Accelerated Evolution

Galexia 'The Maze' Second Disc Sampler

Wind

so... here's 6 tracks off of the second CD to the second Galexia Album, the double disc epic 'The Maze'.

So far it seems the second disc is going to be a bit less accessible and a bit more trippy / have to be high to understand it. So... I'd like to know the reaction of those who don't get high and I want responses to if it makes sense to them or sounds like gibberish and noise (which to most people it sounds like anyway)

ALSO GRAB NEWEST SONG TO CHECK OUT THAT I NEED HONEST LONG FEEDBACK ON

http://galexiaband.com/2008/CD2/04%20-%20Liquid.mp3

http://galexiaband.com/2008/CD2/

01 - Empty 5:41 (I may have gone overboard second half of the song.. let me know)

02 - XanaX 4:35 (to have Marko Eskola from Farmakon singing on it, in a "Midlife Crisis Faith No More style" low talk-singing - he also sings on 6 songs on disc 1)

03 - Cellphone 4:52 (May stay with my vocals, or Martyna Halas (From the track Asfixia) will do vocals, shes going to appear on 3 or 4 tracks through-out the CD)

04 - Delay Effect 7:23 (Vocoder overload "Im Trapped Behind, Xanax Bars." "Now God's got me hooked on morphine" Excuse the random acidy beachboys interlude of weirdness.)

05 - Intermission (Time For A Smoke) 5:04 (instrumental: Industrial with Neo-classical guitar/key unison, the opening and ending sample may be used in a diff song rythmatically)

06 - Materia 3:54 (Yes, the song from my old 'Meteor' Demo, with a new vocal track and a bit more kick. May add a layer of Vocoder to some parts and add things)

07 - Morrissey 4:07 (Featuring Mike Levitz to add the Jah to the grooves.)

The Maze.jpg (grab it if your player like itunes and winamp displays album art)

working on 6 demos at the moment, first CD has 16 tracks, expect the second to have 17-18 as their is less epics, and the first CD pushes the limit of time being an hour and twenty nine minutes long so songs may be re-arranged. Also no track on either disc is final, some may be scrapped totally and replaced with stuff later.. but here's a little sample.

Double Disc Guest list so far Confirmed:

Marko Eskola : Farmakon

Arjen A Lucassen : Ayreon

Damian Wilson : Threshold

Gordon Tittsworth : Images of Eden

Martyna Halas : Moyra Nosie

Mike Levitz : Local Singer / Harmonica Singer

Double Disc Guest List of Musicians Confirmed:

Mike Cipressi : Three Headed Boy (Guitar on Solar Blur, Myself Again, and one of the new demos)

Eric Park : Eternal Starscape (Guitar Solo on Waves Out, Guitar on Opana, Guitar Solos on Hate Me, Guitar on XanaX, Guitar Solo on Drive Park Fly)

Singers in Negotiation with:

Hansi Kursch : Blind Guardian (yes im fucking serious, although if he is to appear he will record all his own lyrics and vocal tracks and send them to me to work around)

Steve Wilson : Porcupine Tree (He just worked on the debut of a one man band such as myselfs prog cd bringing in himself and Daniel Gildenlow, e-mailed him which leads to the next guest)

Daniel Gildenlow : Pain of Salvation (If steve joins in, Daniel is confirmed)

Charles Dominici : Dominici / First singer for Dream Theater (A few topics on his forums turned out to be about Galexia, he read and responded I got in touch with him)

Kai Hansen : Gamma Ray (A member of the Ayreon / Gamma Ray fan club who is in touch with both via email and phone, raved to arjen about his performance on Rose of Thorns saying it was his best vocal performance and raved to Kai that he should consider working with me.)

Musicians in Negotiation with:

Derek Sherinian : Planet X, ex-Dream Theater

A few more names that I haven't gotten fully in touch with yet, but I'll leave for secret for now.

Hansi Kursch : Blind Guardian (yes im fucking serious, although if he is to appear he will record all his own lyrics and vocal tracks and send them to me to work around)

Steve Wilson : Porcupine Tree (He just worked on the debut of a one man band such as myselfs prog cd bringing in himself and Daniel Gildenlow, e-mailed him which leads to the next guest)

Daniel Gildenlow : Pain of Salvation (If steve joins in, Daniel is confirmed)

Charles Dominici : Dominici / First singer for Dream Theater (A few topics on his forums turned out to be about Galexia, he read and responded I got in touch with him)

Kai Hansen : Gamma Ray (A member of the Ayreon / Gamma Ray fan club who is in touch with both via email and phone, raved to arjen about his performance on Rose of Thorns saying it was his best vocal performance and raved to Kai that he should consider working with me.)

oh my god

hansi is a holy man

I gotta add this track I just finished now because I think its very post beatlesy trippy.

Written for my girl.

Ignore the double "track 4" because this will become track four, and the other tracks will be moved, don't bother re-rodered it as they will keep re-ordering probrably

but something about this song is so real and awesomely listenable to me.

The ending is an inside joke between me and my girlfriend... you'll see what I mean.

I try to imitate the Revolver/sgt. peppers vocal style with the sitar songs, I fail but it comes kinda close... lol. Let me know. ASAP because I Feel very proud about this one, and need to be shot down if it sucks. you can tell by the regular vocals, this piece would be a steven wilson piece, if he doesn't get added onto the project I feel happy with my vocals but yeah.

Uses two mellotrons at once during the verses one called "Strawberry Fields" other is "Sixties Flutes" basic piano patch, with hip-hop drums, then about 6 layers of crazy shit off my Minimoog for the chorus.

http://galexiaband.com/2008/CD2/04%20-%20Liquid.mp3

Its also in that directory.

track is called "Liquid"

"She told me "Fill me up with liquid" - yeah yeah yeah - our love is fluid"

Think its clever.

ill throw this up here too... a song that will never be published. You can hear the mellotron line from Liquid in it. I worked endlessly on this track, and about an hour after I finished it I was thinking "This is the definition of noise and complete unpolished crap and ambient random shit." so I remember loving the mellotron part, so just took away everything else and started from scrape to make "Liquid".

But here's the original base of "Fluid" in all its heavy industrial glory entitled "Orgue". (set my bass to have the tone of an organ).

http://galexiaband.com/2008/CD2/Orgue%20(D...r%20Liquid).mp3

Some people may dig it, but This was the most recent completed song before Liquid and I thought to myself " I need to make a few songs on this disc that will have general appeal" so I scrapped it, want to make 3 or 4 more melodic songs like Liquid, then I can fuck around more. Melodic songs more so than Cellphone, want more structure. Probrably more like a mix between Brattleboro from CD 1, Always Falling from CD 1, Blacklight from CD 1, Drive, Park Fly from CD 1, Liquid from CD 2 and XanaX from CD 2

I'm worried that 'Delay Effect' has no structure at all, let me know if this WORKS though. because I even get confused listening to it sometimes, other times I smile and go "Yeeeaaahhhh thats phat"

Got a great poppy tune cip came over and recorded with me. I gotta really work around with it and add shit to get it flowing but came out very 80's sounding but way more modern. My synth line reminded me of THE CURE, cip has cool acoustic moments with trippy shit, and plays bass while I played the synth. was a quick jam and came out well, will structure that into a song aswell.

HOLY SHIT!

Wait till you hear the crazy heavy metal songs on the CD with insane trippy synths and industrial effects. The stuff made every singer I talked to GLOW and instantly react surprised in a "Holy shit" "this is different!" kind of way. Its the way Arjen, Marko and especially Damian Wilson reacted to the first CD, but the new CD is so many light years ahead of the debut its not even funny.