Accelerated Evolution

Real Cuban health care

Well, that's not why I posted this, really. I posted this because a lot of people who think Micheal Moore is an asshole still believe Cuba is some kind of worker's paradise and that their health care system actually takes care of everyone.

Well I don't think showing them a report from Fox News is going to change their minds... unless they're conservative.

Well, that's not why I posted this, really. I posted this because a lot of people who think Micheal Moore is an asshole still believe Cuba is some kind of worker's paradise and that their health care system actually takes care of everyone.

And yet they're still doing better than they were under the U.S. or Spain...

I'm not saying they weren't, because I don't really know, but I too would like source, and also would like to point out that that really isn't very relevant to the fact that they're an oppressed people suffering under a regime that claims to offer free health care but really doesn't offer much of even the most basic necessities, and then lies about it to the rest of the world and pretends they have a wonderful health care system. This is about showing the truth of the matter. They have nothing to idealize.

Health care in the US is seriously fucked, but nothing like as fucked as Cuba.

The US trade embargo on Cuba is probably as effective at screwing Cubans as if we just bombed them every week or so.

Maybe they shouldn't have revolted?

Maybe they shouldn't have allied with he Soviet Union?

But I'd rather send support to Cuba than to North Korea, those communist pigs should starve to death until they overthrow their dictator... in my opinion...

Maybe they shouldn't have revolted?

Yeah, god damn those people, trying to exercise their own rights... I fucking hate it when countries do that. Oh wait, actually I love that, and I happen to live in a country where that happened. :whistling:

Maybe they shouldn't have allied with he Soviet Union?

...and then allying with the only people who would have anything to do with them? If they hadn't allied with the Soviet Union, the U.S. would have just invaded them. And then instead of having trouble with healthcare because they have no money (or because they're evil, if you prefer that line of thinking) they'd have trouble with healthcare because they'd all be dead.

I love how GPS is totally into self determination of smaller countries as long as its self determination he agrees with.

I'm not going to find a source for the "they weren't better off under the U.S." comment as it was mostly a joke, I don't really know. I suspect it's true because, well, it was basically one giant sugar plantation until the U.S. turned it into one giant version of Las Vegas. That's certainly one reason cited for the revolution, American tourists gambling and basking in opulence in Havana while people subsisted working long hours at sugar plantations just outside the city.

People in North Korea have enough problems, anyway. But denying them aid isn't necessarily going to bring down Kim Jong Il. For all we know, it could band the country together in hardship...

I'm not going to find a source for the "they weren't better off under the U.S." comment as it was mostly a joke, I don't really know. I suspect it's true because, well, it was basically one giant sugar plantation until the U.S. turned it into one giant version of Las Vegas. That's certainly one reason cited for the revolution, American tourists gambling and basking in opulence in Havana while people subsisted working long hours at sugar plantations just outside the city.

They are probably much worse off without the massive tourist industry they tossed away. We Liberated them from the oppressive Spanish and almost left them alone for 50 years, then we try and build industry that probably not benefit right away but in the long run it'd have a positive effect.

People in North Korea have enough problems, anyway. But denying them aid isn't necessarily going to bring down Kim Jong Il. For all we know, it could band the country together in hardship...

Most of them just follow him to get fed, if the food disappears... so does he.

Yeah, god damn those people, trying to exercise their own rights... I fucking hate it when countries do that. Oh wait, actually I love that, and I happen to live in a country where that happened. :whistling:

...and then allying with the only people who would have anything to do with them? If they hadn't allied with the Soviet Union, the U.S. would have just invaded them. And then instead of having trouble with healthcare because they have no money (or because they're evil, if you prefer that line of thinking) they'd have trouble with healthcare because they'd all be dead.

I love how GPS is totally into self determination of smaller countries as long as its self determination he agrees with.

Wait what are you talking about. We helped Cuba and get Fidel in power, we helped wtfpwn Batista and then Fidel douched out and was like OMG NO NOW IM A DICK TATER!

Cubans hate Fidel. What do you mean we would have invaded them? We helped them, they had to turn all communist on us and ally with fucking Russia. Russia needed Cuba, a close ally to America on a small island. A perfect place for a quick nuclear assault.

Wait what are you talking about. We helped Cuba and get Fidel in power, we helped wtfpwn Batista and then Fidel douched out and was like OMG NO NOW IM A DICK TATER!

Cubans hate Fidel. What do you mean we would have invaded them? We helped them, they had to turn all communist on us and ally with fucking Russia. Russia needed Cuba, a close ally to America on a small island. A perfect place for a quick nuclear assault.

We didn't help get Castro in power, are you on drugs? Casro lead a rebellion against the United States in the 50's.....

I'm not sure Cubans hate Fidel, I've heard he is a very charismatic speaker and he motivates the system. Do you have any sources for claiming they hate him?

Not true... the only reason Russia needed Cuba could be a quick tactical strike designed to take out our big missiles. At that point be both had missiles that could reach anywhere on the planet. The differences in power was that we had short range missiles in Europe and subs in the med that could hit Russia in minutes. Russia had nothing of the sort.

We didn't help get Castro in power, are you on drugs? Casro lead a rebellion against the United States in the 50's.....

I'm not sure Cubans hate Fidel, I've heard he is a very charismatic speaker and he motivates the system. Do you have any sources for claiming they hate him?

Not true... the only reason Russia needed Cuba could be a quick tactical strike designed to take out our big missiles. At that point be both had missiles that could reach anywhere on the planet. The differences in power was that we had short range missiles in Europe and subs in the med that could hit Russia in minutes. Russia had nothing of the sort.

Pretty positive we supported Castro in the Rebellion and gave him arms.

Although being crazy is another option since I often confuse different parts in history.

The Cubans who immigrated to the United States and live in Florida usually have nothing positive to say about Castro.

That's what I heard.

Oh and I just did some research because I thought I remembered us helping the rebellion. Because after all we didn't support Batista.

From Wikipedia.

Batista named Gen. Eulogio Cantillo Chief of the Army and gave him instructions not to release Barquin and his officers. Nevertheless, Barquin, who had the backing of the US, was rescued from Isla de Pinos in the early hours and taken to Campamento Ciudad Militar Columbia where he relieved Cantillo and assumed the post of Chief of Staff