Accelerated Evolution

South America vs. Eastern Europe

Ceraziefish

The question!  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Where should I go?

• Southeastern Europe (Balkan Peninsula, Bosnia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Turkey)
    • South America (Ecuador, Peru, Chile, Argentina)

So, yeah. I'm definitely going to be doing study abroad this year, but I'm not sure where.

My school has a really good exchange program with a school in Ecuador, so I could go there, learn Spanish, and be on my way to exploring the continent. However. For most of college I've been studying Slavic-related things, including this summer where I've been studying Bosnian-Croatian-Serbian. So I want to travel to where I know the language.

What should I do?

Screw South America, everyone I know that has stayed/studied there said it was pretty damn stressful. The location may be "great" where the school may be based, but I know people who have been mugged, multiple times, because it's just too easy to prey on an American down there.

I would definately go over to Eastern Europe, I know that crime, pickpockets and things like that are just as prevalent, but it's not as out of control. But at least when you are over there you won't be tripping in the dark over language barriers and the like.

These places are just about equal. Your chance of getting mugged? Equal. Chance of a major war breaking out in the place you're visiting? Equal. Language barrier? Equal.

Plus, in Eastern Europe you can for very cheap spend weekends in places like Rome, Moscow, and Berlin.

i would say spanish is a far easier language, for one its written in the same script as we use, secondly, the Latin Root of the language is far similar to english than E.E is.

I would say south america, great weather, good people, and the effects of american capitalism raping the local people. A great study in american industrial history! :eyebrows:

but if your studying familiar with the language, then i guess E.E

that being said, i would pick asia over both.

Man, that's pretty cool.

You could probably sell them on ebay for a bunch. But it might just be better to keep them and use them as a sort of Babel Fish.

Idk, I bet they could fetch quite a bit. Like what if I encountered an African tribe that, I don't know, thought I was their king? You know like in Return of the Jedi when C3PO was a God to the Ewoks? How would we know if we were the Ewok king in that case. King of the Ewoks. We wouldn't. These pants... Oh these pants, we could use these pants. We must capture this "Darcie" and take her pants off for our own benefit.

Idk, I bet they could fetch quite a bit. Like what if I encountered an African tribe that, I don't know, thought I was their king? You know like in Return of the Jedi when C3PO was a God to the Ewoks? How would we know if we were the Ewok king in that case. King of the Ewoks. We wouldn't. These pants... Oh these pants, we could use these pants. We must capture this "Darcie" and take her pants off for our own benefit.

*Nods.* It's the only way.

Darcie, take off your pants and no one gets hurt.

And then mail them to me.

South America! Might as well expose yourself to something new. You can learn a 3rd language & explore the Inca ruins & the Andes! (^o^ ) <3

I think you're a lone voice of dissent, Gee.

Oh well... I'm still in college for two years, that's plenty of time to do study abroad in both, I think.

I like how you turned what started off as a nice comical post into what essentially will become gangrape.