Accelerated Evolution
eleet

Fuck the DMV

I'm almost 18 years old. I'll be 18 towards the very end of June.

My parents and my friends have been on my ass about me getting my license (among other things) for a while now, at least 6 months.

I figured considering I'm almost 18, I really should go down to the DMV to get my Learner's Permit. In CT, you are required to hold a Learner's Permit for 6 months prior to taking the actual driving test if you're only 16 or 17. You are not required to have a Learner's Permit at all to take the actual driving test if you are 18.

I figured I'd get my Learner's Permit so I could legally get some on-the-road driving practice in, prior to taking the driving test in June when I turn 18, even though the permit won't matter once I'm 18.

Today I went to the Connecticut DMV in Hamden. All the DMVs in Connecticut suck ass. Regardless of which DMV you go to, regardless of what you're going there for, and regardless of what time or day you go, you usually end up waiting in line for a while.

Today I waited in line for 3 hours. It was hell.

It costs $18 to take the test required for obtaining a Learner's Permit. I paid my $18, then waited for another half hour for them to get around to administering my test.

I failed the 10 question multiple choice test for obtaining a Learner's Permit. I got 5 answers correct, and 5 incorrect, out of the 10 total. 50%.

You need an 80% to pass. FUCK!

The questions were fucking rediculous. I pretty much guessed on every single one of them, which is appearent considering I got half of them wrong.

What the fuck. Everyone always fucking told me you had to be retarded to fail the Learner's Permit test. Everyone always said it was "soooo easy". I guess I'm retarded.

Fuck the DMV. Now I need to actually study for this bullshit, then go back down to the DMV another day, wait in line for another 3 hours, and pay another $18.

What a waste. I'm pretty pissed off and now I have a pretty negative attitude towards driving and the DMV.

I'm almost 18 years old. I'll be 18 towards the very end of June.

My parents and my friends have been on my ass about me getting my license (among other things) for a while now, at least 6 months.

I figured considering I'm almost 18, I'd really should go down to the DMV to get my Learner's Permit. In CT, you are required to hold a Learner's Permit for 6 months prior to taking the actual driving test if you're only 16 or 17. You are not required to have a Learner's Permit at all to take the actual driving test if you are 18.

I figured I'd get my Learner's Permit so I could legally get some on-the-road driving practice in, prior to taking the driving test in June when I turn 18, even though the permit won't matter once I'm 18.

Today I went to the Connecticut DMV in Hamden. All the DMVs in Connecticut suck ass. Regardless of which DMV you go to, regardless of what you're going there for, and regardless of what time or day you go, you usually end up waiting in line for a while.

Today I waited in line for 3 hours. It was hell.

It costs $18 to take the test required for obtaining a Learner's Permit. I paid my $18, then waited for another half hour for them to get around to administering my test.

I failed the 10 question multiple choice test for obtaining a Learner's Permit. I got 5 answers correct, and 5 incorrect, out of the 10 total. 50%.

You need an 80% to pass. FUCK!

The questions were fucking rediculous. I pretty much guessed on every single one of them, which is appearent considering I got half of them wrong.

What the fuck. Everyone always fucking told me you had to be retarded to fail the Learner's Permit test. Everyone always said it was "soooo easy". I guess I'm retarded.

Fuck the DMV. Now I need to actually study for this bullshit, then go back down to the DMV another day, wait in line for another 3 hours, and pay another $18.

What a waste. I'm pretty pissed off and now I have a pretty negative attitude towards driving and the DMV.

Welcome to my world. I love the DMV. It's a great place to wait in line for hours & then to meet someone rude that doesn't give a fuck makes the whole experience pleasurable, especially when they can barely speak my language. It's also quite awesome when I receive a wage garnishment for something that I don't owe & never even knew about. The whole wonderful experience of writing letters & explaining where they fucked up is quite wonderful. I feel so warm. I need to send a thank you note to the DMV. (^o^ ) <3

Dude, fuck the DMV.

The day I took and passed my test, I finished up around 1 o'clock. The DMV closes at five. Alright, I figure I'll be able to get through the line no problem, right? WRONG.

I was there until closing time. In fact, I was the last person in line before the fucking place closed. The person said "Next!" and I walked up, and then she said, "Oh, sorry, we're closed." FUCK. This is after waiting for four hours.

So, the next day I get up hella early to get my fucking license. I figure, it'll be sweet, I'll get there like an hour before it opens and just read my book and listen to my iPod and be first in line.

WRONG. There were enough people there an hour before they opened that even after they opened, I still had to wait another hour in line! UGH.

Incidentally, this was the day Foldered got to Seattle, so I really needed my license to go pick him up from the bus station. :tongue:

My local DMV is awesome. They have an express line people with quick issues.

I totally bombed the written portion of the licence test the first time. The questions are totally odd.

Take the pen and paper test if you can, the pictures on the computer are usually misleading.

My local DMV is awesome. They have an express line people with quick issues.

I totally bombed the written portion of the licence test the first time. The questions are totally odd.

Take the pen and paper test if you can, the pictures on the computer are usually misleading.

Yes he's right the computer one was fucked up, I took it the first time and barely passed. I got 4 wrong, they only allow 4. I passed the driving part easy.

Yeah. I got like a 40% on the computer test and a 95% on the paper test. On the computer, they pretend like they are asking questions about the picture, but they aren't. Bitches.

They even asked me the question about the color of the cane for a blind and deaf person.

my first driving test I passed the written flawlessly (I thought it was mad easy and all common sense), and then in the driving portion i did nothing wrong. At all. Yet he still failed me, and everybody before me. I actually saw my page blank at the end before he put in random 'x' marks while grinning. So I had to take the driving part again at the DMV (i never want to go back there. ever. if only my wish could be true) which I passed with no marks against me at all, just like when i drove with the other guy.

Here is a thread that I can agree with. One time I went to the DMV just to get a driver's manual. That is all I need to say.

On a side note, I need to learn how to drive really badly. I'm already 18 and all I've done is back out the driveway. I've been asking my parents to teach me for 2 years with no luck.

wtf? your parents won't teach you to drive? Fucking steal the car... haha

Yea the DMV is bullshit. But I don't understand why you are upset that you have to study for the permit test. There's stuff in the driving manual you have to know.. o.o

When I took the test for my permit, I had passed with a 90%. And then the computer system went down while I was waiting to get my picture taken for the permit. After waiting for like two hours already after the test. It was gay.

I'm only really complaining because everyone was like "LOOOOOOL the permit test is a joke just go take it LOOOOOOOOL it's all common sense LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL it's so easy LOOOOOOOOOOL you can't fail it".

It was far from easy, I did fail it, and none of it was common sense. It was 10 random fucking questions followed by 4 possible answers, of which at least 2 seemed correct.

I plan on studying then taking it again, and I intend on passing it.

it was all common sense though...I never used the LOOOOOOOOOL but that's what it was....

Some of the computer test on the license test was worded oddly and I got tricked a couple times even though I passed the first time. Then again I never opened my DMV book.

The test (at least in WA) has different questions every time you take it. I actually passed the first time but had to take it again because I took foreverrr to get my license after getting my permit.

Some of the questions are common sense, some of them are totally obscure. Sounds like Elite just got unlucky.

Study the driver's manual for like twenty minutes, it shouldn't be hard. Better luck next time.

I'm only really complaining because everyone was like "LOOOOOOL the permit test is a joke just go take it LOOOOOOOOL it's all common sense LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL it's so easy LOOOOOOOOOOL you can't fail it".

It was far from easy, I did fail it, and none of it was common sense. It was 10 random fucking questions followed by 4 possible answers, of which at least 2 seemed correct.

I plan on studying then taking it again, and I intend on passing it.

Staying up all night the day before had nothing to do with your failure?

Staying up all night the day before had nothing to do with your failure?

I didn't stay up all night the day before. I actually slept from around 10:30 PM til 4 AM.

My failure was merely due to the fact that I knew none of the answers to any of the questions.

Some of the computer test on the license test was worded oddly and I got tricked a couple times even though I passed the first time. Then again I never opened my DMV book.

I never took the computer test. Always paper.

neither did I. I thought they were always pen and paper.

? Which DMV did you go to? I went in and was assigned a computer the computer tests suck and the pictures confused the shit outta me