Accelerated Evolution

Heroic man shoots his lawn mower

Crube

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080725/ap_on_...d_mower_madness

MILWAUKEE - A Milwaukee man was accused of shooting his lawn mower because it wouldn't start. Keith Walendowski, 56, was charged with felony possession of a short-barreled shotgun or rifle and misdemeanor disorderly conduct while armed.

ADVERTISEMENT

According to the criminal complaint, Walendowski said he was angry because his Lawn Boy wouldn't start Wednesday morning. He told police quote, "I can do that, it's my lawn mower and my yard so I can shoot it if I want."

A woman who lives at Walendowski's house reported the incident. She said he was intoxicated.

Walendowski could face up to an $11,000 fine and six years and three months in prison if convicted.

A call to Walendowski's home went unanswered Friday morning.

I agree. It's his lawn and his lawn mower. He should be able to shoot it if he wants to.

As do I. While the whole thing is quite stupid and actually humorous, it is (was?) his lawn mower and on his property. He didn't harm any other people, just his mower.

Yeah shooting your lawnmower on your own property seems harmless.

But he was drunk, so it's very plausible that he could have missed the lawnmower and injured somebody.

Plus, it was an illegal firearm.

Also, locking up a man who is capable of get that angry at a lawnmower seems like a good preventative measure to me.

Any logical thinking person can see no crime was committed.

I'm pretty sure being drunk with a gun in your hand is a rather serious crime. It can end real badly.

how do you expect the police to monitor this on your own property? there are plenty of people that drink moderately after work etc, then load/clean their guns for hunting or defense. it's not a good idea, but what are you going to do

if the woman who called felt threatened (and he'd probably done something else to make her feel like that) she should have called and said she felt personally threatened which IMO should get him in trouble and the lawnmower definitely shouldnt

how do you expect the police to monitor this on your own property? there are plenty of people that drink moderately after work etc, then load/clean their guns for hunting or defense. it's not a good idea, but what are you going to do

if the woman who called felt threatened (and he'd probably done something else to make her feel like that) she should have called and said she felt personally threatened which IMO should get him in trouble and the lawnmower definitely shouldnt

You are going to make sure that people who are criminally stupid enough to handle firearms while intoxicated don't and are punished accordingly. And thank god the neighbor realized that the danger he was posing could have escalated real quickly and by complete and total accident.

That said, he is prepared for the zombies as Belial said. And most certainly would be of great help to the revolution.