Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
eleet

Random Thoughts XI: LA REVOLUTION

well. that was an interesting D&D session. yay for having a dragon-born on the party so we could understand the cursing the koblods were doing

and remember civilians. Service Guarantees Citizenship

Still fun though.

True true.

I used to quite enjoy astrology (until maybe 2 hours ago). Now I'm really mad at it. Don't know why my attitude or if it'll change back (probably will).

Makeup is, perhaps, a symptom of a patriarchal society that idealizes and objectifies women. Perhaps the paradigm of feminine beauty should not require such artifice. Perhaps makeup should not exist. Just as it is not 'cute' in and of itself; makeup (or paint) is not 'bad' in and of itself either. It's very cool that you resist an unnatural ideal, but makeup, nor the women who wear it, are to blame. Also, everyone has physical preferences, and au naturel is one.

But it's unfortunate more people don't share your distaste for the stuff.

Yeah, I know.

I'm just mad about the whole state of affairs, and I need to take it out on something concrete.

I mean I can get by most days hating on the patriarchy, but after a while it just wears sorta thin and I want to be mad at something that exists as more than a pattern of social preconceptions (even if it doesn't do anyone a lick of good).

So, in short, if Max Factor were here, I'd kick his ass.

why is it people always jump immediately to the objectification of women then they claim to want equality of sexes.

Because it's a serious issue that needs to be addressed?

well. that was an interesting D&D session. yay for having a dragon-born on the party so we could understand the cursing the koblods were doing

Kobolds? Laaaaaaaaaame.

I just got back from my group's character creation session. We've got some nubs playing but ah welllll they seem capable. Except one of them is our healer so hopefully they play their character right. My monk seems pretty badass, he's got some pretty well rounded stats. And the feats I've got so far well definitely make combat pretty fun but I'm definitely not gonna be a damage dealer for at least another level or two. All I gotta do is come up with a good background for him. Hmmm

My friend's girlfriend wants to hook me up with one of her friends. Not sure how I feel about this. I dunno if I want to get back into the dating thing...

My friend's girlfriend wants to hook me up with one of her friends. Not sure how I feel about this. I dunno if I want to get back into the dating thing...

Is this friend a man?! :awesome:

damit, i just finished getting ready for class (which i thought started at 8 20, when i realized that i dont have anything until 9 30)

damit, i just finished getting ready for class (which i thought started at 8 20, when i realized that i dont have anything until 9 30)

Well now you can eat a good breakfast! :D

Thats not what I meant it is always women who are seuxally objectified is the instant reaction. Never men. It seems most feminists today scream about equal rights for women and such but never for men. You also hardly hear anyone screaming for longer jail sentences for women and more fathers winning custody of the kids.

It starts with

One thing / I don't know why

It doesn't even matter how hard you try

Keep that in mind . I designed this rhyme

To explain in due time

All I know

Time is a valuable thing

Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings

Watch it count down to the end of the day

The clock ticks life away

It's so unreal

Didn't look out below

Watch the time go right out the window

Trying to gold on / But didn't even know

Wasted it all just to

Watch you go

I kept everything inside and even though I tried / It all fell apart

What it meant to me / Will eventually / Be a memory / Of a time when

I tried so hard

And got so far

But in the end

It doesn't even matter

I had to fall

And lose it all

But in the end

It doesn't even matter

One thing / I don't know why

Doesn't even matter how hard you try

Keep that in mind / I designed this rhyme

To remind myself how

I tried so hard

In spite of the way you were mocking me

Acting like I was part of your property

Remembering all the times you fought with me / I'm surprised

It got so [far]

Things aren't the way they were before

You wouldn't even recognize me anymore

Not that you knew me back then

But it all comes back to me

In the end

You kept everything inside and even though I tried / It all fell apart

What it meant to me / Will eventually / Be a memory / Of a time when I

I put my trust in you

Pushed as far as I can go

And for all this

There's only one thing you should know...

unless you die while fighting HUGE FUCKING BUGS. That's always a problem.

Alright AE, dilemma time.

