Accelerated Evolution

Marilyn Manson is going to die...

HopelessPyromantic

Okay, I know you guys have great taste in music, that is why I came here to let this out (been a long time right? I hope someone remembers me from the old days). I'm sure everything I say most of you guys already know, and that's great. Let's take this fucker down! I'm not saying lets kill him, I want to watch him wallow and die in the shit he created.

Also I wanted to post here to avoid "Manson is god!" comments. Fucking retards, there is no god, and if there were it would not be Marilyn fuckface Manson.

Let me give you some history-When I was 13 I discovered the BAND Marilyn Manson (this was right after Smells Like Children was released). I had a great time listening to their stuff-it was wacky, scary, and I knew my parents would hate it. Everything a kid needs right? When Anti-Christ superstar came out, I had to buy it that day! What were these dude gonna say? I loved the band but was never a Mansonite or any crap like that. I admired Manson for his intelligence and his fearless approach to society. I was like "Yeah! This dudes got it figured out!" This band HELPED me (I was already quite unique) to free myself and not be afraid of what other people think (which isn't an easy evolution-it takes years to really get this down, which I have). So, anyway I have fun with it, my mom and dad don't even know what I'm listening to because they don't care (I always felt they give me a lot of space to be an individual, and that is cool, but they never knew what the hell I was doing and then were shocked when they found plastic bags and spray paint in my closet-real smart there mom and dad!) But that isn't the point.

I'll get to the point I swear! I lost interest when Mechanical Animals came out. I expanded my interests (I REALLY love music, and don't let myself get boxed in by genres) and eventually ended up listening to the classic rock artists (not Journey or any crap like that, the innovators).

So the other day I'm sitting around and think "Man, Marilyn Manson was an awesome band. I really miss that time in my life." I knew that Manson had dropped most of the original members and made it his own thing. But I didn't know what the hell was really going on.

So I started looking him up. And what I thought was one of my heroes is nothing but a fuckstick old man who is whining about love. But that is not all-This fuck up is just now figuring out "who I really am."

So this is my conclusion-Marilyn Manson has always been a fake. Everything he's ever said has been a lie. This guy is not as smart as everyone gives him credit for-he has destroyed so many relationships he has had and then asks "Why?" What the fuck dickhead? Look in the mirror. You've misled all these fucking kids into believing you are some original "artist" when all you do is remake Bowie & Bauhaus. You hide behind makeup not just because you are ugly on the outside, but have always been ugly on the inside and now it is starting to get to you. Burn motherfucker. You have created everything you hated. You are a Hollywood pussystain that fucks actresses. Evan Rachel Wood is either gonna leave your drugged out ass or you are going to destroy her, and then cry about it on an album.

So Dita left your ass. Can you blame her? Your original fans have outgrown you and see you for the parody you have always been. A brand of absinthe? Thinking of a fragrance? Are you fucking Gwen Stefani now? I heard he even had a clothing line.

Have you looked at his "art"? All he does is make everyone into his own image. This is the most self-centered bastard I've ever seen. I looked at his Dita watercolor and it looked like him. Art? Gimme a fucking break. Van Gogh would eat your eyes out and ask for seconds. I thought you were anti-Hollywood? You're nothing but a starfucker looking for some goddamn attention. Whatever happened to hating the media? Now you fuck 19 year old girls to boost album sales.

Manson is nothing but a drunk who has never had a truly profound life experience. He has no strength, no respect, no qualities whatsoever. Intelligent? And intelligent man would have saved his marriage instead of choosing coke.

And he did this to himself, which is even better. The king of hypocrites has arrived, and I don't think that was his intention. He's lost it and I'm loving it. No one will ever love you. You made me hate you-is that what you wanted? Someone that believed in your shit to hate you?

It's all so poetic. I wish he would die a slow and painful death and stop polluting the world and minds with his "art". His lyrics suck, it's all pop, every song sounds the same and his voice is the kind of shit to be ashamed of. I wanna bring him down and let the fucking revolution begin. Die Manson, you are irrelevant. Making fun of My Chemical Romance, what the fuck? I don't even listen to them but grow the hell up man. Accept that you are no longer scary, never were profound, are nothing but a regurgitation of musicians past and that you are just a middle aged fool grasping at straws.

I saw him live in 2005 and was left feeling empty. Now I know why.

(p.s. thanks for your time! I missed you fuckers!)

I used to be a pretty big Manson fan myself. The thing is, as I realized over the years, is that it's all an act. It's like Phish, they're hippies, members of the counter-culture who then charge hundreds of dollars for fans to see them and always hint at breaking up so everyone feels like they MUST be there. Insane Clown Posse are the same way, I used to really like them until I realized they weren't really into doing anything other than making money easily and feeding their egos by having a following. It's hard to find anybody really true in the music industry these days, the money's so lucrative that nobody can be themselves and has to create an image instead.

Never was into him, but it's always a sad day when you realize that the artists you once loved are nothing you thought they were.

And the thing about being a drunk isn't a big deal... I'm a drunk.

Well, it's a big deal for me. I'm still struggling with alcohol (and I'm only 25) and I know what it can do to a person if they let it get out of control, and I feel like he has, and he has no strength to do anything about it.

I never listened to Manson, in fact I've pretty much hated the guy ever since I became aware of him. It just seemed so obvious that he had created an image to capitalize on the patterns of thought and emotions of a specific demographic. In my eyes, that's more or less unforgivable.

Mind you, I'd say the fact that he was able to do achieve that goal so flawlessly (for a while at least) means that the guy is pretty bright (bright in the cut-throat manipulative businessman way, that is).

