Accelerated Evolution

PC game recommendation thread

TeleportSandwich

Hello all. Due to my current in ablity to play WoW (time card expired and I no longer have a job to pay for a new one), I was wondering if you kind folks could recommend me some good PC games. Trouble is that my computer is pretty shitty (1.3 GHz processor, 640 mb RAM, 128-bit graphic card), so I can't play anything terribly new and fancy like Bio Shock. What do you all recommend?

Half Life

System Shock 2

Marathon series (You can download them from Bungies official site. They're free, too.)

No One Lives Forever 2

Warcraft games

Diablo 2 (LoD)

Baldurs Gate 2

Thief series

Those should all run decently to fairly well for you, and they're all awesome. There's a lot more obviously, but those are some of my favourites.

System Shock 2 YES!

Warcraft games and Starcraft, too. "Battle Chest" can be found for $10 or $20

Diablo 2 (LoD) Also Available in a "Battle Chest" for $30-$40

The bolded stuff in quotes is my own words. I never beat SS2, but it is a GREAT game. Playing it with headphones scared the ever-living bejesus out of me. Never played Warcraft, actually, but loved Starcraft, even though I'm awful at it. Diablo 1 and 2 are both great games, especially if you want an MMO. While not an MMO, Diablo 1 & 2 both have free online multiplayer, as does starcraft.

EUROPA UNIVERSALIS III

If you're into ridiculous historical strategy games. DOO IT but you might hate it. But it's a seriously amazing game, sounds like your computer could probably handle it, but you might want to try EUII if it doesn't work.

Amazing, amazing games. I've learned so much about history because that game gets me super interested in it.