Accelerated Evolution

weight loss help!

Pamuya

*mods feel free to move this to life discussion, i didn't know where i should put it*

Okay. So I have been losing weight, and almost a whopping 10 pant sizes. Yes, that much. But little weight. All the weight I really have, is in my midsection. I hate to say it, but in combination with my scoliosis and the truncal fat that runs in my family, I'm afraid that I'm gonna freakin get to a size 0 before it gets to a good size (I'm a 7-9 now).

Now I wouldn't call myself fat, far from it. It's just that it's very hard to find tops/shirts to fit when the rest of my body is regular. I'm 5'5" (167cm) and weighed 156lbs (70kg) last I checked. I used to weigh about 153lbs (69kg).

This is where my neuromuscular stuff comes in. If I could burn off calories easier, I wouldn't have a lot of problems with this. Simple things like going out to eat and then to the grocery store BURN ME OUT.

What do you guys do to work out? I know a lot of the girls here probably do stuff I could handle, but I really have problems doing even the most remotely easy stuff...

I'm going to start a low fat diet (as that looks like the best thing for me with what I like to eat) ASAP, like whenever I get to the store for food.

Sankyuu my lovelies

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went from 175 lbs too 164 in less then a month and am still dropping weight. 5 small meals a day spread out at 3 hr intervals. Add an 8 ounce serving of vegetables at least two of your daily meals.

I also pretty much cut out every snack, and instead ate things like bananas and pears.

For breakfast I usually eat oatmeal with flax seed.

Also if you want to get rid of belly fat pure diet won't do it all. You will need to do some cardio and core strength like ab workouts a lot.

The thing that is making me lose weight is Fiber=good!!! lol

And the way I exercise is I do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and am starting MMA training. But since obviously I don't think you can do this with spine problems or would even want too my best advice would be to find something you like. If you don't like running a lot don't do it. But you will have to find something you do like.

i know it seem stupid and that it was just a diet "fad" but the NO carb thing really works. (note i said no carbohydrates, not low carbohydrates) the summer before 8th grade i had to lose about 45 pounds to play football (the pre-high school league had a weight limit of 190) in about a month i did it by doing a shit load of exercising and eating nothing but meat

it isnt really healthy or maintainable in the long run but you will lose weight

Yeah, the problem with no carbs is that as soon as you go off the diet the weight comes back unless you switch to another plan like low calorie/aerobics. And it probably isn't super healthy to drop that much weight either. Supposedly, as the article I linked to said, if you lose more than 1-2 pounds a week you're losing more muscle than fat.

Carbs are insanely important to maintaining a healthy and physically active body (for lifting, cardio, and carbs are most important for BODY RECOVERY - this meaning after working out, lifting.. or running your body as you sleep recovers to burn fat and re-enforce the muscles damaged during the excersize. They are pumped filled with the protein you ate during the day, but you need the carbs to make the synergy work and allow them to fully repair and develop.)

Protein is always #1 for excersize / weight loss AND weight gain / muscle gain - but with a good amount of carbs (the amount depends on how active you are. I'm on a bulk now so I eat like... 450g carbs, 250g protein, rest from fats.)

Fats are amazing aswell, especially ALL NATURAL peanut butter, fills you up, great amount of protein and good lean fats.

For a supplement I suggest getting the blend of Fish/Flax oil gel-caps. Liquid is much better but nasty, so just down an extra gel cap per time you take it. This is filled with healthy omega 3 fatty acids that will rip away fat and make your stronger, more energenic and healthy.

I agree with Rocksteady. It's not just fat that makes you gain weight, it's a lot of sugar too. Taking in fat is a lot better than taking in tons of sugars. Counting calories is also super important, just make sure you count right.And don't forget to log your foods and activities, because it helps a lot. I've lost weight quickly because I counted and logged everything.

http://www.calorie-count.com is a good site for that.

Or you could wait till you get sick! I was 172 at the beginning of sophomore year and looking like complete shit - and now I'm 145. That's from a facial paralysis and a combo of a serious stomach virus and the flu. BUT, haha, dieting would probably be the best idea. :laugh:

Or you could wait till you get sick! I was 172 at the beginning of sophomore year and looking like complete shit - and now I'm 145. That's from a facial paralysis and a combo of a serious stomach virus and the flu. BUT, haha, dieting would probably be the best idea. :laugh:

So true, when I got lyme disease I lost 5 lbs one night from sweat and then like 4 lbs the next day. Then my antibiotics kicked in, boo!

ok the thing i've written down after thinking hard after i posted this is what i can do from home:

* walking up and down the stairs for cardio (my legs are what really give me a lot of trouble or i would do a treadmill at the Y)

* yoga (simple stretches, etc)

* sit ups

* marching in place

* use this really cheesy ab thing my gramma gave me

foods:

* cottage cheese (i love this stuff, even if a lot of people think it's gross XD)

* chicken (if not smothered in sauces) and fish, lean beef

* soy products (including protein bars)

* special k snack bars

* fruit and some veggies

* saaaaaaaaaalaaaad

* water, tea, soy milk (lactose intolerant)

poophy: i have seen my dad do the no carb thing and it really scared me. given, he lost weight, but he was burned out; but pretty much got to eat every meat in existence. i like my smashed and sweet potatoes plskthx. carbs are OK unless they're like, candy. that's why i don't eat candy unless it's halloween.

dreamer: swimming is the best exercise for me, as it makes ya feel weightless. i just got a thing from the Y about swimming classes for weight and stuff. i'm going to look into it, but of course not being able to drive is a factor. otherwise i think i would be a lot better off exercise wise.

