Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
JeremyGEE

Went and got a job today.

I was reading the paper on the john. Just as I always do, and stumbled across the help wanted ads. First thing that catches my eye, "CARPET CLEANERS" No experience required, yadda yadda yadda. I call out of curiosity. They tell me to bring a resume in, Im thinking, wow just a manual labor job... No bullshit people or some product to pedal... I go in for an interview, two hours later I call back and I'm hired. Too good to be true. Turns out my neighbor worked there and pretty much let me know that its a sales oriented deal.. FUCK. I don't think im showing up for training tomorrow...

damn, what about dustin and that shop? Why dont you get a job there?

The shop is full up.

I didn't go. I'm just not down with pedaling products and hounding people to buy them.

I'm sure I can find a better job!!!!!

i got duped into going down to comcast for a job like that. i showed up to their compound about 45 minutes from my house and answered a bunch of random questions, then they were like, "get in the car with this asshole and he'll show you what you'd be doing." so i got in the car with that asshole and drove around for two hours while he tried telling me that selling cable door to door was a sweet ass job

i got duped into going down to comcast for a job like that. i showed up to their compound about 45 minutes from my house and answered a bunch of random questions, then they were like, "get in the car with this asshole and he'll show you what you'd be doing." so i got in the car with that asshole and drove around for two hours while he tried telling me that selling cable door to door was a sweet ass job

I am actually Loling right now. At this part "he tried telling me that selling cable door to door was a sweet ass job".

Yeah, I'm glad I reconsidered. I would have had to work 50 hour weeks. For only 400 bucks.... ehhh. and it would get in the way of my G.E.D. Classes. I'm going out tomorrow and picking up apps from a shit ton of places. My minds in the right place for a job now, I'll let you all know the result.

I think you made the right choice. My oldest sister got into selling Kirby vacuum/carpet cleaning contraptions and I feel like it's just not for some people. It's quite demeaning...and who can really sell something if they don't believe in it themselves?

I tried something similar, but it turned out these people wanted me to call people at times that I consider to be rude. Yes, dinnertime and Sundays. I'm not even religious, and I hate being bothered on Sundays. I guess I got used to the German tradition while I was there. I REALLY hate being bothered on Sunday.

I can't tell whether I love or hate my job. I work at a full serve gas station pumping gas. While there are no customers there I don't do anything, and I'm alone. Since the garage moved there hasn't been much business and I can't do mechanic work anymore, so I can get quite bored. Being alone sucks, but being able to do whatever the hell i want is awesome. I pretty much sit around, read or write and blast music (usually Pink Floyd or Rush). It's awesome, yet it sucks too. -shrugs-

Though I'd rather do what I do than go around trying to sell shit to people.

I don't really have to deal with too many patrons at the library. I just shelve and mend books, cut and shred paper, scan shit into computers, and buff CDs. Pretty excellent.

I don't really have to deal with too many patrons at the library. I just shelve and mend books, cut and shred paper, scan shit into computers, and buff CDs. Pretty excellent.

awesome. today i was playing soccer by myself. for how lame it was, it was actually pretty awesome. Though I came crazy close to smashing a window. :unsure: