Accelerated Evolution

I'm glad we got rid of Don Imus

"I think black Americans are starting to think more and more for themselves."

"And we went to Sylvia’s, a very famous restaurant in Harlem. I had a great time, and all the people up there are tremendously respectful."

"And I couldn’t get over the fact that there was no difference between Sylvia’s restaurant and any other restaurant in New York City. I mean, it was exactly the same, even though it’s run by blacks, primarily

black patronship."

"There wasn’t one person in Sylvia’s who was screaming, “M-Fer, I want more iced tea.”

"You know, I mean, everybody was — it was like going into an Italian restaurant in an all-white suburb in

the sense of people were sitting there, and they were ordering and having fun. And there wasn’t any kind of

craziness at all."

- Bill O'reily

http://clips.mediamatters.org/static/audio...070919-race.mp3

I don't care for anything O'Reilly says, BUT....

He's obviously referring to the stereotype many people have of black people all being disrespectful barbaric criminals. And with the first quote, he's referring to the influence of douches like Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson.

Nothing he said here implies racism.

Don Imus on the other hand DID actually make a racist comment (though I disagree with him being taken off the air).

If it wasn't O'Reilly, I'm sure many in this topic would be quick to jump and not call it racist.

The fact that he felt the need to point out the fact that a primarily black restaurant is the same as "any other restaurant" is racist or at least implies racism. If it wasn't, he would, and everyone would, simply not even have to make the distinction. If you think there's nothing racist about that, you need to learn how to interpret what you are reading.

They're both ignorant.

He's not ignorant at all, in this case.

He hosts a popular TV show that influences many people. He's showing his viewers that he, in fact, isn't racist. He's saying "I went there, it's just like anything else." They're only questionable comments when taken out of context. He didn't even imply racism. Listen to the mp3.

he was being really patronizing like a lot of rich white people are toward minorities. on this one lolita community a girl was talking about how surprised she was that a black girl said her out was cute in perfect english. "No ghetto speak for this girl." and i guess the intent wasn't really racist. people are just really naive.

he was being really patronizing like a lot of rich white people are toward minorities. on this one lolita community a girl was talking about how surprised she was that a black girl said her out was cute in perfect english. "No ghetto speak for this girl." and i guess the intent wasn't really racist. people are just really naive.

I see what you mean. The comments are patronizing sounding, but I don't think it was his intention.

im defending bill o'reilly :snakes: :snakes: :unsure: :ohmy:

Everyone should already know that it's "just like anywhere else."

I don't agree with Bill O'Reily on alot of things. And my parents love to suck his cock. I also see what you are saying. But there is still racism in this world and I GUARANTEE you that MANY people would not go into a restaurant in a neighbor hood like that. Maybe he was just trying to open peoples minds into being more accepting? The problem with him is he goes about things in such a blunt fashion. Oh and he attacks freedom of speech 75% of the time on his show. I should know my dad has it on every day.