Do I drop acid with this girl I'm in love with, or with a friend of mine that I've known for years? One way or the other, I'm dropping acid soon. And either way it's free.

I think it would be really cool to drop acid with the girl, but there might be too many emotions caught up in there and it could be weird. Alternatively, I would love to drop acid with my friend as he's a really cool guy and has done acid several times before, so I might be safer in general.

I was offered some E at a rave while I was in Seattle. I didn't take it.

It's ridiculous that you're in the room beside me and we're talking on AE.

Scott and Ken did it before. They probably still do.

listening to ska-not the way to fall asleep.

Agree.

Anyway. Makeup is bad, no one should wear it except like actors.

Makeup is, perhaps, a symptom of a patriarchal society that idealizes and objectifies women. Perhaps the paradigm of feminine beauty should not require such artifice. Perhaps makeup should not exist. Just as it is not 'cute' in and of itself; makeup (or paint) is not 'bad' in and of itself either. It's very cool that you resist an unnatural ideal, but makeup, nor the women who wear it, are to blame. Also, everyone has physical preferences, and au naturel is one.

But it's unfortunate more people don't share your distaste for the stuff.

Yeah, I know.

I'm just mad about the whole state of affairs, and I need to take it out on something concrete.

I mean I can get by most days hating on the patriarchy, but after a while it just wears sorta thin and I want to be mad at something that exists as more than a pattern of social preconceptions (even if it doesn't do anyone a lick of good).

So, in short, if Max Factor were here, I'd kick his ass.

Yeah, I know.

And that's why I respect your perspective, despite the fact that it might be an insult to me. :wink:

So, since Max Factor is not here....I'm wearing makeup; you can take it out on me. :whistling:

So, that's like saying Mother Nature is sexist in the animal kingdom. The males of the majority of the species are the ones most colourful. For example, just take a look at any of the many species of the birds and look at the male and females. Plus, you guys talk as if make-up is a brand new invention created by Amerikkka (HURRRR.) and it's trying to degenerate women or something. Come on, think before you think before you speak.

why is it people always jump immediately to the objectification of women then they claim to want equality of sexes.

Because it's easy and men are evil, amirite?!111

You're a serious issue that needs to be addressed.

You also hardly hear anyone screaming for longer jail sentences for women and more fathers winning custody of the kids.

Because that would be sexist, you sexist bastard.

You better make your face up,

In your favorite disguise,

With your button-down lips,

And your roller blind eyes.

With your empty smile,

And your hungry heart,

Feel the bile rising,

From your guilty past.

With your nerves in tatters,

As the cockleshell shatters,

And the hammers batter,

Down your door,

You better run.

You better run all day,

And run all night.

And keep your dirty feelings deep inside.

And if you're taking your girlfriend out tonight,

You better park the car well out of sight.

'Cause if they catch you in the back seat,

Trying to pick her lock,

They're gonna send you back to Mother,

In a cardboard box.

You better run!

So, that's like saying Mother Nature is sexist in the animal kingdom. The males of the majority of the species are the ones most colourful. For example, just take a look at any of the many species of the birds and look at the male and females. Plus, you guys talk as if make-up is a brand new invention created by Amerikkka (HURRRR.) and it's trying to degenerate women or something. Come on, think before you think before you speak.

Humans have risen above the birds. Your logic is entirely inconsistent there, anyway. Your analogy would only work if I were saying "Women shouldn't have breasts. They make us unequal."

Make up is a social construct, not a biological one.

The cultural paradigm that caused make-up to develop is the product of a social system that viewed woman as secondary to men.

I object to the entire notion that we need to alter our appearances to attract a mate. So granted, I am muddling my feminism with my rather radical mind-over-body beliefs.

Suffice to say, the feminist part of the argument can be summarized as: either everyone should be allowed/expected to wear makeup or no one should.

My personal beliefs are strongly in favor of the later because it would draw attention away from our appearances.

Blah blah blah, this is all theoretical. It's never gonna happen, but goddamn it I want it to.

:/ If men are "opressed" at all, it stems from opression of women. Like the women usually get custody of children thing comes from how women have been designated as primary caretakers by men (even when they don't want to be.)