Accelerated Evolution

Alicia is looking for answers.

It occurred to me last night that I know nothing. :mellow:

Example- Corey pulls me aside to tell me that these guys we just meant just want to use me and I shouldn't give them the time of day. Thing is, I didn't even think they liked me. Apparently Corey swears they do.

Now, AE is predominently male, so I ask you-

If you were dating/hanging out with a girl, how long would you wait before making an obvious move? Are there subtle hints you would do instead?

Totally depends on the person, it's hard to say.

For my part, I'd only try it if there had been some serious chemistry going on -- but I generally refuse to "ask girls out" in the traditional manner.

A lot of my friends would try something as soon as possible, though, so as to avoid the pain of waiting, I guess. I, personally, think it's better to get to know someone before you commit to awkwardness like that. :awesome:

Well, while I've never really asked anyone out, I've still been able to land a year-long serious relationship. Of course, you know how all that turned out, so I won't bother saying more. But in my experience, I find that I often have to wait to make my move until I'm absolutely sure the person in question likes or will like me back. Otherwise it wouldn't be worth my time.

Well, while I've never really asked anyone out, I've still been able to land a year-long serious relationship. Of course, you know how all that turned out, so I won't bother saying more. But in my experience, I find that I often have to wait to make my move until I'm absolutely sure the person in question likes or will like me back. Otherwise it wouldn't be worth my time.

Hey, that's pretty much what I did (and it also ended badly!). Woooh!

Women are typically confusing and I fear them.

tr00th.

If you were dating/hanging out with a girl, how long would you wait before making an obvious move? Are there subtle hints you would do instead?

Personally, I like to make my intentions known on the outset. Nothing frustrates and pisses me off more than the fucking mindgames men and women play with each other. If I like you, I'll make it a point to let you know. Often, I'll blurt it out thoughtlessly.

But I'm not your typical male, either.

What's obvious to us isn't obvious to you. For example it's extremely common for males to punch, push, or jokingly be violent with women they're attracted to, while chicks typically get pissed off about this.

Personally I wait about a week or so after first meeting a girl before making any moves. And once I do, I start extremely obvious and then move back down to subtle, that way if they're not into me or a relationship or whatever excuse they come up with it's quick to shelve things aside and just be friends.

However once a girl becomes on friend status, I never move them up ever again. No matter what she does. But hey, that's me.

What's obvious to us isn't obvious to you. For example it's extremely common for males to punch, push, or jokingly be violent with women they're attracted to, while chicks typically get pissed off about this.

emot-psyduck.gif You've gotta be kidding me. I've NEVER seen a guy playfully hit a girl to show he's interested. This kinda makes male play-wrestling or jostling even more homoerotic than it was, somehow.

For me, it's all about body posture. I can totally read guys who are interested in someone by the way they have this possessive/purposely suave body posture when they lean against something.

emot-psyduck.gif You've gotta be kidding me. I've NEVER seen a guy playfully hit a girl to show he's interested. This kinda makes male play-wrestling or jostling even more homoerotic than it was, somehow.

For me, it's all about body posture. I can totally read guys who are interested in someone by the way they have this possessive/purposely suave body posture when they lean against something.

I agree totally with both things you've said.

I love you.

:awesome:

EDIT: And I always have a fairly suave posture, and I always lean, so that doesn't really work.

Oh, I like you too, but just as a friend. I'm really sorry. :( You're a nice guy and all, but-- (insert excuse we women use when we're thinking 'ewww, omg he's interested in me?!')

/gets shot by all the guys on the forum/

Yeah, so you say, but pay attention when you're flustered or trying to get some tail. It's like some internal masculine predatory/defense mechanism. Guys will like.. randomly lean against something when talking to the girl. Like he's trying to make himself look bigger. XD Or he puts his hands in his pockets. Or he rests his elbow on a table and cock his head. The entire body posture will *change* from how he sits around his friends, versus the lady/guy he's trying to nail.

You just don't think it applies to you because you want to think you're not victim to your body's natural mechanisms. :P Trust me, women have their own. I should totally school you in the way we sit when we're REALLY interested in what you have to say and are open to being courted, or if we're REALLY sitting there to be polite and actually fantasizing about punching you in the face to make you stop going on and on about your penis/ego and making a quick exit.

Edit: Though there totally are exceptions ;)

Oh, I like you too, but just as a friend. I'm really sorry. :( You're a nice guy and all, but-- (insert excuse we women use when we're thinking 'ewww, omg he's interested in me?!')

/gets shot by all the guys on the forum/

Yeah, so you say, but pay attention when you're flustered or trying to get some tail. It's like some internal masculine predatory/defense mechanism. Guys will like.. randomly lean against something when talking to the girl. Like he's trying to make himself look bigger. XD Or he puts his hands in his pockets. Or he rests his elbow on a table and cock his head. The entire body posture will *change* from how he sits around his friends, versus the lady/guy he's trying to nail.

You just don't think it applies to you because you want to think you're not victim to your body's natural mechanisms. :P Trust me, women have their own. I should totally school you in the way we sit when we're REALLY interested in what you have to say and are open to being courted, or if we're REALLY sitting there to be polite and actually fantasizing about punching you in the face to make you stop going on and on about your penis/ego and making a quick exit.

Edit: Though there totally are exceptions ;)

Go on!

I have a question. What do girls mean when they say someone "used" them? Because most of the time when they say that I don't see how there would have been any opprotunity to use them for anything useful.

Sex my good man sex.

It should be obvious. A lot of girls are oblivious to what is "obvious" from a male perspective, I have found.

I'm sorry this is massively true. When I act myself and am generally just trying to be friends with people. Nearly every girl I have known has honestly thought I was flirting my arse off yet when I really wanted someone and in my eyes was trying to show them/flirt. Didn't pick up on it AT ALL.

But in a more depth answer. It is massively different. If you kinda fall for a friend or someone you have known for awhile genually you take your time about it because of the friendship there it will be a much closer relationship. However if it is a girl you met on the day want to go out on a date simply sex her up with your red throbbing robbing cock rocket or just take her out see where things go. Genually I'll talk with her a for a few hours or so see how things go then simply ask them out for a casual get together sort of thing.

I assure you that J-Stop is rather unique among males I know.

:laugh: That wasn't J-Stop.

Ok, so we go to the concert, and we're standing in line. I start jumping around, because well, as usual it's freezing out. Now, he's played at this venue before, so he goes to see if he can get in the other door and we can wait inside. He tells me to wait there, and that's not a big deal for me because I'm kind of used to it. (My ex was a security guard. I got left lots of random places.) Well, after he leaves these other guys behind me start saying pretty loudly, "I can't believe he just left her there!" (I was kinda the only girl in the line, except for one way at the front with her bf.) He wasn't out of earshot yet, and turned around, grabbed my belt loop, and told me to come with him. So anytime we moved around after that, he would do the same thing. This leads me to think it's one of those possessive things, but rather than just staying with me the entire time, he did leave and come back. (He saw an old friend and went to chat with them, and it might have been a little my fault because he did say he wasn't going to go up front until Saosin came on, and I was up front the entire time because I'm stubborn like that.)

Then, on the way home he kept falling asleep. (He was trying really hard not to though. It was funny.) Then he left me simply with a "This was a good idea. *Pause* Let me know if you have any other good ideas." and I told him I could probably go to this other concert he asked if I wanted to go to.

He changed shirts in front of me too, which I thought was just.... odd.