Accelerated Evolution

Pushing Daisies

Anyone else watch this show? It's a very fanciful mix of romance and mystery about a guy who makes pies and can touch dead things and bring them back to life, but if he touches them again they're dead forever, though if he lets them live longer than 60 seconds, someone else dies and they keep on living. He and his friend solve mysteries by talking to murder victims, and then they collect the rewards. Ned, the pie maker, ends up bringing his childhood sweetheart back to life after she was murdered, and they carry on an akward romantic life made more akward by the fact that they can't touch, which is remedied at times by things like this. I'm presently addicted to the show, I refuse to do anything else from 8 to 9 on Wednesdays.

I really wanted to like this show because it's from the creator of Dead Like Me, but it just doesn't have the same heart or sense of chemestry between the actors.

Pretty much. Everything is so forced, it's grating. I LOVE the colors, and some of the small set details, but I want to stab cast members. Mind, I adored Amelie, so I thought I'd like this.. and I tried really hard to.. but it didn't float my boat.

I did like Dead Like Me. Didn't know it was the same person.