Accelerated Evolution

another fucking 1am pissed off rant

Ikari Warrior

man, I dated this really cute girl for a week and a half. She told me she just wanted to be friends until she got over her ex. Then she tells me today (well, yesterday technically) that she "Umm, kinda-sorta has a bf now". God damn, fuck her. Why the fuck do I always get these types? These stupid fucking girls who just want a "hang out buddy" until they can find the next guy to get into their pants.

I must just be too fucking nice. that must be fucking it. Every time I treat a girl decent, she just goes off and finds herself a "bad boy" or some stupid fucking shit. Some asswipe who will buy her booze.

What the fuck is it with girls and booze? am I the only person who thinks you don't need alcohol to have a good time? Man, fuck, if she's going to sell out for booze, I don't fucking want her.lzqwcx< me poujnding on keyboard./

it sounds like she just wasn't interested in you, but tried to let you down easy with her line about getting over her ex. it's not really your personality i think, sometimes people just aren't attracted to each other. do you want to date every girl just because she is "nice"?

it sounds like she just wasn't interested in you, but tried to let you down easy with her line about getting over her ex. it's not really your personality i think, sometimes people just aren't attracted to each other. do you want to date every girl just because she is "nice"?

Sage advice, here.

It's very true that just because a girl is nice and likes your company doesn't mean that you should try to win her over.

Being mean to women always works, and this isn't jaded advice either. Letting women in even slightly opens a can of emotional worms, you need to keep all of them at arms length until you get an actual admission of attraction and a 8x10 letterhead paper stating that they like you and want to be more than friends (make sure it's signed, as well) from one of them.

Us guys let our emotions go to women too easily, they love it, it's like having someone in the palm of their hand. Tons of women are able to say they have a certain guy where they want them, but when it comes to guys, we can't really say we have some girl right where we want them; and if you like to think you do, she'll make you regret that you ever manifested the thought.

do you want to date every girl just because she is "nice"?

Finding a nice girl this day and age is a fucking good start, most of you are out of your damn minds.

Thanks folks. I am physically drained from being sad and angry all weekend. So, I'm done with her. My brain was trying to find a way for us to be friends while I got over this, but the fact of the matter is, I can't do that. So, I took her off my buddy list and deleted her number from my cell phone. Complete isolation is the only solution. When she's ready to talk to me, she'll IM me.

And yeah, I was a bit of an idiot. To me it was dating, to her it was probably just "hanging out." But I was trying to send all the "let's be more than friends" signals, and she was ignoring them, deliberately or otherwise.

Anyway, I'm too tired to form a complete argument anymore. I just want to say thanks to y'all for your support, and I think I'm just about over her.

Sage advice, here.

It's very true that just because a girl is nice and likes your company doesn't mean that you should try to win her over.

I don't know how I missed this post last night, but you're absolutely right. That's what I hate about being so smitten. My usually-intelligent self turns joins the "7/10" that are retards, lol.

And about the sexism, well, yeah, there is a bit of that, but I tend to ignore it. That specific girl might have made me feel all angry and depressed, but I won't speak about the gender as a whole. I know there are a lot of nice girls out there, it's simply a matter of finding which ones to befriend, and which ones to actually date.

Sometimes I feel that there is a bit of sexism floating its way around here.

I was just thinking that as well...

Anyway, Shadowcast, I've been through something similar to what you're dealing with and it sucks. Try to get some perspective, though; you're still a rad dude regardless, and whatever she does isn't going to change that.

Haha, thanks, CF. I just hated being in that funk for a whole weekend. Thankfully, I had plans (not including whats-her-face) saturday night, and was able to hang out with one of my friends all day yesterday, so I had a lot of support and distractions to help pull me out of my aggrivated rut.

Despite that chick's best efforts, my weekend wasn't a total waste, and today I am back to my usual cheerful self. Life goes on.

Us guys let our emotions go to women too easily, they love it, it's like having someone in the palm of their hand. Tons of women are able to say they have a certain guy where they want them, but when it comes to guys, we can't really say we have some girl right where we want them; and if you like to think you do, she'll make you regret that you ever manifested the thought.

truth.

So, I'm done with her. My brain was trying to find a way for us to be friends while I got over this, but the fact of the matter is, I can't do that. So, I took her off my buddy list and deleted her number from my cell phone. Complete isolation is the only solution. When she's ready to talk to me, she'll IM me.

Best course of action, if you ask me! ( ^_^)

With age come experience. Hahaha! But yeah. Sometimes it's best to just end something that you have with someone if they don't feel the same way. Sometimes they just want to remain as friends, but no matter how hard you try, you just can't think of that person as "just another fool that I hang out with". You try your hardest not to have feelings, but every time you keep going out your feelings towards that other person remain & will usually get more intense. A lot of people don't realize how much emotional damage is caused by that. It's best to keep away from her before it gets worse. Good thing you already did what you did.

Now, on the other hand, don't be her enemy either. If she wants to stay as friends, that's fine, but keep your distance from her. Try to avoid going out with her as much as possible & don't to talk to her as much. This will only lead to 1 of 2 things:

1. She'll suddenly realize that you were probably the nice guy that she was looking for & she'll start looking for you again.

2. She'll just end up forgetting about you.

As blunt as #2 sounds, that's life. But yeah. I always tell people not to get stuck on someone. This usually eliminates the possibilities of meeting other people & maybe even meeting someone that's a hell of a lot better, although at that moment in time, you can't imagine anyone better than the last person you were with. With time, you'll get over it & you will say, "Damn!! That crazy ass fool Anime Gee was right! This new chick is like a million times better than the other one!" Hahaha! (^o^ ) <3

But yeah. It looks like you already read my mind & did what I was going to post, hence the simple reply that I posted. ( ^_^)

It's a forum populated by a lot of men... most of whom have been let down by women the hard way. It might be wrong, but I wouldn't expect anything else.

Dunno about this. I've had my heart broken, but I just took it as a learning experience and move on. I'm not bitter, and I'm grateful they didn't string me along. (I took time away from the dating world to find myself. Once you're confident who you are, it's easier to find someone to compliment that. If you try to find someone who will bring out the best of you, that grows into emotional dependency, and that will fuck you over, especially when you're young.)

Why do you guys hold onto this stuff? I know a lot of other guys who cope and dont' discriminate against women in general because the ones they've chosen happened to be dead-ends.