Accelerated Evolution

Dir en grey Announces 7th Album!

Makil

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MTV's Headbangers Blog has announced information about Dir en grey's forthcoming album "Uroboros" at http://headbangersblog.mtv.com/2008/09/15/...ecord-uroboros/ -- please check it out as there is an interview with Kaoru! While you're there, please leave a comment thanking Headbangers Ball for their article...

And here is more information on the album...

As stated in the blog, DEG have signed with THE END RECORDS for the release of the seventh studio album -- please visit The End at myspace.com/theendrecords and say hello! The album will be called "Uroboros", an ancient symbol of 'eternity,' and will be released on November 11th (11/12 in Japan through Firewall; 11/14 in Europe through Gan-Shin).

In an effort to satiate fans' unique preferences and desires, "Uroboros" will be available in the US in four formats: digital album; CD jewel case; deluxe limited-edition CD digipak with bonus track and DVD; and double vinyl LP with a digital download card included. We have begun taking pre-orders NOW at The Omega Order and are offering FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING...major news on a pre-order contest is coming soon, so be sure to secure your copy now while you can.

Tracklistings are as follows:

Digital Album / CD Jewel Case

01. Sa Bir

02. Vinushka

03. Red Soil

04. Doukoku To Sarinu

05. Toguro

06. Glass Skin

07. Stuck Man

08. Reiketsu Nariseba

09. Ware, Yami Tote…

10. Bugaboo

11. Gaika, Chinmoku Ga Nemuru Koro

12. Dozing Green

13. Inconvenient Ideal

14. Dozing Green (JP)

* 6 and 12 feature English choruses. 14 is the original Japanese version.

CD Digipak + DVD

01. Sa Bir

02. Vinushka

03. Red Soil

04. Doukoku To Sarinu

05. Toguro

06. Glass Skin*

07. Stuck Man

08. Reiketsu Nariseba

09. Ware, Yami Tote…

10. Bugaboo

12. Dozing Green*

13. Inconvenient Ideal

14. Dozing Green (JP)

15. Glass Skin (JP)

* 6 and 12 feature English choruses. 14 and 15 are the original Japanese versions.

Bonus DVD:

01. Repetition Of Hatred

02. Agitated Screams Of Maggots

03. Hydra-666-

04. Dead Tree

05. Dozing Green

2X 140g Vinyl LP + Digital Download Card

01. Sa Bir

02. Vinushka

03. Red Soil

04. Doukoku To Sarinu

05. Toguro

06. Glass Skin

07. Stuck Man

08. Reiketsu Nariseba

09. Ware, Yami Tote…

10. Bugaboo

12. Dozing Green

13. Inconvenient Ideal

14. Dozing Green (JP)

15. Undecided

Please tell your friends...we want as many people as possible to know about this record. It is very important to spread the word and make sure this record is a success and as many people as possible get to hear it.

Thank you for your support!

Laguna Aoyagi (10:57:11 PM): Who the fuck is THE END records?

RX79 G Pilot08 (10:57:17 PM): no idea

RX79 G Pilot08 (10:57:28 PM): but it doesn't even matter

RX79 G Pilot08 (10:57:31 PM): they had to fall to lose it all

Laguna Aoyagi (10:58:14 PM): Because in The End, it doesn't really matter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

^ better not be the 128 rip I have.

three days and I'll be purchasing it so I can rip it in 320

even though the verison I have's quality is 128 which nobody should be forced to listen to the album is fucking incredible. HEAVIER than Marrow of a bone but more atmospheric and DEEPER more BRUTAL growls along with many spots pre-withering to death.

Extra Disc for the Japanese Limited Edition:

1. "Ware, Yami Tote..." (Unplugged)

2. "Inconvenient Ideal" (Unplugged)

3. "Red Soil" (Unplugged)

4. "Dozing Green" (Before Construction Ver.)

5. "Dozing Green" (Japanese Lyrics Re-mastering)

6. "Glass Skin" (Japanese Lyrics Re-mastering)

Translated from French to English:

At the exit of the seventh studio album-training Japan, Dir En Gray; that we gave an interview revealing a few keys on the contents of 'Uroboros. We remind you that the disc is available in several different formats on 11 November 2008 via [The End of Records]. In the meantime, find the [chronic] of the album.

www.verdammnis.com

>>> How are you doing on this new release?

薫: We are very anxious to see how will our work be received, to see something so far we can go in terms of communication and transmission of our ideas, if the public will be affected by them, see how he performs.

>>> What is your state of mind while waiting?

