Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
GummyBearOfDoom

Depp to star in Alice in Wonderland

If it's 3d... Meh. Might be alright, might suck.

If not... Fuck yes! Depp could be absolutely amazing in it and I reckon Burton is the perfect director considering that he almost always does excellent twisted fairytale films.

Yea, that's what I was thinking. I can't see them destroying this and making it 3D it will turn something potentially really cool to something gimmicky and mediocre.

Yeah. It's supposedly going to be 3D in the style of Beowulf... Well I love the story of Beowulf but the main reason I didn't see the film is because it was done in crappy 3D. I really hope they don't do that to Alice in Wonderland.

I actually heard Beowulf was pretty good, I didn't see it and I was asked if I wanted to go but declined because I usually don't enjoy 3D. Maybe Burton will change my mind and this movie will be kick ass. Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D was alright, as good as that crappy movie could have been with the 3D.

What's with this new 3D style trend kicking off? And why are they using it to ruin literary classics?

I don't mind 3D animation, just the style they're going to use (which was used in Beowulf and Monster House) looks awful.

I for one think this will be horrible. Burton has gone so down hill and Depp and Burton's last collaboration was fucking awful.

Sweeney Todd was fantastic!

What's with this new 3D style trend kicking off? And why are they using it to ruin literary classics?

To be honest, I really hate it. There hasn't been any good 2D films from American studios in forever, the only one that's coming out is The Princess and the Frog. I don't mind 3D and I have to learn how to do it at school, but I seriously wish this trend would stop. Especially when it's the realistic style of animation, because it ends up looking kind of bland IMO.

To be honest, I really hate it. There hasn't been any good 2D films from American studios in forever, the only one that's coming out is The Swan Princess. I don't mind 3D and I have to learn how to do it at school, but I seriously wish this trend would stop. Especially when it's the realistic style of animation, because it ends up looking kind of bland IMO.

yeah I don't think we'll be seeing anymore of those Jon:(..