burb: walking in the grocery store and shopping burns me out. my legs ache, and with all the pain meds i've taken over the years for all sorts of stuff, i've become immune almost. let me give you a picture of a day in the life of buki when she goes out.

shopping at a reasonably large grocery store and at a strip mall. i'm fine that day. but the next day i sleep well over 12 hours. again this is partially because i have sleep apnea and never really get a good night's sleep.

wind: i can't do things that are heavy like that (though it would be nice if i could). lifting a six pack of water is hard and strains my muscles, although i can do it. not an ideal thing to pick up but it's the only thing i really do pick up that has some weight because of shopping. i do get omega-3 as i eat a lot of soy and fish, but the caplets are really too expensive for me and i've tried them before and had some really weird reaction when uh...masturbating.

gummy: i also am going to try the more meals in smaller portions thing. ESPECIALLY because of my medicine, i'm hungry a lot. i think that hurts me a lot.

john: thx for the read, i've bookmarked it

i try to get a lot of protein. i love those gen soy power bars. they're yummy, if expensive. i also forgot to mention i've cut out pop almost all together, i only get it if i am extremely tired at a restaurant since it's watered down there.

I have a large midsection too =X

do you have trouble with bicycling? it's the only exercise i really enjoy because you get to see the beautiful outdoorses, and you get a lot of coasting breaks, so it's not too hard. I also tried elliptical trainer and it was good fun, that might be easier on the body

ok the thing i've written down after thinking hard after i posted this is what i can do from home:

* walking up and down the stairs for cardio (my legs are what really give me a lot of trouble or i would do a treadmill at the Y)

* yoga (simple stretches, etc)

* sit ups

* marching in place

* use this really cheesy ab thing my gramma gave me

foods:

* cottage cheese (i love this stuff, even if a lot of people think it's gross XD)

* chicken (if not smothered in sauces) and fish, lean beef

* soy products (including protein bars)

* special k snack bars

* fruit and some veggies

* saaaaaaaaaalaaaad

* water, tea, soy milk (lactose intolerant)

poophy: i have seen my dad do the no carb thing and it really scared me. given, he lost weight, but he was burned out; but pretty much got to eat every meat in existence. i like my smashed and sweet potatoes plskthx. carbs are OK unless they're like, candy. that's why i don't eat candy unless it's halloween.

dreamer: swimming is the best exercise for me, as it makes ya feel weightless. i just got a thing from the Y about swimming classes for weight and stuff. i'm going to look into it, but of course not being able to drive is a factor. otherwise i think i would be a lot better off exercise wise.

burb: walking in the grocery store and shopping burns me out. my legs ache, and with all the pain meds i've taken over the years for all sorts of stuff, i've become immune almost. let me give you a picture of a day in the life of buki when she goes out.

shopping at a reasonably large grocery store and at a strip mall. i'm fine that day. but the next day i sleep well over 12 hours. again this is partially because i have sleep apnea and never really get a good night's sleep.

wind: i can't do things that are heavy like that (though it would be nice if i could). lifting a six pack of water is hard and strains my muscles, although i can do it. not an ideal thing to pick up but it's the only thing i really do pick up that has some weight because of shopping. i do get omega-3 as i eat a lot of soy and fish, but the caplets are really too expensive for me and i've tried them before and had some really weird reaction when uh...masturbating.

gummy: i also am going to try the more meals in smaller portions thing. ESPECIALLY because of my medicine, i'm hungry a lot. i think that hurts me a lot.

john: thx for the read, i've bookmarked it

i try to get a lot of protein. i love those gen soy power bars. they're yummy, if expensive. i also forgot to mention i've cut out pop almost all together, i only get it if i am extremely tired at a restaurant since it's watered down there.

I was actually sent the more meals a day thing by a MMA fighter/ trainer/coach/ nutritionist. IT is meant to boost your metabolism a lot and it does. For instance I cheated one day for the first time in 3 weeks last week and ate pizza. I lost 3 lbs that day from doing nothing. It puts your metabolism into warp speed.

I have a large midsection too =X

do you have trouble with bicycling? it's the only exercise i really enjoy because you get to see the beautiful outdoorses, and you get a lot of coasting breaks, so it's not too hard. I also tried elliptical trainer and it was good fun, that might be easier on the body

i do not have trouble doing a stationary bike.

i used to love going biking, but now i am very scared, because if i fall off that bike, i am going to get really hurt. i bruise like crazy, and those injuries just make me feel horrible. i fell down the stairs two weeks ago and still have a bruise from it.

i wish i could go biking with my dad, 'cause he does that on the blvd where he works, but it's just so hectic there.

Dear John.

This is true for someone with a fair amount of muscle %, but someone without much muscle who just gained fat all theyre life can use this method. It will shock the body a bit and a chance of going into starvation mode, but aslong as once you start eating normal you continue to excersize and move it into a slow + steady process you'll gain muscle back fast, esp if you start lifting... because muscle cells remember.

Why does teh Kquing need to lose wait?

because i have truncal obesity + scoliosis so, it looks really akward. you know those old ladies that have pouches but they're not pregnant? that's me.

i'm fine with the rest of my body though. :/ i have nice legs, when they're not bruised.

That's because you are losing water weight. You can lose up to 5-7 lbs or even more of it in a day. Not replenishing it is really bad for you. Dehydration ftl.

a lot of women lose water weight, however. if you are losing a lb everyday w/o doing anything though, you're doing it wrong.

also, it scared me when i lost 5lbs in one day, but i gained it back in a few hours o_O LOL