Accelerated Evolution

Assassin's Creed

stranger

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually that makes more sense than having a super-human Assassin running from a bunch of guards. This game just got a lot more tempting, I wasn't going to get it because I'd just go play Oblivion if I wanted the perfect fantasy RPG. This will probably introduce a lot more interesting elements than just a really good Assassin

Why are you people so Whiny?

I can't believe you even have to ask that when we all stated it in our posts.

It's a copout.

Why?!

"The hero isn't real!"

He was never real!

This introduces something interesting, I always thought of this game as Price of Persia without the magic... and thus didn't make sense. Now that it adds this new level... imagine what your character will beable to do because it's a simulation, and imagine now what has to be the ultimate goal of this series... to bring those ancient Assassin skills into the real world. This game just became interesting to me.

1UP gave it a 7.0 ... that's a pretty shitty review

oh yes we should always leave it to the reviewers..and this comin from a guy that says Smash Bros. Brawl, is getting stupid from catering to the fans.

Anyway, back on topic, I will play the game granted when I get a Ps3 or 360, but the whole simulation gig, is jus lame to me, I know that it may have a decent story surrounding the .."oh I have a recessant ancestral gene as an assassin and you can't force me to use it"., the one aspect that intrests me are the people he kills in the game, aren't they like historical figures during the actual time period he's in?

I think you missed my point...

I probably did in my half-asleep-still-waiting-for-coffee state. I thought you were trying to say that the game was conveying that Altair seemed superhuman, but now being that's it's really a simulation, the powers made sense... or something. All the simulation really is, is a just a guy forced to retrace his ancestors steps. All the super human like qualities Altair had were with him back when the real events were going on, apparently.

It's not hard to make the connection (like you said before) that

the company probably is doing this to train your character to kill figures in the present day

, but the game ends before any of that really has a chance to happen.

oh yes we should always leave it to the reviewers..and this comin from a guy that says Smash Bros. Brawl, is getting stupid from catering to the fans.

Anyway, back on topic, I will play the game granted when I get a Ps3 or 360, but the whole simulation gig, is jus lame to me, I know that it may have a decent story surrounding the .."oh I have a recessant ancestral gene as an assassin and you can't force me to use it"., the one aspect that intrests me are the people he kills in the game, aren't they like historical figures during the actual time period he's in?

Yeah, you'll get to assassinate nine real figures from history over the course of the game.

But not Hayden Panettiere Kristen Bell. Maybe for the sequel. :awesome:

EDIT: I got my Heroes wrong. lawl

The clues have been there for months. Besides, you know it's supposed to be a trilogy right?

That was the novels Steven Barnes was creating before they were canceled. The game itself wasn't slated to be a trilogy. Ubi will pop out as many sequels long as the games keep selling.

That was the novels Steven Barnes was creating before they were canceled. The game itself wasn't slated to be a trilogy. Ubi will pop out as many sequels long as the games keep selling.

I thought the game was supposed to be as well? At least that's what was reported early on.

I like the whole simulation thing personally, it adds a new depth to the game like GPS said before. You can do things in the simulation that you couldn't actually do in real life. I don't think it's a cop out at all, or from what I can tell, I haven't played it yet.

When Barnes announced he was working on a trilogy of novels the fans turned it to mean that the game itself would be a trilogy as well. Those were/are just rumors.

Hm yea that's probably what it was. I just don't remember any mags mentioning the books so they did just that I bet.

Anyways, like you said, if this game sells, Ubi will make sequels without a doubt. And I have no problem with that. Especially if that means seeing more of Jade Raymond. :eyebrows: