Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
TeleportSandwich

The Wotlk thread

I've been through said cave. It takes me to Easter Plaguelands where I eventually run into said invisible wall.

Do the quests. Everything in the zone responds dynamically. You'll go there later when you're supposed to, and believe me it won't be empty.

Arthas doesn't betray the Lich King... He IS the Lich King.

He starts to become the Lich King after taking up Frostmourn - the blade allowed Nerzhul to speak directly to Arthas. To corrupt his mind and whatnot. Eventually leading him to take his seat on the Frozen Throne, where the spirit of Nerzhul was contained, and merged with Arthas.

Arthas doesn't betray the Lich King... He IS the Lich King.

He starts to become the Lich King after taking up Frostmourn - the blade allowed Nerzhul to speak directly to Arthas. To corrupt his mind and whatnot. Eventually leading him to take his seat on the Frozen Throne, where the spirit of Nerzhul was contained, and merged with Arthas.

uh wut? I need to look up a tl;dr'd version of the Death Knight lore before I further confuse myself...

uh wut? I need to look up a tl;dr'd version of the Death Knight lore before I further confuse myself...

i know little about lore in WoW but DRL does. if I'm correct, Arthas was the prince (or king, seriously I know very little) and wanted more power. ended up becoming the Lich King and ruling over Northrend.

He was the prince. And it wasn't that he wanted more power, it's just that his campaigns against the Orcs and Scourge eventually drove him a little batty, which eventually ended with him slaughtering Stratholme when the people there became infected with the plague. After that, he ventured to Northrend chasing down the demon he thought was responsible, and during the final battle with said demon he ended up seeking out Frostmourn with Bronzebeard, which is what forced him over the edge into madness, and led to him being the first Death Knight.

He led the march that destroyed Silvermoon and the Sunwell (Not to mention killed Sylvannas).

He also marched on Dalaarn, which is why the city is kept encased in a protective barrier now.

He resurrected Kel'Thuzad.

He's pretty central to a lot of stuff you see in WoW, actually.

WTF? It didn't occur to me until last night that they actually moved Dalaran to Northrend... What the hell is that about? Athras and Archimonde ripped the city apart in the last war, it can't possibly be back up to full strength yet... Which would mean it shouldn't stand a chance against the Lich King...

?

According to standard wacraft lore, (ie the sunwell trilogy) mages build things super fast. (Like silvermoon which was also destroyed) They wiggle their hands and pieces of stuff fly into place. Dalaran has had 5 years to rebuild. They're fine.

According to standard wacraft lore, (ie the sunwell trilogy) mages build things super fast. (Like silvermoon which was also destroyed) They wiggle their hands and pieces of stuff fly into place. Dalaran has had 5 years to rebuild. They're fine.

But there's only like a population of three thousand people there now... it used to be way higher, didn't it? I was less thinking about the city and more thinking about the Kirin Tor. Most of them, and all the Archmages beside Proudmore were killed by Athras and the Scourge, ney?

But there's only like a population of three thousand people there now... it used to be way higher, didn't it? I was less thinking about the city and more thinking about the Kirin Tor. Most of them, and all the Archmages beside Proudmore were killed by Athras and the Scourge, ney?

Yup, although there's quite a few guys around but still not really enough to fight both the lich king and the blue dragons... Which would probably be why they're using the level 80 adventurers who just picked weapons off of kil'jaeden's, illidan's and kael'thas's collective asses and the red dragonflight to do their dirty work.

Supposedly DK's are meant to tank primarily off damage. At leas that's what people in the beta forum have been saying. Personally, I don't really know what build would work well for that. I think Frost/Unholy combo you're doing is probably on the right track, though.

I think I read somewhere that Frost DK's are ment to tank mages. Makes sense with spells like brainfreeze and strangle

Unholy is easily the spell tanking spec (if you spec tanking with it, all the trees are meant to be dual tanking/DPS trees)

Energy Ticks have been removed from Rogues? I haven't logged in, so I'm not sure what's going on? Anyone want to explain, didn't really get it on the Beta forums.

Energy Ticks have been removed from Rogues? I haven't logged in, so I'm not sure what's going on? Anyone want to explain, didn't really get it on the Beta forums.

WoWWiki has this to say:

By default the energy bar is full, with 100 points of energy. Energy regenerates at a fixed rate of 20 energy every 2 seconds, in and out of combat (this will be changed to 1 energy every 0,1 seconds after Wrath of the Lich King).

As for Inscription:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Inscription

Hmm. That's going to throw off my dps a little bit. Guess I can't use Rogue Focus for timing anymore.

OMG I want to roll a mage now so I can Penguin instead of sheep.

Hmm. That's going to throw off my dps a little bit. Guess I can't use Rogue Focus for timing anymore.

OMG I want to roll a mage now so I can Penguin instead of sheep.

The smoother energy regen is a really good thing, it lets you get off your really vital moves in a pvp situation (blind, kidney shot, etc) without having to wait for an energy tick to do it

In pve it has pretty much no effect

*shrug* I know. I just watched my ticks as a means of keeping my dps in check during runs. I'll just have to pay attention to something else now.

Not really, you'll still be hitting the button at the same intervals. Just now you do it at 35.

There's gonna be mods ready by the time it releases guaranteed.