Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
FaultyClockwork

Yay college

This is sorta weird almost dove tailing Satan's thread but I wanted to talk about this. The purpose of this topic consists of a statement and a question.

Statement: I got into my dream school! I got accepted into University of Buffalo and Geneseo and it was like "ho hum" because I was waiting on the Canadian schools I applied to and I got a letter from one of them, McGill University in Montréal, Quebec and it turns out I got in! That's my number one choice so I'm pretty fucking excited and it's one of the top 25 colleges in the world. ANYWAY!

Question: What the fuck should I expect? What do I need to prepare for? I followed my friend Laura around and stayed in her dorm for 3 days but I'm sure it'll be plenty different when I'm on my own. I could use college advice tips from those of you with experiance.

Go with the dream school. No regrets, and no questioning what could have been.

That being said, because your dream school is in Quebec be prepared to learn French. o_o;;

That's about all the advice I have, other than if you want to make friends in college you can't be super shy.

I've been to Montréal thrice. Everyone there speaks French and the only objects with writing on them that aren't in both French and English are the road signs and based on my experiances on the streets and high ways there, no one reads them anyway. If it were Quebec City it'd be a different deal. I'm looking forward to the chance to be in a French speaking environment, though. Maybe I can finally learn the language. :hardgay:

Congrats man. Montreal's a great place. French does kind of help there, but you can survive without it.

My question is: why were you applying to US schools? I thought you'd already decided to leave the country?

Hey, congrats man, that's awesome. One of my teachers in high school went to McGill and loved it.

As for advice, pretty much everyone reacts to college differently. Just be open minded, I guess. You'll change a lot in the first six months you're out of high school... or, at least, I and most people I know, did. Real life is starting. It's a weird feeling.

That sounds dope man! Way better than going to mid michigan community college, but then again i never really cared about anything but price :hardgay:

That sounds dope man! Way better than going to mid michigan community college, but then again i never really cared about anything but price :hardgay:

Community College! It's like a disco with books!

She's from CT like me, can't be too different. But Canada from what I hear isn't anything like the US. It's like cold x 10 I'm sure our many AE'rs who live there can tell us the coldness factor.

I think msot of our AErs live in Alberta, not Montreal.

That said, WNY is warmer because of the lake that gives us all that wodnerful snow. Still, I don't think Montreal is too much colder. Its not like he's a Floridian or anything.

Well, I am from B.C., and it gets fucking cold here at times. There is always a cold snap once or twice during the winter season. It gets to about -40C and it is the worst thing in the world. I didn't have my truck during that time a few months ago, and I was having to walk everywhere. My hair froze instantly, and it sucked so much. I have never been to the Eastern provinces, but I imagine that it gets fuckin' cold there as well. The wind is a fucking bitch when it's that cold, too.

Well, I am from B.C., and it gets fucking cold here at times. There is always a cold snap once or twice during the winter season. It gets to about -40C and it is the worst thing in the world. I didn't have my truck during that time a few months ago, and I was having to walk everywhere. My hair froze instantly, and it sucked so much. I have never been to the Eastern provinces, but I imagine that it gets fuckin' cold there as well. The wind is a fucking bitch when it's that cold, too.

But you're also pretty far north. And Siendra's far north in Alberta, which is cold as hell. Montreal I think is warmer.

But you're also pretty far north. And Siendra's far north in Alberta, which is cold as hell. Montreal I think is warmer.

Ashton is only in Calgary, which is Southern. I'm more Northern than he is.

Calgary's still north of Montreal. They're also in different areas. It's Canada so it will be cold. Will it be cold enough to bother Faulty? We don't really know (though I think he'll be able to handle it.)

Calgary's still north of Montreal. They're also in different areas. It's Canada so it will be cold. Will it be cold enough to bother Faulty? We don't really know (though I think he'll be able to handle it.)

I'm fucking hardcore man! I eat cold for breakfast!

hello, what is a nicer city? montreal or vancouver

montreal:

-french

-of montreal

vancouver:

-crush hails from there

-"world's most livable city"