Mary Fulbrook -- A Concise History of Germany

Edward W. Said -- Orientalism

David E. Stannard -- American Holocaust

Franz Fanon -- The Wretched of the Earth

Paulo Freire -- Pedagogy of the Oppressed

Chalmers Johnson -- Nemesis: The Last Days of the American Republic

Linda Hogan -- The Woman Who Watches over the World

Edward Brathwaite -- The Arrivants

EDIT: Great thread, in case you can't tell I love books.

Honestly, I'm not sure we really need this thread. Isn't the "what are you reading" one enough?

However, I'm willing to give this a chance. If it doesn't pick up, though, I will consider merging/deleting.

Just a heads up.

Honestly, I'm not sure we really need this thread. Isn't the "what are you reading" one enough?

However, I'm willing to give this a chance. If it doesn't pick up, though, I will consider merging/deleting.

Just a heads up.

Well, there is a "last DVD purchased or downloaded" thread, and a "what movie did you watch last" thread. I mean, I don't intend to read all of those books, even before the year is out.

In before "Moderator oppression in TV, M & B forums?" thread! :awesome:

I'm with CF on this. If we're allowed to do this for movies we should allow it for books as well.

Well, there is a "last DVD purchased or downloaded" thread, and a "what movie did you watch last" thread. I mean, I don't intend to read all of those books, even before the year is out.

In before "Moderator oppression in TV, M & B forums?" thread! :awesome:

I'm with CF on this. If we're allowed to do this for movies we should allow it for books as well.

Points well taken. I'm not trying to abuse my powers, only to try and do some cleanup of redundant threads.

Here's another idea: I feel like we've got an awful lot of the "what ____ did you buy last" threads, could we maybe consolodate them into one shiny new "what book/DVD did you buy last" thread? Would this be more to you guys' liking?

Points well taken. I'm not trying to abuse my powers, only to try and do some cleanup of redundant threads.

Here's another idea: I feel like we've got an awful lot of the "what ____ did you buy last" threads, could we maybe consolodate them into one shiny new "what book/DVD did you buy last" thread? Would this be more to you guys' liking?

It would work, but then we'd have one very active topic instead of two. Most of the "what did/are you __?" threads on AE are the most active threads on the boards they are placed in.

I think leaving well enough alone would work out right now long as it just stays with one book and one movie thread. Now if it gets to the point where we have "What comic book did you last buy?" or "what tv show did you last watch?" then there would be a need for pruning the threads. But as it stands both threads work and are pretty active, especially this one which started only yesterday. :headbang:

Tell me how the Satanic Bible is, I've been interested in it for awhile.

I read 80 pages into it yesterday. It's really interested, even though I'm pretty sure LeVay faked his bio. Some of it makes applicable sense, thus far. I got it for like 8 or 9 bucks, so if you're interested go to a bookstore and flip through it.

I kind wanna get this but I already have loads of stuff to read.

I was given Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson and Prometheus Rising as a gift from one very wonderful AE member.

Today I bought A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby, and a wee book of Rudyard Kipling's stories. I love to read them out loud. So cute and dreamy.

I bought all 3 His Dark Materials books combined into one book earlier this week. I also just had a compilation of Nietzsche's writings, including The Anti-Christ and Twilight of the Idols and this book called The Artist's Way aside at Barnes & Nobles. The latter is supposed to get your creative juices flowing, so to speak.

Going Postal by Terry Pratchett, Tales of the Bounty Hunters edited by Kevin J. Anderson and The Best of Lovecraft by... H.P. Lovecraft. I am quite excited for all of these books.

also

Got Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson last week at a book fair for less then 50 cents. Now I just need to read the other books that I got before it

great book.

Because of the three day say they were having at Borders, I bought I Am America (and so can you!) by Steven Colbert and The Know-It-All by A.J. Jacobs. I should've gotten Being and Nothingness or one random Philip K. Dick book as well, but I have no monies