Accelerated Evolution

Wal-Mart

Wal-Mart is something I love to talk about. It's a monster!

First question: What is the most fucked up thing you've ever seen in Wal-Mart?

Second question: Do you think of Wal-Mart as terrible for our country or society for any reason whatsoever?

I crack up at the people who are too fat to walk so they ride the motorized carts. Not because I am making fun of fat people, it just speaks volumes about the health of our society. I'm no fit little kitten myself, I am delightfully fluffy and I love it, but seeing the morbidly obese is just that-morbid.

The people who congregate in the middle of the aisles bullshitting kill me though. Have you no consideration to the fact that other people are trying to shop and you are being rude by getting in the way of their objective? The rest of us want to get what we came for and get the FUCK out of this place.

I also hate that I HAVE to go to Wal-Mart now because no one else can compete (I do, when I can, go to Dollar General when I know they have what I need...I LOVE that store, and they are very smart at placing their stores-here in Southeast Tennessee, they will put one in the middle of nowhere and I think that gives Wal-Mart a good run). The Bi-Lo grocery store in my town recently had to close it's door because the monster had moved in across the road and there was no hope left for that store. I've seen a lot of grocery stores fold around here thanks to Wal-Mart and it makes me mad as hell.

Hehe, yeah, I call it a monster for many reasons, but here is one you might be able to picture in your mind: When one approches the Wal-Mart in my town, it is on a hill and I swear you will think you are looking at a modern version of a King's castle. It's huge, it's lit up, and everyone is always there. I look at it and think Vlad Tepes (The Impaler) would have had a ball with all the bodies and the space in that building.

Walmart is the only place to buy clothes in my town, besides the thrift store (which has a fair amount of walmart clothes)

IT IS LIKE SHOPPING IN HELL

They do have a lot of cute jewelry though. =D And it's convenient, sorta.

Last time I went they were out of thumbtacks. That kind of sucked. I owe my roommate a box of thumbtacks.

It is definitely bad for america blah blah blah china blah balance of trade etc etc

meh, i only shop at walmart because there is absolutely nothing else around in my area.

BTW: http://www.accelerated-e.com/index.php?sho...&hl=walmart

I appreciate you pointing me to that thread but it's not the same as this one. I asked specific questions that I want answers to. It's up to everyone else if they give me what I'm looking for.

CF, if that is true, then :hail:

i love target oo; i just went clothes shopping there and loved almost everything. it's the same as wal-mart basically. i don't really care about consumer responsibility or any of that.

NO HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO WALMART THE CLOTHES ARE WAY WORSE TARGET IS AWESOME

12 am at night.. great place to shop..without everybody and their mom there shopping...I never had bad customer service, but what really pisses me off are people who use the self serve checkout and have 50 items.

Yes! Holy shit, yes. I see that as a tool of convenience and anyone who disrupts that for me is automatically rude and inconsiderate :tongue:

I have such a low tolerance for a lack of manners.

But Ashton your supporting the Evil empire..because Lord knows we can't have that.

If I don't buy from them, I just contribute to the growth of their competitors. I honestly fail to see the difference. I live in a city of a million people. There are no locally owned places for most things anymore. And the ones that do exist have forever and are an hour away in the centre of the city.

I like your attitude Siendra. I feel the same way, and though I do have to go to Wal-Mart I can't help but let it bother me.

Even MORE fucked up about my situation is that Wal-Mart supports ME now. They are the only place that would hire my brother and I met my fiance through him, as they both started there at the same time. I wouldn't be able to make it without my brother living with me as he pays me rent to pay the bills and we work together to keep the house a home.

The monster is now a part of me! :hardgay:

If I don't buy from them, I just contribute to the growth of their competitors. I honestly fail to see the difference. I live in a city of a million people. There are no locally owned places for most things anymore. And the ones that do exist have forever and are an hour away in the centre of the city.

Ashton you know I was being sarcastic, in my situation..I get off late from work and well its cool getting dvds and games at 12 midnight and playing them before some people.

Ashton you know I was being sarcastic, in my situation..I get off late from work and well its cool getting dvds and games at 12 midnight and playing them before some people.

I know. I just figured before one of the resident "CORPORATIONS ARE EVIL" asshats went at me again, I'd put that out there.