Most Overrated Games

Adam

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*puts on flame suit*

Bioshock and Grand Theft Auto IV.

I wouldn't call Bioshock overrated. I, personally, think it was a great game. However, it COULD have been a little better if it weren't for some of the fetch quests (especially when making that damn chemical gun...). Oh, and the ending just sorta... came out nowhere.

I mean, what the Hell? Why were you fighting a big blue dude, or whatever? I know he was splicing like Hell, but it was kinda dumb. Easy, too.

I wouldn't call Bioshock overrated. I, personally, think it was a great game. However, it COULD have been a little better if it weren't for some of the fetch quests (especially when making that damn chemical gun...). Oh, and the ending just sorta... came out nowhere.

I mean, what the Hell? Why were you fighting a big blue dude, or whatever? I know he was splicing like Hell, but it was kinda dumb. Easy, too.

After

Ryan dies

it goes down hill pretty fast. And even before then it was just a standard shooter with an amazing narrative.

Modding would have been fun if the shotgun and wrench weren't so ridiculously overpowered. There didn't feel like much of a point to mod or use plasmids once you got the shotgun.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Bioshock too, but think it's really overrated by fans.

Actually the end boss was hard as hell, I had like no ammo or guns.

BIOSHOCK = SYSTEM SHOCK 2 UNDERWATER!

Guitar Hero <--- if i wanted to Shitty classic rock being jammed down my throat while i press buttons on a fake guitar to music i hate, i would probably commit suicide so I could live in hell and do exactly that day in and day out..

Halo 3 <---- not quite Unreal Tournament, yet not quite CS:S, but a whole lot more boring and stupid.

Socom <--- This game sucked

WoW <--- enough said.

Tekken <----Fuck this game, not half as good as any other fighter

Mega Man Battle Network. Seriously, that series needs to die. That DS mutation in 3d isn't anything better.

As far as 3D Castlevania games; those aren't really overrated. CV fans hate them because they're non-traditional, and everyone else hates them because they're bland and boring. I haven't heard anything good from anyone about 3d 'vania games. I could understand if you'd think the DS CV games are overrated, though I personally love them and think they deserve their accolades.

Final Fantasy. All of them. That series needs to just fucking die. I loved it 'til FF8, but after that, it just needed to go away. Voice acting made it need to go away more.

Throwing Half-Life 2: Episode 2 out there. Pretty much the same as one, very little story that raises more questions then they answer, a lot of the same easy physics puzzles, and the ending section where you were trapped in a giant map with a bunch of striders to kill was boring.

Now before anyone jumps all over me, I loved the game, but like Bioshock it just gets a lot more credit then it really deserves. It's probably going to have that Halo and Episode 1 effect where once the next game is out most reviewers are going to admit to overrating the last one.

Mega Man Battle Network. Seriously, that series needs to die. That DS mutation in 3d isn't anything better.

Capcom is stopping the Star Force series after 3. At least that's what they're saying now.