I've been great considering my circumstances for the past 7 years =D Thanks for asking, glad to see HFG reference. I remember you and a couple others in this thread. Nice to see some familiar "faces"

How is calling someone a drunk being judgmental if it is the truth? Do I not have free reign to call them as I see them considering "it takes one to know one'?

Aleksander, you bought up a great point about the demographic aspect, and I may have jumped to conclusions about his fans, but does anyone truly know or have any experience with them?

What are his fans really like? I got one bad impression from a message board and think they will follow anything he says or does, but that may be wrong. I just saw a bunch of little Manson's trolling trying to piss someone off.

The only other interaction I had with his fans was at Rock am Ring 05, and they were mostly non-American so I don't know if they could/should even be clumped in the same category as the American fans.

exactly what i was thinking.

Exactly what I've been doing.

Why did I come back to the internet?

I've been looking for somewhere to say something and it'll never matter-no one listens, no one truly gives a fuck, and all the internet is is everyone wrapped up in their own shit. Just like real life! Hahaha, this is all so absurd :D

It is amusing and infuriating all at the same time...good to be alive!

All I have to say is this-Though I may say things online, that is where they stay-online. And I feel good knowing I can rail on here and then not take it with me into my real life. Because it doesn't really matter.

Fun to say what's on your mind though right? ;)

I like a few of Manson's songs, but to be honest I've never taken him seriously as a musician/artist. I don't really think he takes himself that seriously either, but to be honest I have no idea one way or the other. I think it's because I don't take him seriously that his large act doesn't really offend me. Would I buy a cd? Sure, maybe. (I like the catchiness of a few of his songs.) Would I think it's worth it to go to a concert of his? Not if I was expected to pay for it. That's just me though, and everyone on AE knows I have way different tastes than like anyone here. *Shrugs*

I always get sad when I see a band sell out though. It gets so depressing to see the things they are willing to sacrifice to sell more. :sad:

I'm not a he, and I'm not anybody's friend here.

I just a woman in her basement with an opinion that felt like ranting. Take it or leave it.

Thanks DreamerGirl, someone that actually has something to say.

Reality is I'm just a bitter former fan that thought there was something more to him. I was a naive kid and thought I had a hero but there are no heroes, just regular ass people.

It don't really matter in the big scheme of things, I just wanted to get it out of my mind. He can be whoever he wants to be, I've put it to bed. What he does ain't gonna change how I live so I don't truly give a shit anymore. I might have when I wrote that but really it was more for humour and relief than anything.

I'm not a he, and I'm not anybody's friend here.

I just a woman in her basement with an opinion that felt like ranting. Take it or leave it.

Thanks DreamerGirl, someone that actually has something to say.

Reality is I'm just a bitter former fan that thought there was something more to him. I was a naive kid and thought I had a hero but there are no heroes, just regular ass people.

It don't really matter in the big scheme of things, I just wanted to get it out of my mind. He can be whoever he wants to be, I've put it to bed. What he does ain't gonna change how I live so I don't truly give a shit anymore. I might have when I wrote that but really it was more for humour and relief than anything.

Wouldn't he be more of a jackass if he did believe the stuff he sang? People here like Black Metal and most of those bands aren't for real (some are) but that doesn't stop us from liking their music. Hell even Sabbath wasn't serious.

Wouldn't he be more of a jackass if he did believe the stuff he sang? People here like Black Metal and most of those bands aren't for real (some are) but that doesn't stop us from liking their music. Hell even Sabbath wasn't serious.

It is not so much the stuff he says in his songs but the things he pretty much preached about back in the days when I gave a shit. He was so anti-Hollywood and now he's just another starfucker. That's what irritated me.

You made a good point though. I can listen to music for the fantasy and imagery, no problem. I enjoy music whether they mean it or not. I prefer, though, to hear people tell stories about their lives with their music. But it doesn't matter so fuck it :headbang:

I like a couple of Manson's songs, but I was never a fan. I hated when WWE's Smackdown switched to Beautiful People for their theme. Suck.

I like Manson's rendition of Personal Jesus, but other than that, I don't like his covers, and I don't know if I've heard any of his original work.

He doesn't strike me as a particularly decent person, and I don't really care what happens to him, good or bad.

edit: Changed that I liked Manson's rendition of "Beautiful People" to "Personal Jesus," since I believe "Beautiful People" is actually original.

^That last sentence nailed it for me. You see what I see and I feel the same way. But at the same time, at this stage in his life, I see another human being in pain and it hurts me. I'm empathetic to a fault, I suppose.

The only album I find still worth a listen is Antichrist Superstar. I think ideally he (they then) was on to something and made some good points about religion and society. Wait, I can still put on Mechanical Animals though because hell, I really do think it is a good album. And anyone can listen to that. I met a 50 year old man that liked it (and he had superb taste, trust me, this guy listened to A LOT of music, it didn't hurt that he was a great guy too), and have seen many people say even their parents liked it. I think musically and, to an extent, lyrically it is good and talks about things worth thinking about.

I've never been too impressed by Manson's lyrical ability. I can tell he thought a lot about the stuff he sang about, but he didn't put that effort into writing good lyrics. Some of it was a bit predictable to me when I finally did listen to Mechanical Animals in 2003 (long after fandom-I was in the midst of my then new fascination with the work of Pete Townshend, which I still love although he's a sell-out too. But you know, The Who got old, and Townshend still needs to make a living, so I can't really hate on him for that. That would be ignorant).

Hehe, parents liked it. This is where Manson lost his edge and became irrelevant as a figure in American society. I guess it happens to a lot of people though, doesn't it? Hell, I am irrelevant, so I can't be too harsh.