Accelerated Evolution

Was Lawnmower Douchebag Innocent?

Ceraziefish

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should this irresponsible dbag/upright citizen go to jail?

• He is clearly being opressed! Let him go!
    • He has no place in our enlightened society! Lock him up!

gun shouldn't be illegal. "An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law. " (XD;)

gun shouldn't be illegal. "An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law. " (XD;)

Hmm, I gotta disagree with your logic here.

I mean even if (hypotheticallyt) the gun shouldn't be illegal, he was still dumb enough to use it drunk- now there's no reasonable circumstance in which I can imagine that firing a firearm at something that doesn't pose any sort of threat while intoxicated should be legal.

WHAT IF THERE HAD BEEN A MOTHER AND CHILD STANDING BEHIND THE LAWNMOWER.

I don't think our society should be willing to orphan children just so that creepy guys can shoot their lawnmowers!

But seriously, there's gotta be SOMETHING in this equation which is illegal. Be it the illegal gun, or the lack of discretion in the circumstances of its use.

Had he not shot his lawnmower he probably could have kept the gun for the remainder of his life unless he actually shot a trespasser somewhere down the road.

But since he decided to get drunk and shoot his lawnmower thus capturing the attention of the authorities, who noticed the gun was illegal, he deserves punishment.

do you know how much even 3 weeks in prison can fuck up your life? especially in the current economy?

if there was a child in the house, and someone didn't feel that the children were safe with a drunk man with a gun (and they're not), the police should be called to evaluate the situation. they would probably take the children away and prosecute the man if he failed to comply. that would also be just. The law works to protect children very differently than general law. The children can be taken away far before you do anything illegal.

but if he's getting drunk by himself and not being violent to anyone but a lawnmower I think there should be no crime. If the woman in his house does not feel safe with him, she should move out, instead of calling the police about something stupid.

do you know how much even 3 weeks in prison can fuck up your life? especially in the current economy?

if there was a child in the house, and someone didn't feel that the children were safe with a drunk man with a gun (and they're not), the police should be called to evaluate the situation. they would probably take the children away and prosecute the man if he failed to comply. that would also be just. The law works to protect children very differently than general law. The children can be taken away far before you do anything illegal.

but if he's getting drunk by himself and not being violent to anyone but a lawnmower I think there should be no crime. If the woman in his house does not feel safe with him, she should move out, instead of calling the police about something stupid.

Well it's a damn shame she's not as idealistic as you now isn't it?

He didn't have a license for the firearm nor was the firearm legal to own period due to the barrel length. His own damn fault.

None of that really matters... Out of everything he could be convicted with, having a rifle with a modified barrel length below the legal limit carries the harshest punishment. And that had nothing to do with the woman, the lawnmower, or anything else, really.

Well it's a damn shame she's not as idealistic as you now isn't it?

as i said she should be protected by the law if she's unsafe.

ohh and i just looked up what a short-barreled shotgun was. haha wow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sawed-off_shotgun

yeah, he should go to jail.

but there's no reason to arrest him if it had been a normal gun. I assumed the gun was only illegal because of some kind of state/zoning law. Sorry guyz hahaha

Not knowing the mans history, if he had none, he did nothing wrong.

Unless you've done something in the past that shows you irresponsible of owning a gun, you should be able to own one. Period. I don't care about the barrel length or zone laws bull shit.

He was on his own property, and the only thing damaged was his own lawn mower. No body was hurt.

Not knowing the mans history, if he had none, he did nothing wrong.

Unless you've done something in the past that shows you irresponsible of owning a gun, you should be able to own one. Period. I don't care about the barrel length or zone laws bull shit.

He was on his own property, and the only thing damaged was his own lawn mower. No body was hurt.

... So what happens when someone is shooting at a tree in their backyard. Sure, all the person hurt was the tree, but what if they had missed and hit a kid off their property or something? The law isn't in place to protect the shooter or their property, it's to protect others from the shooters own stupidity.