Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
FaultyClockwork

Last BOOK purchased or rented

Wild Fermentation by Sandor Ellix Katz

I am just finishing his book "The Revolution Will Not Be Microwaved," a damned fabulous activist/history/informational book. So I thought I'd check out his older book that is basically about making your own miso and pickles. Can't wait to make some kimchee and learn the history behind it! Hahaha

Other than that, I'll be checking out the next few Runelords books as soon as I finish the first one. Should be a pretty :headbang: series

"If On a Winter's Night a Traveler" by Italo Calvino

My single favorite novel besides 1984 of all time. A fabulous choice. Fabulous

Anime: From Akira to Howl's Moving Castle by Susan J. Napier

Its a serious sociological and cultural analysis of anime and its different genres No, really!

If I recall correctly, I read an earlier edition of that book freshman year of High School.

I remember liking it quite a bit, although my taste in academic literature was pretty undeveloped back then.

David Hume- A Treatise of Human Nature

Immanuel Kant- Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals

Aristotle- Nichomachean Ethics

John Stuart Mill and Jeremy Bentham- Utilitarianism and Other Essays (Penguin Classics compilation)

Art Jarvis- International Politics

Prof. Stephen M. Saidemen- POLI-244 State Behaviour: Introduction to International Relations course packet

Daniela Isac and Charles Reiss- I-Language: An Introduction to Linguistics as Cognitive Science

Oh required readings, you and your exhorbent costs. :awesome:

My gf and I decided to go the Philly cause the beach was supposed to get rained out. I walked out with a paperback edition of Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged. Read nearly the first chapter on the train ride home but I was dead tired so I'll be reading it on the bus to and from school for the next couple weeks.

My gf and I decided to go the Philly cause the beach was supposed to get rained out. I walked out with a paperback edition of Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged. Read nearly the first chapter on the train ride home but I was dead tired so I'll be reading it on the bus to and from school for the next couple weeks.

That is on my reading list, tell me how you like it.

That is on my reading list, tell me how you like it.

Might be a few weeks, but you bet. If you like I have a PDF of it that I can PM you and that way it's free.

Yeah it's hard on my eyes, that's why I just bought the fucking thing. I can tell I'll enjoy it enough to feel like my money was well spent at the very least. I just don't have to paper, ink or eyesight to burn through all 1200 pages. I can't attach files to PMs somehow, so I'll attach it here.

I also have Brave New World and J.D. Salinger's entire catalog if you're interested and short on cash.

Atlas_Shrugged___Ayn_Rand.pdf

Yeah it's hard on my eyes, that's why I just bought the fucking thing. I can tell I'll enjoy it enough to feel like my money was well spent at the very least. I just don't have to paper, ink or eyesight to burn through all 1200 pages. I can't attach files to PMs somehow, so I'll attach it here.

I also have Brave New World and J.D. Salinger's entire catalog if you're interested and short on cash.

Wow, dude I just read Brave New World. Great, great book.

Bought Atlas Shrugged since the PDF was blinding me and i had to zoom to read, only 8 bucks. I'm 100 pages in it looks like I have read nothing. 970 pages left.

Hahahah. So the PDF bested you as well? It really is a pain in the ass. It's easier to do with short stories and such. That's why I just buckled under and bought it. Man you're farther than me and I've been reading it longer than you lol.

I'm on page 90 something so I'm not too far behind. It's the part where they're giving the background information on Fransisco d'Anconia's relation to the Taggerts' when they were younger.

Just after where the People's State of Mexico found out they got fucked on d'Anconia's mines.

Hahahah. So the PDF bested you as well? It really is a pain in the ass. It's easier to do with short stories and such. That's why I just buckled under and bought it. Man you're farther than me and I've been reading it longer than you lol.

I'm on page 90 something so I'm not too far behind. It's the part where they're giving the background information on Fransisco d'Anconia's relation to the Taggerts' when they were younger.

Just after where the People's State of Mexico found out they got fucked on d'Anconia's mines.

Dude Frisco is awesome, oh and Dagny is rumored to being played by Angelina Jolie. I don't picture Angelina Jolie looking at all like what I imagine Dagny like. Then again if they make her look really harsh it might work.

HIST-249 Health and the Healer in Western History by Professor Faith Wallis.

And at the book store I picked it up at, I bought used copies of The Genealogy of Morals and Ecce Homo by Nietzsche, compiled in one book, and Existentialism and Human Emotions by Jean-Paul Sartre for ~$15 Canadian!

Notes From Underground is really good.

I'm only a bit into it and love it already.

I also just bought a collection of Marquis de Sade's writing, including Justine, Philosophy in the Bedroom and Dialogue Between a Priest and a Dying Man. I forgot to mention, too, that I have my course packet and text book for my Intro to Sikhism class. It's actually really interesting.