Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
FaultyClockwork

Last BOOK purchased or rented

Will Smith on the cover is probably the only reason i'd be getting I, Robot in the first place...

Anyway, I bought "The Cats Cradle" by Kurt Vonnegut

I dislike Will Smith. Ironically, the copy that came had him on the cover. :awesome:

Anyway, my copy of The Books of the South by Glen Cook came. The fourt, fifth and sixth books written for Glen Cook's The Black Company series.

EDIT: I bought the World of Darkness manual.

More classic literature:

Bram Stoker - Dracula

Joesph Conrad - Heart Of Darkness

Franz Kafka - The Metamorphosis and Other Stories

Edgar Allen Poe - The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe

All in hardback, except for the Poe collection which is leatherbound. I need to get into modern literature, everything I own is classic save a book my girlfriend bought me and a book my old chem teacher wrote a couple years back :/

I'm pretty balanced, but I own a lot of classics from having to read them for University. Actually, all I have been reading is cannonical lit even after school's been out.

Anyway, I have that Kafka book to read still, and I've read Heart of Darkness thrice. The third time was the only time I actually liked it; it's heavy stuff.

Nice. I've been trying to read through the Kafka collection on at first I was really struggling to understand it. Then I read the foreword and I understood it. I understood that it's written in such a way that it's not actually supposed to be made sense of. The way it's described is a total mindfuck, not to mention absolute genius. I intended to read Heart of Darkness next along with picking and choosing works from the Poe book I picked up. I was reading through The Divine Comedy and the verse is hard to read in large doses so I got these books to balance it out. At very least I'll have alot to read over summer.

More classic literature:

Bram Stoker - Dracula

Joesph Conrad - Heart Of Darkness

Franz Kafka - The Metamorphosis and Other Stories

Edgar Allen Poe - The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe

All in hardback, except for the Poe collection which is leatherbound. I need to get into modern literature, everything I own is classic save a book my girlfriend bought me and a book my old chem teacher wrote a couple years back :/

All truly excellent reads.

Although, I must admit that I like "Dracula" a good deal more than its quality actually merits.

i purchased a lot lately....

requiem by RAH

dracula by bram stoker

candide by voltaire

moby dick by herman mellvile

but the most recent was...

slaughterhouse-five by vonnegut

which i am ready right now :D

hmm forgot about this thread

Brave New World

the Catcher in the Rye

Win.

Speaking of Salinger my girlfriend is picking me up Nine Stories.

* In the Palace of the King by F. Marion Crawford

* A Spell for Chameleon by Piers Anthony

* Crewel Lye: A Caustic Yarn by Piers Anthony

* Dragon on a Pedestal by Piers Anthony

* Ogre, Ogre by Piers Anthony

* The Source of Magic by Piers Anthony

* Vale of the Vole by Piers Anthony

* Stork Naked by Piers Anthony

* Golem in the Gears by Piers Anthony

Om nom nom~ :D

So, Foldered. I'm at about page 40 and so far it's been describing the roots and basic principles of Anarchism through examination and quotes of important texts. My understanding thus far is that the book is supposed to be an introduction and overview of Anarchist thought, which the author does in part by quoting and pulling together various influences and texts.

I also just bought:

Ayn Rand- Anthem (yay for humoring SD)

Robert A. Heinlein- The Door Into Summer

Noam Chomsky- Chomsky on Anarchism

While I was at the book store, my mom also bought me a 2009 James Bond calender. :3

My girlfriend bought me The Catcher In The Rye [Hard back] the other day since they don't carry Nine Stories in any of the locations near us in hard back. I love me some Salinger. I've been thumbing through some eBooks I downloaded recently; Brave New World & Atlas Shrugged [Yes, I caught a bit of the dialogue in the SD&D thread and it piqued my interest.] if I like what I read to a degree I'll go ahead and make the purchase. I just have a few books still on my shelf that I need to finish so, I'll hold off on reading those eBooks for a while and once I get to them maybe I'll make some more purchases.

My girlfriend bought me The Catcher In The Rye [Hard back] the other day since they don't carry Nine Stories in any of the locations near us in hard back. I love me some Salinger. I've been thumbing through some eBooks I downloaded recently; Brave New World & Atlas Shrugged [Yes, I caught a bit of the dialogue in the SD&D thread and it piqued my interest.] if I like what I read to a degree I'll go ahead and make the purchase. I just have a few books still on my shelf that I need to finish so, I'll hold off on reading those eBooks for a while and once I get to them maybe I'll make some more purchases.

The Catcher in the Rye is awesome. I related with the main character a lot and I loved the symbolism.

I am reading Moon is a Harsh Mistress now but I also bought Brave New World and will be reading that after.

それいぬ - novala takemoto

it's a lot easier for me to read a Japanese novel than I imagined.

Hopefully I can brush up on my bungo and read Yoshiya Nobuko. mwahaha

Alice in Wonderland and Through the looking Glass...fucking mindtrip.

Good man. First book I bought for myself was a Lewis Carroll anthology. Great stuff.

Alright, so I bought a bunch of books online last week. They should be here in 2 weeks if I'm lucky, but yeah, I got:

"Slow Learner: Early Stories"- by Thomas Pynchon

"House of Incest"- by Anais Nin (not actually about incest)

"Invisible Cities"- by Italo Calvino

"If On a Winter's Night a Traveler" by Italo Calvino

"I And Thou"- by Martin Buber

"Collected Fictions" by Jorge Luis Borges

"Fear and Trembling" by Søren Kierkegaard

So yeah, we've got a mixture of abstractish fiction and Judeo-Christian existentialism.