Accelerated Evolution

Back to tell it like it is

Since my self-imposed exile last night, which I don't feel I owe anyone an explanation for, I've been a ghost. I've been watching and reading, and I'm going to say this no matter what any of you think of it. And no, I don't give a shit if all of this is apparent to you already-I'm not writing it for you, I am writing it for myself. If you think it's funny, or dumb, or pointless, that is fine, I can't control what you think and I don't intend to. I respect your right to think freely, and actually encourage it, but have some class about expressing it.

Realize, I am not the kind of subhuman that will call names, but you will know what applies to you when you read it. All those innocent will know they are, but I'm not even sure if any of you are. Also, this is directed at the regular member base, but it may apply to some of the moderators and even admin.

1. This is not a welcoming environment, period. There is a clique mentality and heaven forbid anyone "new" comes along and shakes up your little world. Oh no! A noob! Let's make them wish they'd never came here! Pathetic.

2. If you are not a moderator, stop trying to be a fucking moderator. Why is it so important to you? Do you think you will be thought of as any better if you just had that title? Bottom line: I think the moderating team here was chosen for a reason. LET THEM DO THEIR JOBS. "This belongs in *forum name* over and over is not cute, it's not clever, and it totally discredits you as a contributing member. You are not contributing anything but ignorance and confusion.

3. Dissect post-Attack: Do you think this is communication? If you do, you are sorely mistaken. You are NOT reading what the poster intended to communicate. You have knee jerk reaction to jump all over someone if they say something you don't agree with, and that kills credibility. Why would I listen to anyone like that? I'm getting to old for that shit.

4. Immaturity: I admit I love to act like a moron, but there is a time and place. Joking and acting like an ass on a thread that someone may have made to actually SAY something is just pointless and rude. There is more posting than reading and what kind of quality community will you have if you refuse to see things from the others perspective?

5. Disrespect: There is another person on the other side of your screen, and they deserve dignity and respect (given they have not relinquished this through disrespect themselves). Sure, this is the internet. Yay! Let's all act like someone we would never have the balls to be in real life. Give me a fucking break. If I was having a conversation with Mr. Smith in the middle of Wal-Mart and someone just out of the blue popped in and pulled some of the shit said on here, they wouldn't have a face anymore. Not because I would do it, but Mr. Smith probably would. Get real.

6. I think I like most of you, I really do. If this were real life we would probably get along famously. But this is not the real world, and you people take advantage of that to the point of being abusive. Why? Are you going to sleep any better for attacking someone online? Is it going to make ANY difference for you? If it does, you are lacking something in your life and nothing you do on here is going to make up for it.

7. I don't care about your post count. All it says to me is that you have a lot of time on your hands. You are not a better member for posting more than others, so just throw that out the window.

That's all I've got right now. If I did hurt anyone's feelings, I am sorry, as that is not my intention. I just want everyone to wake the fuck up and start treating each other like human beings. If this doesn't happen, I can't stay here. I don't want to be associated with a place like this. Not that it would make any difference anyway. And if I get banned for this, everything I said will be confirmed.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think you put a lot more effort into making coherent, intelligent, supportive posts than a lot of people here (I'm mostly talking about myself XD)

I am really sorry you're leaving but I understand why.

I know maybe it didn't seem that way but almost everyone liked you overall!!! On Random Thoughts we were all like "Damn I didn't want to make her leave", a bunch of people were going to hit you up on email.

I think you're taking AE much too seriously as a board. I don't mean that as an insult or anything, but since everyone from AN migrated to AE/Anti-AN the current members were all close nit into two differnt groups and everyone knew someone.

A good 98% of posts here are meant as jokes. But most of us do welcome new members. Both Faulty and Dreamer were new and they stayed. The only time, that I can remember anyway, of when a new member came around that we didn't welcome was Punroc. And the few people that treated him like an asshole was the people he knew in person. Even then most of us didn't want him to be banned.

I'm not sure what posts you're seeing where normal members are acting like mods, unless it's the joke posts about "This goes in (x) forum". Other then moving topics, mods don't need to do much around here since it's incredibly rare that someone breaks a rule here. There's more mods then there is need of moderation, and most do their jobs. The only mod that doesn't really take her mod duty seriously is Vampy. All she needs to do is either keep out or tag NSFW stuff and she doesn't even do that. So if you're mad at a person who speaks up about something like that then I have to disagree. Members should speak up if they think a mod isn't doing what they were appointed to.

I'm kind of in a shitty mood, so I figured I'd do this. Before I say anything, I agree with Belial. Anyway:

1. This is not a welcoming environment, period. There is a clique mentality and heaven forbid anyone "new" comes along and shakes up your little world. Oh no! A noob! Let's make them wish they'd never came here! Pathetic.

I'm willing to admit cliques but that's just how people are. It would happen here as much as it would in high school or in an office or anything. It's up to the person do blend into one or find a niche or something. If they're an asshole, or course people won't like them. And if they're stupid...that's just as bad, if not worse.

2. If you are not a moderator, stop trying to be a fucking moderator. Why is it so important to you? Do you think you will be thought of as any better if you just had that title? Bottom line: I think the moderating team here was chosen for a reason. LET THEM DO THEIR JOBS. "This belongs in *forum name* over and over is not cute, it's not clever, and it totally discredits you as a contributing member. You are not contributing anything but ignorance and confusion.

This one kills me. If something belongs elsewhere...it belongs elsewhere. There's no "brown-nosing" or "kiss-ass" to it. It just shouldn't be where ever it is. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't regard someone any more or less because they had a retarded colored button under their name.

4. Immaturity: I admit I love to act like a moron, but there is a time and place. Joking and acting like an ass on a thread that someone may have made to actually SAY something is just pointless and rude. There is more posting than reading and what kind of quality community will you have if you refuse to see things from the others perspective?

I don't pay much attention to the SD&D forums and the like because frankly I don't care. As for the Rant Pit and Life Discussion stuff, that's different. If someone is being insensitive or silly, they aren't praised for it and in fact they're usually chastised for it. The most important factor in all of this:...we're on this thing called the internet, so...I'm going to leave that one sit.

5. Disrespect: There is another person on the other side of your screen, and they deserve dignity and respect (given they have not relinquished this through disrespect themselves). Sure, this is the internet. Yay! Let's all act like someone we would never have the balls to be in real life. Give me a fucking break. If I was having a conversation with Mr. Smith in the middle of Wal-Mart and someone just out of the blue popped in and pulled some of the shit said on here, they wouldn't have a face anymore. Not because I would do it, but Mr. Smith probably would. Get real.

Who says someone wouldn't have the balls to speak up? Stop assuming for Chrissake. And I see little to no actual, formal, personalized disrespect .

6. I think I like most of you, I really do. If this were real life we would probably get along famously. But this is not the real world, and you people take advantage of that to the point of being abusive. Why? Are you going to sleep any better for attacking someone online? Is it going to make ANY difference for you? If it does, you are lacking something in your life and nothing you do on here is going to make up for it.

You act like people are victimized or brutalized around here. And again, this question could be answered with something like "lol internet".

And to the post count thing: No one honestly gives a shit about a number under their avatar.

To be honest I really don't give about any of this, I just think it's really fucked up that you've just come back to tell everybody what's wrong with what they do on AE and that AE is a terrible place. Nothing could be further from the truth. I love this place and that's why I visit at least once a day even if it's only to say I'm listening to something. I like the people here, they've helped me with problems, get into good music and made me laugh my ass off on countless occasions. I really don't think it's so bad. You just need to stop taking everything so seriously and realize that as long as we're on the "internet" and there are

"other people" then "shit will happen".

I made a funny.

It was awesome

But seriously though, HP, I've made threads here asking for advice, and gotten just a bunch of jokes in reply instead of actual advice.

That's just the kind of place AE is though and the jokes cheered me up.

^ She does =(

(I forget why it's not allowed though XD Why isn't it allowed?!)

Because for some godforsaken reason Hero and Elite don't want it to be. It's allowed in the hentai section, obvsly.

But seriously, wtf J-stop? Very few other mods on this board have to deal with shit like people pulling jack-ass stunts and spaming the shit out of everything with "ATTACH DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD" for 5 pages straight, having to delete all that and telling the person to stop, AND THEN HAVING THEM DO IT AGAIN WITH PICTURES. I do just as much work as every other mod here. If making the disclaimer "I do not agree with the rules but rules say you have to take that to hentai" means I don't take modding seriously, well, get the fuck over it.

Uhhh you're telling me people can't see me saying "Stop posting the nsfw images guys"??? I'm pretty sure that's telling people...

Fine, just for you then, I will make sure that the post itself says what it is or that the picture is entirely removed, happy now? I am aware that the rules are for nothing to be posted outside of hentai at all, but given how lax things are here, and that I've seen admins themselves do similar, I thought that would be fine. If that was a problem for you at the time, you could have just told me, "Hey vampy, could you label those posts?", instead of being an ass and accusing me, in the third person, well after the fact of the thing that bothered you, of "not taking my job seriously." If something is an issue for you, you can bring it up without being accusatory or an being an ass about it, it's not that hard.

Uhhh you're telling me people can't see me saying "Stop posting the nsfw images guys"??? I'm pretty sure that's telling people...

Fine, just for you then, I will make sure that the post itself says what it is or that the picture is entirely removed, happy now? I am aware that the rules are for nothing to be posted outside of hentai at all, but given how lax things are here, and that I've seen admins themselves do similar, I thought that would be fine. If that was a problem for you at the time, you could have just told me, "Hey vampy, could you label those posts?", instead of being an ass and accusing me, in the third person, well after the fact of the thing that bothered you, of "not taking my job seriously." If something is an issue for you, you can bring it up without being accusatory or an being an ass about it, it's not that hard.

Not unless they read two posts under it. That's like putting a sign in the middle of a highway saying "caution, fast cars ahead." By the time anyone actually gets to your post chances are they've already clicked the link. And I did say something about it, both in random thoughts and could have sworn I reported the post afterwards. I did the same thing when tubgirl was posted in the art form and Tim took it down within a few hours. After a few days with it still being posted I just assumed you were ignoring your reported posts.

So, that's how I've viewed it, one mod actually does their work, one doesn't. I wasn't trying to be an ass about anything.

Again, I think HP is overreacting, and everybody else is taking personally. As much as I wish she wouldn't leave, it's her decision if she thinks we're just a bunch of douchebags that hate anybody new. It's not true, but hey, it's her choice. As for the things she listed, who cares? It's the internet, don't take it seriously. If I'm starting to sound like a jerk, so what? That's how I am. If I have an opinion, and other people don't like it, that's their problem.

^ HAHAHAH YOU SKIPPED DISSECT POST ATTACK XDDD;;;

I AM DYING

:awesome:

I'm not overreacting, I just wanted to say what was on my mind. If that's perceived as being too "serious", there's really nothing I can do about that.

I don't think all of you are douchebags either. I don't know if I will really leave, I do like it here. There have been some really cool people communicating with me outside here and I really take their thoughts into consideration.

It was awesome

But seriously though, HP, I've made threads here asking for advice, and gotten just a bunch of jokes in reply instead of actual advice.

That's just the kind of place AE is though and the jokes cheered me up.

Kinda like the one where I told you to go do something and if you failed I would give you 20 bucks?

HP, I like you, but like others have said, you can't really take half the posts on AE seriously. Like most of my posts for instance. Or t r o n. especially him. But if you leave, well that's fine. It's just common courtesy to not come back for a few minutes and type a long post listing the reasons why this place sucks, when apparently, we all like it here.

I shall end my post with "lol intranets"

Ahh so it isn't. I dunno, that was an assumption. I've seen it on other forums before.

ANYway, I'm not a very serious person. at all. I bet most of the people on AE, including the people in here can agree with me on that. Most of what we say, or I say at least, is just to have fun and to play with you (Like the "belongs in X forum" thing. we don't really mean it, and none of us really care either, we're just making a joke). I like you and I don't think you should go, it's really a great place once you get used to the fray and learn to dodge the crossfire.

In conclusion: Cmon, give us another chance. I'll let you use my stove!

:biggrin: Can I just say that I do realize it is a joke. I have pretty decent powers of observation and I know how this works. So don't worry about that.

I keep seeing the word assumption.

I can see how my post could be perceived as an assumption, but trust me, there are no assumptions in my posts. Merely observations and opinions.

But it (assumption) is an apparent roadblock in real communication on this site.

Does anyone see where I am going with this?