Accelerated Evolution

Muslims aren't more bloodthirsty than Christians

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7120100668.html

Long story short, a teacher was imprisoned for naming a teddy bear "Muhammed." Protestors are calling for her execution. Quotes played on the news include "if I find this British woman, I will kill and cut her myself."

Her sentence could have been up to 40 lashes with a whip, 6 months in prison, and a fine.

You're right, guys, Muslims aren't more bloodthirsty than Christians at all.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long story short, a teacher was imprisoned for naming a teddy bear "Muhammed." Protestors are calling for her execution. Quotes played on the news include "if I find this British woman, I will kill and cut her myself."

Her sentence could have been up to 40 lashes with a whip, 6 months in prison, and a fine.

Well... Muslims aren't bloodthirsty, it's just the radical ones that are. It's like saying all Christians belong to the bloodthirsty, pro lifers, anti gay squad.

i could see a christian society pulling this off back in the day, matter of fact.... weren't christians doing this kind of stuff at this age.

hmmm well i am surprised, usually i think a lot of a-e would say, "well it's her fault, she knew the law." personally i think crazy christians would be just as crazy over this kind of thing if the environment were more rife for it. well the kkk is full of people who call themselves christian too.

I remember a thread about it, but I asked because I thought you resolved it and/or just got bored of arguing about it.

Naah, it wasn't really resolved -- cuz Jeff didn't come back and reply to the thread after he said he was going to get better informed on the topic -- over a year ago.

You know what? I really don't understand what the big deal with this whole thing is. She broke the LAW. THE LAW. By living in Sudan she chose to follow/abide by THEIR LAWS. And she didn't, she failed to comply. I don't get why the whole 'bloodthirsty' thing comes into play here -- because its not like she broke a custom and they're calling for her head...she broke the LAW.

I don't get why we just avoid all these 'muslims are bloodthirsty' threads and just make a thread on you and your racism, Jeff -- you seem to find every excuse to call Muslim's bloodthirsty -- and I disprove that theory of yours because I am Muslim -- and I, for one, am not bloodthirsty. Don't generalize what you don't know when we've gone over this topic many times -- over AE and MSN.

Instead of attempting to argue a point that may get me into a position I don't want to be in, I will take this chance to laugh at Jeff for being accused of being a racist (which he is not). Haha, Jeff. lolz

Well, to me it seems like he is -- the first time we argued about this it was whatever -- because he was arguing from an ignorant point of view...so I tried to educate him -- over a year ago....but then him bringing it up in MSN conversations and now this here, again -- well, you can't help but get the idea that he is.

What happens to Muslims?

Well, according to my knowledge (which is nada) Muslims believe even those who go to hell are eventually redeemed.

The time may change, but once the punishment is inflicted it's all done, etc.

EDIT: I just realized I shouldn't make a claim on a subject I don't know anything about. Lesson learned... xD

It seems they believe all Muslims (murderers or not) will eventually be redeemed from hell. Everyone else is screwed. Agh.

Well... Muslims aren't bloodthirsty, it's just the radical ones that are. It's like saying all Christians belong to the bloodthirsty, pro lifers, anti gay squad.

Of course, if someone named a stuffed animal "Jesus" in the US, I highly doubt she'd be imprisoned and have huge crowds advocating her execution.

Well, according to my knowledge (which is nada) Muslims believe even those who go to hell are eventually redeemed.

Actually, Muslims believed that non-Muslims are tormented in hell by the Allah's angels, from what I've read in books about various religions' view of the afterlife.

Of course, if someone named a stuffed animal "Jesus" in the US, I highly doubt she'd be imprisoned and have huge crowds advocating her execution.

And how does America constitute a Christian nation? Their nation where she's being punished openly declares theirs.

I know you're talking stats, but legally there's no grounds. Over there it's a batshit different kind of ballgame.

Actually, Muslims believed that non-Muslims are tormented in hell by the Allah's angels, from what I've read in books about various religions' view of the afterlife.

Yeah, I figured this out. There is, however, some stale debates about this in the muslim community. But, yeah, you're right.

The time may change, but once the punishment is inflicted it's all done, etc.

EDIT: I just realized I shouldn't make a claim on a subject I don't know anything about. Lesson learned... xD

It seems they believe all Muslims (murderers or not) will eventually be redeemed from hell. Everyone else is screwed. Agh.

I know that the concept of redemption does exist in the Qur'an -- I couldn't tell you what it is because I don't remember much of it since I read it over 10 years ago.

Because its not against the law. I'm sure that if it were then they would get in some sort of trouble.

I don't get why we just avoid all these 'muslims are bloodthirsty' threads and just make a thread on you and your racism, Jeff -- you seem to find every excuse to call Muslim's bloodthirsty -- and I disprove that theory of yours because I am Muslim -- and I, for one, am not bloodthirsty. Don't generalize what you don't know when we've gone over this topic many times -- over AE and MSN.

Last time I checked, Islam was a religion, not a race. I don't approve of any religions but find Islam to inspire much more violence than Christianity.

I'm pretty offended by this accusation, you know, so don't consider us friends anymore.