Accelerated Evolution

Drivers are idiots!

Crube

In order to drive a vehicle, one must take a written and driving test to obtain a drivers license. Armed with that knowledge, the person is now able to drive safely through the concrete maze known as the streets and highways. But some idiots managed to somehow pass these test and make it on the road, harming others with their lack of common sense and a potential moving death trap. Pleasant...

Just this day alone, I've managed to encounter four of these smart drivers on the road. I know Georgia is the fifth worst state as far as driving, but come on... these are some simple mistakes even a pre-pubescent teen can point out!

Going down a divided road, I've found out that it was a wrong road, so instead of going through a Military pass point, I decided to make a legal u-turn. While waiting for oncoming traffic to pass by, another car from a perpendicular street sped in time to avoid the oncoming traffic, but gets pissed because I was in the way despite the fact she could either wait or go next to me because there was enough room for her to drive into, even with the oncoming traffic.

I approach a two way stop. Incidentally, there were three way stops, but the third lane was that traffic is continuous, meaning the traffic doesn't stop at all and the two other stops have to... well... stop. The signs on all ways even says that incoming traffic does NOT have to stop. So, as I went on, a smart driver manages to just ignore the stop sign and drives right in front of me, almost colliding into the vehicle. Way to go!

Parking lot scenario. We all know what direction arrows are on the pavement, right? Well, there are two lanes of parking within the Bank of America parking lot and one set of rows have two signs that read "Do not enter." Simple white sign and red bold letters. Not to mention direction arrows that are big and white right on the pavement. Pulling into the proper lane, two idiots managed to almost hit me because they probably don't know what the direction arrows are for. Great...

I go park in the opposing lane and after conducting bank business at the bank, I pull out slowly and proceed to leave the lot. Keep in mind that this is the lane with the two signs that says "DO NOT ENTER" in big red letters. So, what happens? A white SUV swerves into the lane and almost hits me. What the hell people?

So, have any fun stories? At least something more than mine that deals with idiots on the road? If so, then this is the right thread for you! Maybe!

In my 16 years of driving, I have seen everything. From the most remotely impossible to the most dumbest driving. I could go on forever, but I'll leave it at that.

If I had my own country, about 90% of the population wouldn't be able to pass my driving exams which would consist of high speed vehicle dynamics, hydroplane control, braking control, & learning to not be scared to take the motor to the fucking redline when you need to get on the fucking freeway. Automatics would not be allowed. Stereos & entertainment systems would not be allowed in cars. Anything to distract a driver from my 180 MPH speed limit on most roads would pretty much not be allowed in cars. Hahaha! We would have a very efficient public transportation system, lots of pedestrians bridges over highways, & pedestrians should know better than to get on the fucking road 'cause they are fair game on the road. (^o^ ) <3

In my 16 years of driving, I have seen everything. From the most remotely impossible to the most dumbest driving. I could go on forever, but I'll leave it at that.

If I had my own country, about 90% of the population wouldn't be able to pass my driving exams which would consist of high speed vehicle dynamics, hydroplane control, braking control, & learning to not be scared to take the motor to the fucking redline when you need to get on the fucking freeway. Automatics would not be allowed. Stereos & entertainment systems would not be allowed in cars. Anything to distract a driver from my 180 MPH speed limit on most roads would pretty much not be allowed in cars. Hahaha! We would have a very efficient public transportation system, lots of pedestrians bridges over highways, & pedestrians should know better than to get on the fucking road 'cause they are fair game on the road. (^o^ ) <3

As long as your country has super cool public transportation, then I'm perfectly fine! :awesome:

Whenever I drive safely (at or 5 mph below the current speed limit), there's usually at least one idiot who decides it's a good idea to drive in the other lane. INTO ONCOMING TRAFFIC. Whenever this happens, I speed up, trying to keep them there as along as possible, in case a car comes.

Thin out the morons from the population... huh...

I'm really excited for not having a car anymore.

I know that sounds weird, but it's true. Having a car makes me lazy as sin. And driving just pisses me off, because I like to drive really fast, and if I get cut off or if someone isn't driving fast enough, or taking longer than they should for any reason, I just get really aggravated. Plus paying for gas sucks a lot.

I agree with Gee that driver's licenses should be harder to get -- maybe not quite as hard as he's saying, but definitely harder. And automatics should be illegal.

From my years of being a courier.. I've saw some of the most fucked up shit people do while driving.

Like Today a lady braked in the merging lane of an interstate when she has her own ,merging lane.. not slow down but fucking braked and weighted for traffic to clear.. ON AN INTERSTATE.

I get people merging from the shoulder alot also...and this is without the merge lanes but people who want to get out in traffic and slow you down.

Oh and some of my favorites are people who like to cutoff traffic by going through 3 lanes without a turn signal.

I agree with this, except for the part where my car cannot do 180. It cannot really even do 100...

Whenever I drive safely (at or 5 mph below the current speed limit), there's usually at least one idiot who decides it's a good idea to drive in the other lane. INTO ONCOMING TRAFFIC. Whenever this happens, I speed up, trying to keep them there as along as possible, in case a car comes.

That's illegal, and you're an ass for doing it. Most speed limits are obsurdly below the limit for safety. People going around you is a lot better than me riding your ass with my brights on because you're driving like you have nowhere to be.

That's illegal, and you're an ass for doing it. Most speed limits are obsurdly below the limit for safety. People going around you is a lot better than me riding your ass with my brights on because you're driving like you have nowhere to be.

Yeah... I drive exactly the speed limit all the time, plan out exactly how much time I need to get from place to place going the speed limit, and every so often I'll get someone in front of me going 5 or 10 miles under the speed limit making me late. And my general reaction is to picture myself killing them in my mind.

I was thinking this.

I usually drive above the speed limit, but if someone in front of me is going the speed limit I don't get mad... seems silly. I try and pass people that are going significantly under the speed limit, though.

It bugs me when people are turning right but waiting for pedestrians or something, but they don't actually turn all the way before stopping, so I can't get around them.

What the hell is your problem? You are countering someone who isn't abiding by your definition of being "safe" by putting them in a situation that could kill them, the oncoming car, and yourself? That kind of passive-aggressine behavior is what kills people on the road; someone who doesn't want to go fast is being overtaken by someone who is going faster, so they decide that all of a sudden no one should be allowed to go any faster thn them.

If you did that shit to me when I tried to pass you because you were driving under the speed limit, I'd bully your car into the shoulder, and with my 32' tires, I would highly suggest you abide if the situation ever presented itself.

Yeah guys, why drive the speed limit and not get pulled over? Honestly, I know when to quit. I don't REALLY want people to die, I'm just trying to scare them a little bit.

It's not scary, it's fucking annoying.

I know because I have been in that situation several times.

It's the main reason I have never considered gun ownership. I know I would end up shooting someone for doing exactly that.