Accelerated Evolution

AE music blog

FaultyClockwork

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll do it. NEUROTIC MAN TO THE RESCUE!

EDIT: Shaved off a lot and did some merging (ex: changed Slug's Revenge from Bluegrass to Country, merging it with She & Him). What do you think? Also, Foldered: Can I take the Lo-Fi tag off that Kills album (it's coo' btw) or is that a really important tag? Also changed Grind to just Metal.

I'll do it. NEUROTIC MAN TO THE RESCUE!

EDIT: Shaved off a lot and did some merging (ex: changed Slug's Revenge from Bluegrass to Country, merging it with She & Him). What do you think? Also, Foldered: Can I take the Lo-Fi tag off that Kills album (it's coo' btw) or is that a really important tag? Also changed Grind to just Metal.

not to bitch or stir up the system or anything but...

i think we should keep 'grind' as it is because its not just necessarily metal, there is alot of punk influence, and as you may know, alot of punks dont like metal and alot of metal heads dont like punk. I just think that metal is a little broad, think that there should be different tags for the various genres of music, its much like electronic music as it all has a basic theme but its sub-genres differ greatly. The only reason i tagged the overthruster release as I did was because it was a release with various electronic genres the tags i was referring too are these specific tags...

instrumental <-- while something might be totally instrumental it will still probably fit in with an already tagged genre

Lo-fi <---- this is more about the production athestetic

Jazz-fusion <--- this should have two tags, Jazz, and then what ever it is fused with.

I'll download these releases and try to figure out a more appropriate tags, this is the basic problem.

oh and bluegrass should be bluegrass i think.

You guys are weird. Just listen to the music and enjoy it for gosh's sake. Anyways, I'm posting some Mischief Brew since you kids seem to finally getting into the anarcho-folk-punk scene. They're (he's... being Erik Peterson) the best of the best. Period. Hope you all enjoy it. It'll be up in a few minutes.

I tried to find some of their stuff. Anarcho-folk-punk is awesome, but I actually have a really hard time finding shit.

I've got just about everything by Mischief Brew, This Bike Is a Pipebomb, World Inferno Friendship, Wingnut Dishwasher's Union, Slug's Revenge, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Defiance Ohio, Casey Neill (older stuff), Al Baker, Rosa, Ghost Mice, and the lord gods of anarcho... Chumbawamba... on CD and vinyl so just let me know and I'll rip and upload some stuff for ya later tonight or the next few days.

Edit: POSTED!~

• 2 weeks later...