Accelerated Evolution

Random Rules

winterlong

ok thank jesus. scared me for a second

Hahaha, yeahhh. I didn't really think about how it could be misconstrued to those who actually know me until I noticed that you posted. Then I was like "ohhh shiiiiiiiit."

leading them on is a terrible idea, you just have to be honest. I've been n a similar situation and you really can't screw with the person.

Yeahhh. I mean, I've been very honest with him, and I guess that it's always been easy to tell that he likes me. But he just emailed me tonight and literally flat out said that he is absolutely in love with me, and went on about our future and all this stuff... and I... just don't know how to take it. He knows how I feel, he always has. But he basically said that he is never ever giving up on me and he will refuse to try and like anyone else in the meantime until I like him back. Not in a bad, creepy way... but more a sad, determined, heartsick way.

You should convey a mixed message to him to fuck with his head like every other girl, KEEP THE STATUS QUO.

This.

Every girl I know is so afraid of confronting the opposite sex with the truth. Beating around the bush only makes things worse.

I don't love you. Just say it.

Oh, um... I love you too... (Don't say this.)

You have to be blunt with men, otherwise we get the impression that there is still a chance for something.

This.

Every girl I know is so afraid of confronting the opposite sex with the truth. Beating around the bush only makes things worse.

I don't love you. Just say it.

Oh, um... I love you too... (Don't say this.)

You have to be blunt with men, otherwise we get the impression that there is still a chance for something.

exactly as Brenton has said here. Just tell him straightforward that you don't feel the same for him as he does for you. He will get the wrong impression otherwise, and will get hurt in the end.

Yeah, you gotta be straight with this guy. I am in a similar situation. For the love of GOD don't use the word "love" when you're talking to him. "I like you a lot as a friend, we won't be anything more than that, I'm sorry, and I hope we can still be friends."

"Just Friend"ing a guy is the fastest way to take the wind out of his sails. I should know, it's happened to me enough.

Merrrrrrrrrr djlhadjkgahadhfgdf.

I've told him before how I feel because I felt like we weren't on the same page. But then he just sent me an email outlining EVERYTHING, in detail, in case I didn't realize what "in love" meant.

Blah. More discussion is in the future, I guess.

Huh, that's fucked up.

leading them on is a terrible idea, you just have to be honest. I've been n a similar situation and you really can't screw with the person.

Yeah, you gotta be straight with this guy. I am in a similar situation. For the love of GOD don't use the word "love" when you're talking to him. "I like you a lot as a friend, we won't be anything more than that, I'm sorry, and I hope we can still be friends."

"Just Friend"ing a guy is the fastest way to take the wind out of his sails. I should know, it's happened to me enough.

I think you'll have to distance yourself from him. No contact, nothing. It's going to be hard but he's going to have to cool down.

Pretty much said what I was going to say. Be straight up. Tell him that you only want to be friends. If this doesn't seem to work out or he still doesn't get it, you might want to distance yourself for a bit. Sometimes distance will work a lot better. (^_^ )

Honesty is the best policy.

People lying to me makes me really angry... If you care about him (as a friend) you won't lie to him or even embellish the truth at all. If he cares about you (as whatever) he'll respect that, like other people have said.

Love is a curse, I don't care what anyone says. I'd be way happier without it.

I guess I just want to know what more I can say to him, but it seems like I have done all that anyone else would do. I'm sure our friendship won't change, but it's just difficult knowing that we are so far off as far as similar feelings go. Sigh. I don't want to hurt him anymore than he's already been, if I can help it.