Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
FaultyClockwork

Last BOOK purchased or rented

Barron's Regents Exams and Answers: Math B, Third Reich Victorious: Ten Dynamic Scenarios in Which Hitlers Wins the War by various authors, edited by Peter G. Tsouras and The Portable Atheist, compiled and introduced by Christopher Hitchens.

The Book Thief

And though I haven't bought it, I read Lamb: the Gospel according to Biff, Christ's childhhod pal

Its actually quite good. I might reccomend it to my religion teachers (the cooler two, anyway.) Its partly farce, but it does provide an interesting interpretation of Jesus' message that isn't too bad.

Oh man, I just bought a TON of books...

Ursula K. Le Guin -- Always Coming Home (amazing book, check it out)

Steven Erikson -- Deadhouse Gates (friend recommended it to me)

Thomas Pynchon -- V

Alexandre Dumas -- The Three Musketeers

Neil Gaiman -- Stardust

Ursula K. Le Guin -- A Wizard of Earthsea, The Tombs of Atuan, The Farthest Shore, and Tehanu

The Portable Milton (a collection that includes Paradise Lost, Paradise Regained, Samson Agonistes, Comus, and Areopagitica, among others)

Richard Paul Russo -- Ship of Fools

Susanna Clark -- Johnathan Strange and Mr. Norell

E.R. Eddison -- The Worm Ouroboros

Yeah. Hooray for gift cards to used bookstores.

Borrowing the Moon is a Harsh Mistress from Scott. I'm scared to read it.

if you havent read it yet read it mofo

No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy

Oil! by Upton Sinclair

Time Enough for Love by Robert A. Heinlein

Nick Bantock's A Morning Star

Nick Hornby's A Long Way Down

Douglas Coupland's Eleanor Rigby

Worlds That Weren't, short stories by various science fiction authors

Chuck Klosterman IV

We Need To Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver

Atheist Manifesto by Michael Onfray (It has a Stephen Colbert quote on the cover lol)

The Myth of Sisyphus and other essays by Albert Camus, translated by Justin O'Brien

The Portable Nietzche, containing Twilight of the Idols, The Antichrist, Nietzsche Contra Wagner and Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Friedrich Nietzsche, translated and edited by Walter Kaufmann

Being and Nothingness by Jean-Paul Sartre, translated by Hazel E. Barnes

Just some light reading, really.

Is it just me or is this somewhat redundant given the stickied "what are you reading" thread?

Anywho.

I really need to get some more Cyberpunk. I loved Snow Crash (mostly for the characters) and need to read more.

Is it just me or is this somewhat redundant given the stickied "what are you reading" thread?

Anywho.

I really need to get some more Cyberpunk. I loved Snow Crash (mostly for the characters) and need to read more.

I don't think so because just like the what DVDs have you purchased or DLed you can buy more then one book and not be reading them all at once which most of the avid readers here do.

Anywho.

Snow Crash isn't too representative about what cyberpunk is about. Another book by the same author that you might like is the Diamond Age. Like Snow Crash but not as funny.

I love cyberpunk. It's probably my favorite "genre" of sf.

not really purchased. The English office gave out free books earlier this week

I got

Hocus Pocus, Galapagos, Slapstick all by Vonnegut (I took Jalibird but later gave it away)

Catch 22

The Sound and the Fury

The Crying of lot 49 by Thomas Pynchon

I picked up the sexy Barnes & Noble specific edition of The Complete Works Of Lewis Carroll. The only thing it's missing is the illustrations for The Hunting Of The Snark, but for $20, it's nice as hell.

I bought William Gibson's Count Zero and Mona Lisa Overdrive so I can finish reading the Sprawl trilogy. Also got Do Anroids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick on Satan's suggestion and The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Robert A. Heinlein off Buki's suggestion and that of this dude from Facebook. Last week I bought Man, State, and Society in the Soviet Union by various authors, edited by Joseph L. Nogee for fifty cents at this charity organization my brother is doing his community hours at.

I bought William Gibson's Count Zero and Mona Lisa Overdrive so I can finish reading the Sprawl trilogy. Also got Do Anroids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick on Satan's suggestion and The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Robert A. Heinlein off Buki's suggestion and that of this dude from Facebook. Last week I bought Man, State, and Society in the Soviet Union by various authors, edited by Joseph L. Nogee for fifty cents at this charity organization my brother is doing his community hours at.

excellent. (I was going to type more, but I realized that you know what I think about it.)

:hardgay:

I forgot to mention that I ordered I, Robot off of Amazon.com today. I could have bought it at Barnes & Noble, but I didn't want a copy with Will Smith on the front. :awesome: