Accelerated Evolution

So there's this guy, right?

So here's the story:

My girlfriend had trouble finding a job because she's 17 and has no prior experience. She looked for a job all this summer and finally got a job at Acme some time later. She's been working there just shy of two weeks and here comes this guy. She told me he was nerdy but a cool guy and thus extended a hand of friendship. Fast forward to yesterday she tells me that he just called her and professed his udying love to her. This, for obvious reasons makes me a tad pissed off because he knows she has a boyfriend [Hello] and she constantly talks to her coworkers [he's one of them] about me and how much she loves me. But, this dude's got the balls to go through and do it. This is of no concern to me. I know she doesn't like him at all and that he's not going to persuade her to leave me. I am pissed because: A) He's 20 and she's 17 [What does minor mean to you? B) He knows of my existence and beyond that is told constantly that she loves me and here's the kicker.

She calls me and tells me he text her and then called her about the text and she gave him a whole speech about how she loves me and she doesn't have any intention of leaving me/going anywhere and that she has no romantic interest whatsoever in him, but she'd still like to be friends with him. He gives her a "Oh, ok. But if things don't work out I'll be waiting for you." thing. What the fuck is that? It's just creepy cause he's like 3 years older than she is and he tells her during work about how she's the most beautiful girl in the world and that she completes him and all this bullshit. That's really unprofessional and pretty fucked regardless. So she calls me just a while ago and says, "I don't think he got it." and I asked her what she meant and she said that he's "still at it" and asked me what she should do. I told her to tell him the same thing she told him last time but to be kind of a bitch about it in a "no nonsense" way and that if he still does it, to give me his number and I'll take care of it. If it comes to that, I'm not a prick [unless I want to be] and I'd deal with it calmly but this situation just kind of pisses me off. Should it? I mean like I said, I'm not worried, I'm just annoyed that this dude who has known her for a week tops is telling her he's head over heels and sees them married in the future...at work...in front of coworkers and customers...? I told her to talk to her supervisor if it keeps up cause like I said that's the definition of unprofessional in my book. Am I overreacting?

What a cock, she called me a while ago and said that he text her twice while we were talking and she didn't check them till after we hung up. She told me one said something like "I love you so much I'd do anything to be with you if you only gave me a chance." except it was in all caps. The other one said "I'll wait for you, but I'm not going to wait forever." Then he calls her right after she reads these. She tells him to knock it off and he's like, "So there's no chance of us?" to which my girlfriend responds, "Not really, no." He still has the gull to say, "Oh well, I'll wait for you to decide and in a few months you can get back to me." You gotta be fucking kidding me...

Tell her to definitely talk to her supervisor. That's fucking creepy.

He sounds like a really creepy idiot.

I told her right before she left like an hour ago to talk to whoever's top dog and let them know that he'd been making inappropriate advances towards her for the past two days especially in front of customers. If this shit keeps up outside of work like it is, I'm going to do something.

Dude that's pure and utter bullshit. I would have already caught him in real life and told him to back the fuck off in person.

That's really creepy and unsettling. He's just a pure scumbag that won't back the fuck off no matter what you do. It'd be best to talk to their supervisor or something, and if that doesn't work I agree with confronting him in person.

I don't see why you have a right to be so angry, since your girlfriend obviously has no intention of leaving you. The guy can't really help that he likes her, can he? I would have done the same thing as him (minus the not taking the hint part).

Turn down the jealousy a little. If he continues bugging her, it's harrassment and she can deal with it through the proper authorities.

The dude's being stupid, but that's bout it. I see nothing wrong with a 20 year old and a 17 year old, the real problem is that he's a fucking moron who can't take a hint. If she reports him to their supervisor, that should be enough. If not, there's always the real estate and shovel solution.

To anyone who doesn't think 3 years difference is a big deal I can only half agree with you. I think at 17 and 20 it's way different if say they were 33 and 35 because at 17 and 20 it shouldn't be a big shocker that people are immature and easily taken advantage of. That would be my beef if I was actually worried about something happening.

My girlfriend is going away for Thanksgiving with her family to North Carolina for the next four days. I think during that time I'll make an appearance at Acme and have a friendly, non-threatening chat with this ass.

To anyone who doesn't think 3 years difference is a big deal I can only half agree with you. I think at 17 and 20 it's way different if say they were 33 and 35 because at 17 and 20 it shouldn't be a big shocker that people are immature and easily taken advantage of. That would be my beef if I was actually worried about something happening.

My girlfriend is going away for Thanksgiving with her family to North Carolina for the next four days. I think during that time I'll make an appearance at Acme and have a friendly, non-threatening chat with this ass.

I think you should "forcefully suggest" that he back off.

@ The last three posts: God I love AE.

I talked to her this morning and asked her is she talked to her supervisor last night like I asked and she said she didn't because she didn't feel the need to. Apparently he stayed away and didn't talk to her the whole time last night which made me happy. I told her that if it happens again in the future, she knows what to do and I'll be making an appearance. For now the problem seems to have been solved.

@ The last three posts: God I love AE.

I talked to her this morning and asked her is she talked to her supervisor last night like I asked and she said she didn't because she didn't feel the need to. Apparently he stayed away and didn't talk to her the whole time last night which made me happy. I told her that if it happens again in the future, she knows what to do and I'll be making an appearance. For now the problem seems to have been solved.

Maybe he's been reading AE.

The chat sounds like a good idea, though he sounds so dense I'm not sure how much good it will do.

even you admit that nothing's happening there, so the age gap doesn't matter. I'll just say that 20 and 17 happens, and isn't that odd.