Accelerated Evolution

Holiday Season 2008

Adam

And I have a question.

This will mainly be about the upcoming games and whatnot, but I don't wanna make 500 different threads, so I will post this here.

I always get tons of stuff at Christmas, including one BIG thing.

I was thinking about an iPod touch or something, but I already own a 30GIG video, so there's no point in that...

The only thing I can think of that might be interesting is a PS3.

I am interested in Little Big Planet, the entire PSN, Metal Gear Solid 4, and some other games...

I hear that one PSN user can share his/her DLC with 5 other users but I am not sure on that...

What do you think of getting a PS3? I really have no idea, I wanna wake up on Christmas morning and be EXCITED for what I asked for, not just something to take up space.

Please give me other suggestions, should you have them, thanks!

I wouldn't get a PS3 for those 2 games. I mean, yes, it is getting more good (exclusive) games, but they are few and far between from what I can tell.

Okay...then what do you suggest for my big Christmas gift? It usually ends up being a video game system, except in like...2006 I got a guitar.

Go with a 80gig PS3 and MGS4.

I hear that one PSN user can share his/her DLC with 5 other users but I am not sure on that...

You can, but you need to be very close with those five friends because each one of them will have access to your account with a credit card attached to it.

If you can, definitely get the 80GB PS3 with MGS4

As J-Stop said, game sharing does indeed work, but you should be very careful who you share with. I have 2 of my friends accounts added to mine, I know them all personally for well over 10 years, and each cool game that comes out, we take turns who buys it :D pretty sweet deal

If you can, definitely get the 80GB PS3 with MGS4

As J-Stop said, game sharing does indeed work, but you should be very careful who you share with. I have 2 of my friends accounts added to mine, I know them all personally for well over 10 years, and each cool game that comes out, we take turns who buys it :D pretty sweet deal

Are you guys talking about the special MGS4 PS3 bundle? Or a 80gig PS3 (by itself) AND the software itself?

My friend says I shouldn't get it, not many games to buy, he only got it for Blu-Ray.

But, If I don't get this, I have no idea what else I'd ask for.

I'm talking about the MGS4 bundle - better deal

Well, it all depends on what you like, to be honest

some of the current (and upcoming) PS3 exlusives that I can think of off the top of my head would be:

Uncharted

Uncharted 2 (not announced, but definitely coming...)

Gran Turismo 5

LittleBigPlanet

Killzone 2

Resistance 2

ICO 3

InFamous

MGS4

and some of the better PSN games include:

WipeOut HD

PixelJunk Monsters

PixelJunk Eden

so I dunno man, it really is your call... if any of those games appeal to you, then I'd definitely consider it

You're probably better off with a PS3 if you have to sit and think of something that you'd want for Christmas besides a PS3. Sure, it doesn't have a whole lot right now but there's plenty of stuff that Stranger posted that's coming down the pipeline, and some of their DLC games look promising like Fat Princess.

Rachet & Clank: Future, Quest for Booty, Uncharted, Resistance, and MGS4 will keep you busy until then. MGS4 is really good and probably going to end up with a few Game of the Year awards this year.

You're probably better off with a PS3 if you have to sit and think of something that you'd want for Christmas besides a PS3. Sure, it doesn't have a whole lot right now but there's plenty of stuff that Stranger posted that's coming down the pipeline, and some of their DLC games look promising like Fat Princess.

Rachet & Clank: Future, Quest for Booty, Uncharted, Resistance, and MGS4 will keep you busy until then. MGS4 is really good and probably going to end up with a few Game of the Year awards this year.

Yeah I honestly don't know if there's anything else TO get. I've got all of the other systems, 2 360's and 2 Wii's (but 1 of both is DRL's) and I don't want a new PC. Don't need an iPod Touch because I am fine w/ my 30gig video.

So...PS3 as the "big gift" of the year is looking like my only option. Oh well, good thing I love Ratchet & Clank.

Fuck all you rich ass white people. I get shit for Christmas! Tell Brandon to go fuck himself with a metal rod. You two get any and everything you want....twice. Eat my ass.

I'll be lucky to get new underwear from my parents.

Hell, I'm excited at the thought of new underwear. I hate you all!

hahahaha. Scar, when's the last time you came to Georgia? we need to meet up. :hardgay:

My heart bleeds for you. Seriously, I'm with Scar on this one.

If your parents HAVE to get you a big gift, why not something to experience? Like, tickets to a show or a cruise or something?

Well the only tickets I would want are Metallica tickets, and they're not touring the Southeast until at the EARLIEST: 2009 so yeah.

Well the only tickets I would want are Metallica tickets, and they're not touring the Southeast until at the EARLIEST: 2009 so yeah.

So have your parents get them for you as a late christmas present. Why not get you something you'll truly enjoy, when it's available? Versus getting you a nice shiny console which you may or may not feel "meh" about?

Or they could get you "tallica and plane tickets, and fly yo' ass to DC. They're playing in the Verizon center next month...

I'm not trying to be a smartass here. I'm trying to be creative and help your parents out so that they can get you something you REALLY want. Not many people get what they really want for Christmas...

So have your parents get them for you as a late christmas present. Why not get you something you'll truly enjoy, when it's available? Versus getting you a nice shiny console which you may or may not feel "meh" about?

Or they could get you "tallica and plane tickets, and fly yo' ass to DC. They're playing in the Verizon center next month...

I'm not trying to be a smartass here. I'm trying to be creative and help your parents out so that they can get you something you REALLY want. Not many people get what they really want for Christmas...

Er I doubt my mom would go for that. She was against me going to a ZZ Top concert here in Atlanta, flying out there wouldn't exactly be an option.

The PS3 seems like a thing I'd have fun with it's just there's a lot of naysayers out there who continue to cloud my judgment.

Er I doubt my mom would go for that. She was against me going to a ZZ Top concert here in Atlanta, flying out there wouldn't exactly be an option.

The PS3 seems like a thing I'd have fun with it's just there's a lot of naysayers out there who continue to cloud my judgment.

Blah, your parents love you too much. :awesome:

If you don't have Rockband on 360, you could get it on PS3. Rockband 2 ought to be out by holiday 08.

Blah, your parents love you too much. :awesome:

If you don't have Rockband on 360, you could get it on PS3. Rockband 2 ought to be out by holiday 08.

Asking me if I don't have a rhythm game is like asking an alcoholic if they tried the new beer.

Hah...I have it, and the 2nd one on 360.

Already almost paid off GH:WT on 360 as well.

So, I guess the PS3 is what I am getting this year, plus like 10-15 games (and DVDs, microsoft points, and other stuff XD)