Accelerated Evolution

Getting ready for college

I think I'm going to hyperventilate. There's so much to do, that I get overwhelmed and nervous and run away from it to go do something else. And I keep thinking of "oh I need to do this!" and forget other stuff because there's so much to sort out. Also I FORGOT TO SEND MY AP AND IB SCORES! Agh! @_@ I need to send those, register for courses, find out more about my room furnishings, figure out more stuff I might need in my room, buy it, register for frosh (orientation) week, choose my frosh activities, find out about my French language placement test, get a letter of guardianship in, figure out Canadian health care, and all sorts of other stuff! ARGH!

I just needed to let that out.

Amy, Belial, thank you for your support. : p

Anyway, I got the schedule part down.

Fall classes:

fallng9.png

Winter:

winternd8.png

I really like my schedule. Only sucky part is I wanted to take a European History course and Intro to Moral Philosophy in Fall, but it confliced with the Film course I want to take more. So I went with the equally acceptable Intro to Philosophy 1 and after finding out the the Jewish and East Asian professors suck and the ancient Mediterrean history class was at 8, I settled on Greek Mythology, which will actually probably own.

I really like my schedule. Only sucky part is I wanted to take a European History course and Intro to Moral Philosophy in Fall, but it confliced with the Film course I want to take more.

When I registered for classes, the lady putting in them into the computer was like, "Well sorry. Half your classes is full. Choose more right now."

Is there a website you took that table from? Or is it just for your college?

If you haven't figured out Healthcare yet, it's relatively simple. You just need to pick up a provincial health care card (Normally there's places on most large post secondary campuses to get that sorted out), and included with your tuition should be really, really basic insurance. That's about all you need. You can look for a personal physician if you wish - the same office that issues your health care card should have a list of physicians accepting new patients in the area.

If you haven't figured out Healthcare yet, it's relatively simple. You just need to pick up a provincial health care card (Normally there's places on most large post secondary campuses to get that sorted out), and included with your tuition should be really, really basic insurance. That's about all you need. You can look for a personal physician if you wish - the same office that issues your health care card should have a list of physicians accepting new patients in the area.

Do you know how that work with a Canadian citizen living out of Canada? Because I'm a Canadian/American residing in America.

I had to redo my Winter schedule, too. Here it is:

winterec4.png

Do you know how that work with a Canadian citizen living out of Canada? Because I'm a Canadian/American residing in America.

I had to redo my Winter schedule, too. Here it is:

winterec4.png

Should just have to phone a provincial office. Not sure what it is in Quebec. They should be able to mail it to you... I assume...

They should have a toll free number too.

• 2 weeks later...

2 weeks left until i ship out, i know some people are already taking off

i felling kind of numb about the entire experience, no strong feeling either of excitement or of annoyance that summers over and im heading back to school. but then again, thats exactly how i have felt about the first day of school for the last 12 years, so nothing out of the ordinary for me, ha!

Things to Bring:

o Alarm Clock

o Clothes hangars

o Personal Ipod , MP3 Player or CD player

o Bedding (standard twin)

o Towels

o Personal hygiene/bathroom items (toilet paper, plunger, soap, toothpaste etc.)

o Clothing

o Laundry supplies (basket, detergent and quarters)

o Room decoration (posters, pictures)

there's an overly-comprehensive list at collegeconfidential's College Life forum. print it off, cross off what you wouldn't need/use, and use that as a good point to find things you might not have thought to bring.

It's true. mst obtained this list for me and we went on a quest to purchase all the items, and so far the only things I realized I'd forgotten are folders, my backpack, and my PS2. Two of which I already had and just left at home.