Accelerated Evolution

Wii games for the non-gamer

Galkar

Ever since I lost my Wii I've pretty much stopped following Wii games, and so know very little about what is out for the system. My dad on the other hand just got a Wii, but the only game he has for it is Zelda which is not a good game for someone who has never really played any video games like him. Do you guys have any ideas for what games to suggest for a non-gamer? I know there must be plenty what with Nintendo's whole thing about attracting a new market, I just don't know what they are.

Do you guys have any ideas for what games to suggest for a non-gamer? I know there must be plenty what with Nintendo's whole thing about attracting a new market, I just don't know what they are.

All of them. With the exception of Prime 3, Zelda, and RE4, just about every game on the Wii can be played by anyone.

Seriously though, Mini-game games are good for the non-gamer. These would include: Wario Ware (as mentioned), Mario Party 8, WiiSports (a given since it comes with the system), WiiPlay (which he should have if he has a second wiimote), and the new Big Brain Academy game on Wii.

I've noticed this pattern with every non-gamer I know who owns a Wii. They prefer the shorter games akin to anything on the internet made by Popcap -- something simple, quick, with a very flat learning curve.