Accelerated Evolution

"You can't have a yellow alert in spacedock!"

Ceraziefish

So, yeah. A couple weeks ago I was awoken at seven AM by my mom yelling about how I was an inconsiderate, terrible person. In fact, I believed she used the words "cruellest person I've ever met."

Now, most recently, we almost got in another argument. She's sick, I ate the only white rice in the house, and apparently white rice is the only thing she can eat while she's sick. I told her I didn't know and I was sorry, and she said "Yeah, you don't know, and you don't care." I offered to cook her some brown rice, or go to the store and get white rice, and she said that I couldn't do anything that would help.

So yeah, this is all a product of my own laziness. I didn't clean up the kitchen the day she exploded about my cruelty.

She just goes on and on about how I always choose the path of least resistance and never work hard for anything, or if there's any adversity I just give up. This is probably true and I don't really know what to do about it.

Basically my relationship with my parents is at an all time low. Every time I talk with them it turns into an argument so I've been spending more and more time outside of the house, usually waking up at threeish, leaving to go over to a friend's house, spending all day there and coming back at 4am or so and immediately going to sleep.

My mom is upstairs crying right now and I just can't bring myself to care. I mean, I feel bad for her, but I know if I went up there and tried to comfort her or whatever she'd just yell at me.

I'm going back to college solely because I can't stand to live here anymore and it's the only way I can move out for free, I don't actually care about any of my classes or getting a degree or anything like that. This year while I'm at Evergreen I'm going to be looking into getting a job and moving out permanently. The idea is to get some financial independence from my parents going off, so I really don't have to interact with them ever. Like I'm considering just staying down at Olympia for Thanksgiving break. I know I'll have to come up Winter break to get my braces, which is just another pain in the ass/thorn in my side.

So, yeah. Pity me, or something.

This seems similar to my household.

My grandmother gave me the best solution - when you know you are 100% right and no one wants to hear any sort of explanation, just agree with whatever is said and walk away. Words are put in my mouth all the time, and I try to explain why I'm right, or wrong, or how I feel and I get "Oh so you know everything?!" "You aren't a parent!" "Shut the fuck up" or other ridiculous responses.

i think parent/children relations usually hit some kind of wall when the kids are REALLY reaching adulthood. parents are coming to grips with the fact that their kids really are fully-fledged grownups and kids have to do the same, but they're usually not doing it at the exact same time and the overlap between "you're an adult!" and "i'm an adult!" just makes people irrational. it's got to be really hard to tell someone you spent nigh on two decades raising to get lost (for their own good)

This year while I'm at Evergreen I'm going to be looking into getting a job and moving out permanently. The idea is to get some financial independence from my parents going off, so I really don't have to interact with them ever.

Do this and you will feel a shitload better, and you know what...they will appreciate there son more and ask and see how your doing...its guranteed to work.

So in other news I'm scrambling to find some classes to take, and haven't talked to my parents since my dad dropped me off on Saturday.

I could get used to this. All I need to do is start smoking now (weed, not cigarettes. Although I would totally smoke cigarettes if it weren't for the whole cancer thing) so I can lean back in my chair, puff on my sweet pipe, and take a sip from my coffee mug (which, of course, would read "Gangsta Life").

So in other news I'm scrambling to find some classes to take, and haven't talked to my parents since my dad dropped me off on Saturday.

I could get used to this. All I need to do is start smoking now (weed, not cigarettes. Although I would totally smoke cigarettes if it weren't for the whole cancer thing) so I can lean back in my chair, puff on my sweet pipe, and take a sip from my coffee mug (which, of course, would read "Gangsta Life").

I thought that pipe was going to be for tobacco. XD

The stuff I have is crazy right now. XD

DUDE I MET A GUY FROM MADISON, WISCONSIN TODAY

But I didn't want to ask him if he knew you because that might have been awkward. "Yeah, there's this girl on the internet... yeah."

Supposedly northwest weed is really good, though. Haha. He was talking about how all the stuff in Wisconsin sucked xD

(in case you hadn't noticed this thread is now a general purpose "CF is Awesome" thread)

Anyway, I've decided that my new goal is to appeal to the hot girl demographic. Step one of my excellent plan is to attract an female, step two, well, we all know what step two is. Wish me luck!

DUDE I MET A GUY FROM MADISON, WISCONSIN TODAY

But I didn't want to ask him if he knew you because that might have been awkward. "Yeah, there's this girl on the internet... yeah."

Supposedly northwest weed is really good, though. Haha. He was talking about how all the stuff in Wisconsin sucked xD

(in case you hadn't noticed this thread is now a general purpose "CF is Awesome" thread)

Anyway, I've decided that my new goal is to appeal to the hot girl demographic. Step one of my excellent plan is to attract an female, step two, well, we all know what step two is. Wish me luck!

He must not know where to get it. :mellow: Even the rock bands make comments about how they get some of their best here. =S

Good luck! XD

That's sort of unexpected. Do they grow it out there? Most of the stuff here comes from Canada, obviously (lawl B.C. Bud).

And thank you! The problem is that I usually go to parties with my roommate who's also on the prowl, so it's like awkward as hell because we usually want to attract the same girls.

I think so, but it's hard to say really. I think it's a combination.

Aren't girls usually in pairs though? :awesome:

Um... Only lesbians. :awesome:

Or in a hot/not-hot pair. Which is to say, no good.

There's this super hot girl in the dorm across from me, but I'm worried that I'd rather be her friend, haha. And I mean she lives with friends, so if we did do something it'd be super awkward afterwards.

GIRLS ARE CRAZY, BUT NOT AS CRAZY AS ME. Also it was really weird at this party I was at today, like the party totally separated along gender lines. Because all the girls liked hip hop and most of the guys liked history and comic books, so we talked about that while the girls listened to hip hop in the other room. Kinda weird. Yeah but anyway a friend of mine really bugs me because he gets laid all the time for no reason.

Also I can't find my fucking shampoo. It's somewhere in my room I just have no idea where. Son of a bitch, I want to wash my hair.