Accelerated Evolution

UF Student Tasered

I'm only posting this because...

A. I know this guy

B. Police are fucking horrible people

C. This isn't right at all.

http://www.gainesvillesun.com/article/2007...17016/1002/NEWS

In this article, a 21 year old male by the name of Andrew Meyer was at a speech by John Kerry. Before the speech, I was at his house and he mentioned how he was going to ask Sen. Kerry a series of controversial questions. Regarding the issue of whether or not, the last few elections have been doctored / rigged and what have you.

There is a video in the link. Tell me what you think. Does it seem that he was trying to harm anyone? Self defense my ass, that was uncalled for.

I do not know what I can do, since I was not at the scene when it happened, but after watching the video, I am in full support of my friend.

I was just at this guys house for his B-day party on Saturday. This is insane!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a sec. What in the hell did he do to get arrested? How could that even be justified? How long has it been since someone actually read the goddamn constitution?! I hope the UFPD pays a really hefty fine after losing the lawsuit this guy should bring against them. I hope people are outside their headquarters protesting. I hope this is on the national news.

I think that the arrest was uncalled for, not the tasering. Then again, he was resisting because he was being arrested for no reason.

My friend just showed this to me, it's ridiculous. The police have absolutely no right to arrest him in the first place, given it wasn't the best decision of him to resist arrest (if the cops want to arrest you, they will). At the end of the day though, the UFPD should take some serious penalties.

It's easy for them to lie about him not resisting arrest when cameras were not present, too.

I think it's fucked. Hell, I think Tasers in general shouldn't be used, let alone against a dude asking questions.

It is, but that doesn't seem like it considering he pulls the same stunt in the second video. Where he's calm and collective until he sees the camera down the hall and spazes the fuck out while uttering completely stupid shit.

They didn't taser him for asking questions. They tasered him for repeatedly resisting arrest. The officer even warns him if he didn't stop that he'd taser him.

It's easy for them to lie about him not resisting arrest when cameras were not present, too.

I think it's fucked. Hell, I think Tasers in general shouldn't be used, let alone against a dude asking questions.

Would you rather they have shot him with their side arm, or smash him with their nightsticks?