薫: I really look forward to the album so. I'm probably as excited that a fan could be at the moment. As against, I just learned that all the songs in the album are already available for download on the Internet, and it bothers me deeply. It is disappointing and discouraging at a time.

>>> How the music group she evolved from 'The Marrow of a Bone' to 'Uroboros'?

薫: For this album, we did not really want us to embark on something completely new and very different from what we have done previously. We were rather a sense of self. We wanted to exploit our musical heritage achieved so far and make the best possible tribute. This album contains our past, as far as our present and future. In the end, I think it's a disc that holds an original defies classification.

>>> How did you argued the atmosphere Eastern you speak?

薫: Actually, we tried to show through the disc, the general mood and moods that emerge during the concerts. The emotions felt in a live context. Meanwhile, we also tried to highlight religious tones and atmospheres in a Japanese.

>>> The uroboros was important in the religious symbolism.

薫: Definitely. This is reflected in the atmosphere of the album.

>>> Have you incorporated new instruments?

薫: Yes indeed. On several songs, we used an electric sitar brings something new and interesting enough, although the content of the pieces that we have previously sought to focus primarily on the guitars. For example, we used various objects to scratch and play the guitar strings. On some titles, we also tried to record the sound of guitars directly from the amplifier. In the end, it was a unique experience and really fun. On the album, Shinya has played Congas.

>>> You used languages other than Japanese and English, right?

薫: Indeed. 'His Bir' means' movement of the Earth "in Tibetan. And, 'Vinushka' is an invented word of Russian origin that is used to refer to elements related to sin.

>>> The uroboros depicts a dragon or snake that bites its tail, it is a cyclical and self-regeneration. Is it a symbolic Dir En Gray?

薫: Exactly, it is a symbolic title for the group. The concept of the album is based on the endless cycle time, on alternating phases of life, death and rebirth. And as I said, this album contains our past, as far as our present and future. In a way, there is an analogy between the name of the album and our journey.

>>> Why did you choose The End of Records for U.S. release?

薫: We were looking for a label in the United States, and several contacted us on: The End of Records seemed to be the best choice for the group.

>>> Does your management has put you under pressure to sing more songs in English?

薫: The more they put us under pressure, the more we will reciprocate.

>>> Why have rewritten 'Glass Skin' and 'Dozing Green'?

薫: We had these songs released in Japan for the singles from the album, we just wanted to try again with lyrics in English. The results were rather satisfactory, we decided to put all versions on the disc.

>>> To celebrate 10 years of Dir En Gray, two best-of came out last year: Decade [1998-2002] and Decade [2003-2007]. Uroboros mark there a third era?

薫: To be quite honest, we did not really think. I'm never returned in a retrospective analysis itself on the evolution of the group. As soon as I put myself to write or compose, I am in the here and now, in the moment. I see my emotions, my current tastes and I translate through the music. However, I believe that an objective point of view outside is generally true.

>>> You said that people view scenes while listening, you hear there live a synesthetic experience?

薫: In a way, yes. To listen to the album, I would like everyone to forge his own experience. I would suggest the auditors lulled by the music and it leads them to visualize scenes, perceive colors, to experience feelings in response to sounds; ultimately, I want everyone shares some intimacy with the album linked to his personal experience. I really on the singular nature of the thing. I'm sure everyone is likely to find his account.

>>> Did you have these kinds of visions during the process of creation?

薫: I did not get real mink, at least nothing very special. However, I considered the scenography, the stage upon which we will play the album. I thought the most performances at things too abstract.

>>> The artwork of the album is mystical and epic at once. What is its visual concept?

薫: When it was time for the group to get down to work on the design and implementation of the design of the album, we had the idea to use text instead of the image. I have therefore shown the coverage [Lizard] group King Crimson; a consent, we went on this chart that was refined by providing our own identity.

>>> Who is the author?

薫: His name is ~ da yo. This is an artist with whom we work with for some years.

>>> Does the visual aesthetic of the group took a place as important as music?

薫: We believe that the group identity is what is most important, and this obviously goes by the visual aesthetics. If everything we create is neutral or transparent, it ends up being meaningless. It is true that we échinons to build a world that is clean and unique, so we spend a lot of time on achieving our video.

>>> In the future, do you create a side-project?

薫: I think in due course.

>>> You've recorded acoustic versions of several titles. Do you plan a show unplugged?

薫: We do now.

>>> A European tour will be announced soon?

薫: Be a little more patient, you're not disappointed.

>>> What would you say to readers VerdamMnis.

薫: Be sure to come we will see you next year at our tour. In the meantime, continue to support us.