Accelerated Evolution

I officially hate my neighborhood

Ikari Warrior

One of my friends really likes Deanna Troi from Star Trek, the Next Generation. I thought it'd be funny to get him an action figure of her for his birthday. I found one on Ebay, and bought it for $5. According to the USPS tracking number, it was delivered to my house yesterday at 12-something in the afternoon.

But I never got it. I'm thankful that it's just a cheap $5 action figure (and here's to hoping the movie I ordered ACTUALLY gets here), but I have learned the hard way that these fuckers are nothing but a bunch of shameless thieves who will steal their neighbor's mail.

Fuck these fucking people. I hate them all now. Whoever stole it is now responsible for my hatred of the whole neighborhood. FUCK YOU MONTGOMERY VILLAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my friends really likes Deanna Troi from Star Trek, the Next Generation. I thought it'd be funny to get him an action figure of her for his birthday. I found one on Ebay, and bought it for $5. According to the USPS tracking number, it was delivered to my house yesterday at 12-something in the afternoon.

But I never got it. I'm thankful that it's just a cheap $5 action figure (and here's to hoping the movie I ordered ACTUALLY gets here), but I have learned the hard way that these fuckers are nothing but a bunch of shameless thieves who will steal their neighbor's mail.

Fuck these fucking people. I hate them all now. Whoever stole it is now responsible for my hatred of the whole neighborhood. FUCK YOU MONTGOMERY VILLAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Umm you are aware that stealing mail is a Federal offense.. no matter the value of the item.. report their asses to the police.

I'm not sure who botched up, but it turns out my package was delivered yesterday, even though the USPS lady I talked to on the phone SAID it was delivered to my house on saturday.

Whatever the case is, I got my package, but I still don't trust my neighbors now.

Reasonable. Same thing happens to me. I'll get it into my head that somebody did something and hate them for it. Then, I'll find out it's wrong and be like, "Well, I still hate them."

It's hardly reasonable, in fact it's completely illogical, but it's just something that some people do automatically.

That's the paranoia and misanthropy talkin, kids

I hate people in general but I at least wait until I have a legitimate reason before judging anyone :p

Mleh, good point. I had another package delivered to my house, so I'm guessing that what occurred was just a screwup on the USPS site. Since none of my neighbors talk to me, and I don't know anyone in my neighborhood, I think I'm just a bit more on edge than normal.

I think once I settle in, I'll be a little more comfortable having packages sent to my house. In the meantime, packages with <$10 value are being sent to my parents' address.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone stole cat food off of my porch.

Fucking meth heads :mad:

Dick move. In related news, there was some manner of domestic problem in my neighborhood, such that 9 squad cars were parked in front of my house and one of my friends couldn't come over because of the idiocy.

In news related to my action figure, my friend loved it, and his copy of Star Trek 5 (much to my surprise)