Accelerated Evolution

I dropped out of school

eleet

What will ever become of me? I'm going to nightschool with Wind for an Amity diploma :unsure:

I haven't really told any of my friends yet. I figured I'd wait until last minute.

Edit: Amity goes back to school today. I won't be there. They're all gonna be like "WTF" until they see this thread.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah dude, good for you. I did in a way too. You may or not know the story, but I'll retell it quickly: My school was poor as fuck, so instead of going to another highschool for senior year, I'm already two days into the semester for a local community college and when I'm done there, I'll be transfering to a longer term school. I take the test to get my GED September 15th and I couldn't be happier. I hated highschool it was all bullshit. It was basically a social game and you know, fuck that. I have my friends, I don't need to pretend to give a shit about other people. If I meet some cool people, then you know whatever, but I just hate that atmosphere. Complete balls.

I hated highschool it was all bullshit. It was basically a social game and you know, fuck that. I have my friends, I don't need to pretend to give a shit about other people. If I meet some cool people, then you know whatever, but I just hate that atmosphere. Complete balls.

This.

MITCH WTF WHERE WERE YOU

You know, senior year could have been very easy for both you guys, I'm kinda sad. I wish you two would come back, it would have only been one more year!

EDIT okay mitch explained that it would have been more than a year so its a bit more understandable, but I still get this feeling like I've failed somewhat as a friend as not helpin you guys through to graduation.

hirthy, you as a friend has no influence on the fact that the american education system fucks with our free thinking and turns into mindless tools, while sticking us in a hostile surrounding of people we don't want to see everyday at 7AM till 2:18 PM, with teachers that sometimes are worse than my bosses at one of my jobs, where you are confined into a schedule that is forced, and basically unchangeable unless you want to "Endanger your academic potential (as I was told)". You are not given the freedom to choose, you are given the bare minimum to them to persuade us that we had a choice in our classes and our scheduling.

We're still graduating, we still have all our friends, the only difference is we're happier, less hostile, AND I DONT WANNA KILL MYSELF ANYMORE.

=]

Thanks for the concern though, but i feel very very strongly still with no regrets.

mostly ages 16-19-20 ish

its actually at hamden high, its twice a week for 3 hours, and you get a 40 min break inbetwee the two classes, featuring allowance of ciggerette break!

no homework, no projects, i got straight A's....... aaaanddd same diploma.

Yeah, high school is bullshit, and I can see why you'd want to drop out. Personally, I didn't care about the social aspect and ignored it totally, so I finished high school with fairly good grades. But that's definitely not the only path- hell, my dead beat addict brother, who dropped out of school 15 years ago and spent the interim time working temp jobs, doing drugs, and hanging out in his trailer got a GED and got into college ultimately.

Point is, no matter what some people say, your life is not ruined if you drop out of high school.

BTW, what in particular caused you to make this decision?

Yeah, high school is bullshit, and I can see why you'd want to drop out. Personally, I didn't care about the social aspect and ignored it totally, so I finished high school with fairly good grades. But that's definitely not the only path- hell, my dead beat addict brother, who dropped out of school 15 years ago and spent the interim time working temp jobs, doing drugs, and hanging out in his trailer got a GED and got into college ultimately.

Point is, no matter what some people say, your life is not ruined if you drop out of high school.

BTW, what in particular caused you to make this decision?

yeah but we get the same diploma, even with the amity inignia and can walk with our original graduating class... so its more or less just dropping out of the social aspect.

Either way, Elite, make sure you follow through, get the GED, and go to college. I don't want to sound like a guidance counselor, but that really is the best way to get the best jobs and it would be a waste if someone as smart as you didn't go to your full potential.

qft

I should have written a better initial post about this, so let me explain in better detail.

I essentially fucked myself over in regards to Junior year at Amity. Due to my large number of absentees, I lost credit in every single one of my classes. Even after I had lost all my credit in January, I still continued to occasionally miss school, I really couldn't help it. I just never wanted to go.

By the end of the year, I think I had accumulated something like 35 absentees. I wrote a letter of appeal in June in hopes of getting my credit back. When my principal approached all of my teachers and asked them if they would re-instate my credit, I was denied by all of them except my two elective teachers (TV Production and Auto Maintenance).

I didn't find out that I had lost my credit indefinitely until late July when my guidance counselor finally called. At the time, I was too pissed off and too embarrassed to tell anybody the bad news.

As for nightschool, I should be able to graduate on time, with the rest of our class in June. If I had stayed at Amity, I would have been looking at 1 additional year of highschool. I certainly wouldn't have been able to bare 1 additional year at Amity.

If I could have done it any other way, I would have. I'm sorry for kinda dropping this on you guys on the first day of school.

I should have written a better initial post about this, so let me explain in better detail.

I essentially fucked myself over in regards to Junior year at Amity. Due to my large number of absentees, I lost credit in every single one of my classes. Even after I had lost all my credit in January, I still continued to occasionally miss school, I really couldn't help it. I just never wanted to go.

By the end of the year, I think I had accumulated something like 35 absentees. I wrote a letter of appeal in June in hopes of getting my credit back. When my principal approached all of my teachers and asked them if they would re-instate my credit, I was denied by all of them except my two elective teachers (TV Production and Auto Maintenance).

Holy hell. That's all they let you miss? ^^;; I never knew how lucky I was....