rest of my point into elementa, unless I decid to respec yet again.

It's not worth it. You've gimped your progression to use weapons you really don't need. By the looks of it you want your final build to be mostly Elemental and some Resto anyway, right?

Eh, I like having more mp and an added buff for stoneskin for those oshit moments.

I've had friends who swore by enhancement for grinding but then went elemental, also had elementals who switched to enhancement. Just to me, elemental is better for grinding, maybe that will change later but chain lightning is too much god damn fun.

To each his own in the end.

Just sit back and think: do I want to be a melee shaman or do I want to be a casting shammy?

Just try to focus on one spec, only using the others to compliment it, don't try to be everything at once, hybrid specs really aren't effective at anything in the end. Just spend some time doing either, see what works for you.

As for pvping against locks, only real way to beat a lock is to get in their face and pound em before the dots kill you. Thats rather hard for shammys since you can't stop instant cast spells and grounding totem only does so much, every job has their pros and cons.

by putting your points into enhancement early (which i wouldn't advise at all considering that if you do you can't get the 5% crit bonus in resto or nature's swiftness) your really just gimping your damage in the long run by not getting the improved crit damage, increased range, or spell cast time reduction

as for which is better grinding, ele isn't quite as good imo because of its lack of resistence against cast time pushback when being hit, that being said it is an awesome pvp spec

as for locks i usually manage to bring them down then die a slow painful death from their 20 dots

It's not worth it. You've gimped your progression to use weapons you really don't need. By the looks of it you want your final build to be mostly Elemental and some Resto anyway, right?

this

/artie

Yes. If it wasn't for the 2h axe/mace talent, I would have more points in elemental and maybe a few more in resto. I can't bare to part with my Ravanger though, its such a badass axe