Accelerated Evolution

Eternal Sonata

Galkar

So how is this game? I've been thinking of picking up a new RPG for a while since it's been so long since I've played one and this one looks pretty cool and got solid reviews, but it would be nice to hear some opinions from people who aren't being payed to talk about the game.

Also I'm an enormous Chopin fan.

It's worth a rent. The first few hours and chapters are great, but right from the Chapter 5 boss the already convoluted story is rushed with almost no answers given at the end. You'll be able to beat it in about 20 or so hours depending if you tackle the optional dungeon, and most of that time will be spent watching cutscenes.

BD seemed more like a chore to me. I was so amazingly bored ten hours into it.

Ditto. I DL'ed the demo and I was bored after 30 mins. I really wanted to like it, given my former love of Final Fantasy, and my enjoyment of Toriyama's character designs.

Is it just me, or do the Eternal Sonata character designs look a little too last gen? I'm serious; it looked like a really good PS2 RPG, but not so much a 2nd-gen 360 RPG.

Ditto. I DL'ed the demo and I was bored after 30 mins. I really wanted to like it, given my former love of Final Fantasy, and my enjoyment of Toriyama's character designs.

Is it just me, or do the Eternal Sonata character designs look a little too last gen? I'm serious; it looked like a really good PS2 RPG, but not so much a 2nd-gen 360 RPG.

Huh? You mean aesthetically? It looks a LOT better then any PS2 game I own...