Accelerated Evolution

The only real Halo 3 review

Gundampilotspaz

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This really isn't a joke, this is the only unbiased Halo 3 review I've seen. It basically spells out everything that is wrong with the game, and everything that I have a problem with is addressed and given time. The reviewer has a twist of humor but that's just part of his thing.

The main problem with Halo 3 is the way it have been reviewed, especially by 1up where they allowed someone they called "The biggest Halo fan you'll ever meet" review the game. In fact, when watching the Halo 3 review 1up prepared for DL.TV I noticed that the only game they compared it to was Halo 2, and based on that criteria alone they praised it. Not once in the DL.TV review did they say if it was a good or bad game, they just spelled out the differences it had with Halo 2 and if those were either good or bad.

So that is why I say, this is the only real Halo review I've yet seen. The reviewer does not give it a bad review, he just spells it like it is and brings the game back to reality.

People like the game because they have fun playing it. That is all that matters.

Bullshit.

I have fun playing most games I ever play, doesn't mean they are all 9.5/10 GAME OF THE MONTH material.

Nor is halo 3, its hype and fanboyism at its worst.

Bullshit.

I have fun playing most games I ever play, doesn't mean they are all 9.5/10 GAME OF THE MONTH material.

Nor is halo 3, its hype and fanboyism at its worst.

But if others love it that's all that matters. I enjoy Halo, I don't OMGLOVE halo. But I think it's a good game. Then again I'm not a fan boy. Like, imagine if Scott DID like Halo. He'd probably sit around wearing a master chief helmet and playing halo computer and x box version at the same time. I mean, he probably does.

The review was pretty truthful, but I'm stil not going to discount the game on a whole because this guy doesn't like light bloom, and that it was short.

Frankly, he's an idiot to even say that the game is average when it's easily the most fulfilling and complete online shooter on any console, yet he doesn't "give a flying fuck" about it; you can't give a review when you only review half the game..

The game looks great, it runs smooth, and it plays fluidly. I was never a Halo fan to begin with, but the people that cry that the game is simple fanboyist hype are idiots. The game was short, so what? You were most likely playing on Normal, if you were on Heroic, you couldn't blast your way through everything.

I could rant forever but I don't have the patience.

Frankly, he's an idiot to even say that the game is average when it's easily the most fulfilling and complete online shooter on any console, yet he doesn't "give a flying fuck" about it; you can't give a review when you only review half the game..

He doesn't care about multiplayer. And like he said, neither do a lot of people. Myself being one of them. I don't really see a problem with him saying it doesn't matter to him. A review is an opinion, nothing more.

He doesn't care about multiplayer. And like he said, neither do a lot of people. Myself being one of them. I don't really see a problem with him saying it doesn't matter to him. A review is an opinion, nothing more.

OK, let's go down the logical ladder with this one.

1. He states the game is too short, thus basically condemning it's replayability and staying power in a gamers library.

2. Calls the game average, even though he has only touched the single player campaign. I'm sorry, but if you are going to only play a game one-third of the way and not touch Forge or play in a few matches, you are discrediting the game as a whole because one of Halo 3's biggest draws is the ability to do online co-op, among other great online multiplayer options. So......

3. With that in mind, why should anyone even call this a game review when he hasn't touched the actual game? He went through a quick run on Normal Mode, skipped everything else, and then calls it average, this guy can write, thats for sure, but as far as giving a fair review of a game, he sucks. The game is above average, there are only a handful of console shooters that are fun to play continuously next to Goldeneye, Bioshock, and Perfect Dark, and Halo 3 is one of them.

OK, let's go down the logical ladder with this one.

1. He states the game is too short, thus basically condemning it's replayability and staying power in a gamers library.

2. Calls the game average, even though he has only touched the single player campaign. I'm sorry, but if you are going to only play a game one-third of the way and not touch Forge or play in a few matches, you are discrediting the game as a whole because one of Halo 3's biggest draws is the ability to do online co-op, among other great online multiplayer options. So......

3. With that in mind, why should anyone even call this a game review when he hasn't touched the actual game? He went through a quick run on Normal Mode, skipped everything else, and then calls it average, this guy can write, thats for sure, but as far as giving a fair review of a game, he sucks. The game is above average, there are only a handful of console shooters that are fun to play continuously next to Goldeneye, Bioshock, and Perfect Dark, and Halo 3 is one of them.

So... I should just deal with people who inflate their scores because "OMG MULTIPLAYER" is awesome? I don't fucking care about the multiplayer. I'd likely play each match type once through and never touch it again. I don't believe reviews should have to be anything beyond a persons opinion - and if in their opinion multiplayer is boring and redundant, then I don't feel they should have to go any further into discussion of it. Don't like it, find another review. It's really that simple.

I can't believe people are actually getting upset by this. We all know GPS hates the xbox and all things related to it. This guy doesn't so much review games as he does mock them. He mocks every game, even the ones he likes (see: Psychonauts). He mocked Bioshock which I think should or will be GOTY. Seriously, he gives shit to EVERY game.

I liked the Halo 3 review because I think the Halo craze has gone way out of proportion. It's ALMOST as if there's no choice to like or ignore halo 3. The previous two games were hyped up, sure, but you could get away from the hype by looking at other games or something. I feel like Halo 3 is being crammed down my throat. I can understand seeing it plastered all over the XBL marketplace since it's their biggest seller. I can understand the big-ass posters and banners about Halo 3 that are draped all about my local game store. But when I can't go to SEVEN-FUCKING-ELEVEN and not see "the Chief", something inside me just snaps.

Also, it blows my mind how much useless junk they came out with for this game. Seriously, as far as merchandising is concerned, Halo is approaching Pokemon levels. Keychains, pins, t-shirts, hats...it's ridiculous all the garbage that I see for a video game. I've been playing video games all my life, and yet somehow, seeing this craze, it makes me want to cry. I can only take solace in the fact that the hype will die down sometime in february, and will stay at a dull roar until Halo 4 comes out. We all know Halo 4 will happen; it's simply a matter of time.

So... I should just deal with people who inflate their scores because "OMG MULTIPLAYER" is awesome? I don't fucking care about the multiplayer. I'd likely play each match type once through and never touch it again. I don't believe reviews should have to be anything beyond a persons opinion - and if in their opinion multiplayer is boring and redundant, then I don't feel they should have to go any further into discussion of it. Don't like it, find another review. It's really that simple.

Hmm... Then maybe you shouldn't play halo? But a biased review is biased. It's like playing Super smash bros saying OMG CAMPAIGN SUCKS LOLZ and not touching multi player when that is where the game excels. And yes your right, beyond a persons opinion. But hmm who can FORM an opinion from not trying it? That's like if your GPS and form opinions before playing games.

Hmm... Then maybe you shouldn't play halo? But a biased review is biased. It's like playing Super smash bros saying OMG CAMPAIGN SUCKS LOLZ and not touching multi player when that is where the game excels. And yes your right, beyond a persons opinion. But hmm who can FORM an opinion from not trying it? That's like if your GPS and form opinions before playing games.

He never said he didn't try it. He just never went into any depth about it during the review. I don't understand why he should when he didn't care for it. I also don't see how it was a biased review. Yahtzee rags on EVERY game. Even ones he actually likes. And as far as me liking Halo: I actually LIKED Halo. The original game was prett damn fun. Halo 2 sucked copious amounts of cock, but then we all know that.

Hmm... Then maybe you shouldn't play halo? But a biased review is biased. It's like playing Super smash bros saying OMG CAMPAIGN SUCKS LOLZ and not touching multi player when that is where the game excels.

thats probably the best point anyone in this thread has made.